The Watch Thread

akashkhannabond007

Open for debate?

Do you really need a smart watch, say, for someone who always has his phone on the desk when working etc?

Does it help with navigation during driving etc?

What do you do with the multitude of normal watches which you may have acquired over the years?

Guyz I want to buy a watch, budget 3000rs. Suggest me a good one, simple and good looking (analog only). I was impressed with Timex weekender, is there any similar watches at my price point.

Sent from my Redmi 2 using Tapatalk

Bump. Can someone help their fellow member.

Guyz I want to buy a watch, budget 3000rs. Suggest me a good one, simple and good looking (analog only). I was impressed with Timex weekender, is there any similar watches at my price point.

Sent from my Redmi 2 using Tapatalk

how about this?

http://www.amazon.in/Titan-Octane-Analog-Black-Watch/dp/B007V30FPY/ref=sr_1_49?s=watches&ie=UTF8&qid=1448430777&sr=1-49

• Like 2

Do you really need a smart watch, say, for someone who always has his phone on the desk when working etc?

If you like it for the novelty.

Depends on the model although I think the commonly available variants are at best relay beacons for a smart-device. So the smartphone will have to be up navigating and doing all the heavy lifting whilst the watch will relay the information.

What do you do with the multitude of normal watches which you may have acquired over the years?

I do not own a smartwatch, just seen multiple versions in my office.

Not worth the asking price in my book simply because of their battery life but others can agree to disagree.

Hope this helps, Cheers!

How good are the leather straps that come with fossil watches? Till date, I have never been keen on leather, preferring metal as it is my perception that metal straps last much longer than leather. But, there are also a lot of beautiful watches out there that come only with leather straps. So need some feedback on life expectancy, ease of replace, etc

Bump

Open for debate?

I'm in the same conundrum. I have the Moto360, and while it does provide utility, there is not much additional benefit over using the phone directly.

Biggest advantage - being able to see notifications without pulling phone from pocket.

Cool feature - can change watch faces (I usually don't)

My concern is same as yours - what do I do with the watches I have - as I wish to wear them but then I'd be losing out on smartwatch functionality.

IMO, don't buy one. For the price they usually cost, not really worth it. FFS, I got mine during a sale for a really cheap price and despite that I feel it is not for everyone, especially someone who loves and owns a number of watches.

Open for debate?

Well ihave it and i wear it regularly, but then i wear all my watches regularly. Owning a smart watch does not by any sense of imagination make your normal watches redundant. They both have their own charms. The best use i have found of the watch is while driving, by a flick of watch i get to see what notification it is, and i just don't really need anything else. I find it absolutely cool to keep changing faces, Tag a day, rolesx the another and bmw the third day. Fun Fun Fun!!

My take if you are an avid watch collector and you love to own many watches, you need to have one of these, if you are a one watch man, get a normal watch it will serve you better, charging everyday is PITA

You'll either love them or hate them. Personally I can't do without my Pebble Steel...7 days battery life and being water proof is a boon. I wear it to sleep, on the beach, everywhere. Like AtheK said, helps a lot during driving... And if you're ever riding on a bike, the turn by turn Google maps directions are a life saver.

Miss the look of normal watches at times though... Got a Seiko as a gift and it's been in the box only since. But then I'd take functionality over looks anyday.