The Watch Thread

akashkhannabond007

Follow up question. What are my options for getting the dial on my Pilot cleaned up and the crystal replaced? I dont want to get a new dial (its a pretty old watch and I really love its look but the dial has seen better days lol). Can the dials of Pilot be cleaned and touched up? Or am I looking at a straight replacement?

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, rad2689 said:

Hey guys I'm planning on buying a smart watch. 

Could you tell me which is the best one available in the market for Android users 

Using the samsung watch, no complaints. Look up on OLX many sealed one on sale, pople who got it with S10+ trying to make some money.

@Aftrunner: I'm happy you got yourself some nice, comfortable Nato straps! Beautiful Jubilee you have there :)

My Juntah says "Hi!"...

DSCF7491.jpg

And in the meantime I'm waiting to get served with a heavy Customs Duty bill tomorrow as I have a watch coming in from Creationwatches Singapore tomorrow! :wOOtjumpy:

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

Oooh what did you pick up? 

That janata looks gorgeous on that red strap BTW. 

Thank-you my friend!

I had ordered an Orient Bambino from Creationwatches Singapore (CW) on the 30th last month. It arrived in India pretty quick and was taken to Kolkata Customs for Clearance on the 11th of July. After 5 days it was retained by Customs with the following status:

Retention Reason: CN22/ 23 Missing/ Inappropriate

I waited for the next 3 days but there were no more updates. I knew I had to take charge of this otherwise this would get stuck for God knows how long. I searched out the email for Kolkata Customs online and sent them a cover letter requesting them to kindly release my parcel and included the Invoice from CW, payment details (my Credit Card statement showing the transaction with other areas greyed out) and a screenshot of the Tracking status. Having sent this I then waited patiently.

On the 23rd of July, the status was updated to: Retention Reason: Other. This status I knew from past experience meant that the parcel was taken under the process of clearance. Yesterday it was finally cleared and this afternoon I received it!

CW declared full Invoice Value of $167 (SGD) on the parcel as well (I paid this). Customs Duty charged was Rs.3656/-, approximately 42% which is what is usually charged on Imported watches. So, Customs Duty included, total I paid was around 12.2k INR which is great considering that the Bambino is sold in India by Orient for 18.9k :)

P.S. The CN22 form was very much there on the parcel. The Customs people just updated that missing/ inappropriate for holding it and levying the duty on it. :rofl:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

Thank-you my friend!

I had ordered an Orient Bambino from Creationwatches Singapore (CW) on the 30th last month. It arrived in India pretty quick and was taken to Kolkata Customs for Clearance on the 11th of July. After 5 days it was retained by Customs with the following status:

Retention Reason: CN22/ 23 Missing/ Inappropriate

I waited for the next 3 days but there were no more updates. I knew I had to take charge of this otherwise this would get stuck for God knows how long. I searched out the email for Kolkata Customs online and sent them a cover letter requesting them to kindly release my parcel and included the Invoice from CW, payment details (my Credit Card statement showing the transaction with other areas greyed out) and a screenshot of the Tracking status. Having sent this I then waited patiently.

On the 23rd of July, the status was updated to: Retention Reason: Other. This status I knew from past experience meant that the parcel was taken under the process of clearance. Yesterday it was finally cleared and this afternoon I received it!

CW declared full Invoice Value of $167 (SGD) on the parcel as well (I paid this). Customs Duty charged was Rs.3656/-, approximately 42% which is what is usually charged on Imported watches. So, Customs Duty included, total I paid was around 12.2k INR which is great considering that the Bambino is sold in India by Orient for 18.9k :)

P.S. The CN22 form was very much there on the parcel. The Customs people just updated that missing/ inappropriate for holding it and levying the duty on it. :rofl:

Oh man. I have been looking to pick up a Bambino for a while now but I am holding off cause I have a trip to the US in Oct. Its like 120$ on Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/Orient-Bambino-Japanese-Automatic-Stainless/dp/B01MTS5BFN and I just cant deal with shipping and custom headaches. So I think I will hold off till I then. Or maybe a Presage if I can get a really good deal somewhere. 

My only worries are 1, its gonna look like a f**king dinner plate on my tiny girly wrist and 2, I will end up getting bored in a month and go back to wearing the HMTs again. Same thing happened to the Seiko 5 I bought last year. Been sitting in the box for a while now. 

Edited by Aftrunner
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Awesome Thread guys. 

I had stopped buying watches. Hopefully this thread will rekindle that joy in me :)

Been wearing fitbit blaze nowdays for daily wear so don't get to wear watches regularly. 

This is what i wear currently.

2moblti.jpg

And following this thread forced me to take out few of my old purchases. 

ps: i have not been too kind on keeping them well. 

yo31k.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AtheK said:

great photography, i am stuck to Samsung Watch these days, planning to order few straps from AE. Something like this.

Been using these from Ali for my S3: 
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cPpAaU9K

Looks pretty good. 

Edited by Mizanurification