Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
akashkhannabond007

The Watch Thread

Recommended Posts

On 15/9/2017 at 1:58 AM, AtheK said:

Try taking to multibrand showrooms they usually have better expertise. 

 

I didn't get by Multibrand showrooms... I went to Moto Service centre .. They said they don't repair watches, and diverted me to go to Jayanagar 4th Block some Jaya Unique College, there they have the main service center of Moto.

 

It is really strange though!! You buy a watch for 16K and then when a small strap of it comes out, Nobody is there to repair it! My watch works fine, The stainless steel strap is fine... Everything is fine. Only one side of plastic which is attached to the stainless belt has come out and thats it since then im not able to use the watch neither repair it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
I didn't get by Multibrand showrooms... I went to Moto Service centre .. They said they don't repair watches, and diverted me to go to Jayanagar 4th Block some Jaya Unique College, there they have the main service center of Moto.
 
It is really strange though!! You buy a watch for 16K and then when a small strap of it comes out, Nobody is there to repair it! My watch works fine, The stainless steel strap is fine... Everything is fine. Only one side of plastic which is attached to the stainless belt has come out and thats it since then im not able to use the watch neither repair it!
Shitty stuff.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This came in after a 41 day wait from Singapore via AliExpress Standard Shipping...

 

2nc2jxw.jpg

 

16lepeo.jpg

 

2vc7t4m.jpg

 

348io07.jpg

Parnis Big Pilot PA-01172 (Asian Unitas Seagull 6497 Movement)

 This watch has a small anecdotal story attached to it and this is how it goes... I was browsing through the AliExpress 11-11 Sale and saw this timepiece. Having instantly fallen in love with it's classic, minimalist looks I could hardly restrain myself from ordering one. The heart wants what it wants. But that's only half the story...

 You see on the 11th of November, in the afternoon I placed the order. That very evening a remarkably poignant event happened and it set in motion certain catastrophic chain of events that would lead to the loss of a very loved one in my life. Now having received the watch it strangely enough makes me remember her. That day, that evening... memories, in time. For any watch collector, for any watch enthusiast every watch almost always has a story attached to it. Some say these stories are lovely little conversation starters over a glass of glistening sherry. Timepieces always tell a tale.

 For me... this Parnis has it's own little tale, a bittersweet one at that. I shall wear it, thinking of her. Traces of memories in the sands of time.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, funnyadit said:

And he is back with his collection museum and photography..Watch looks really classy mate..

 

My condolences mate...Its actually a great symbol as everything in our life is attached to time..

 

Thanks so very much my friend! Hope your doing well. This watch was something I suddenly saw and fell in love with. I was skeptical after placing the order on AliExpress... whether it would be hit by duty but in the end it didn't so it turned out to be a sweet deal.

 

 And, yes... it had now become so much more than just being a timepiece... it's a harbinger of recollections.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, can you suggest from where can i order top quality replica/1st copy watches in India? Any websites/youtube links for reviews of the same. I'm looking for really good quality ones so what kinda of prices can i expect?

 

I found watchokart but not sure how good they really are. Please advise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, amigoatul said:

Guys, can you suggest from where can i order top quality replica/1st copy watches in India? Any websites/youtube links for reviews of the same. I'm looking for really good quality ones so what kinda of prices can i expect?

 

I found watchokart but not sure how good they really are. Please advise.

 

Please stay away from replica watches. Instead get homages to famous watches which are available on AliExpress. Here are a few brands that make good quality homages on AliExpress:

 

Parnis
Torbollo
I&W
Megir
Jaragar
Lige
Michael Zweig (Amazon US)
Chenxi
Orkina
Debert
Sangdo

Sekaro

Reginald

Guanqin

SteelBagelsport

Tevise

 

My picks are: Parnis, Guanqin, Sekaro, Debert and SteelBagelsport.

 

Let me know which model your looking for and I might be able to help you finding the homage for it. Also, do you have a preference towards Quartz or are you looking for Automatics? If Automatics, which movement are you inclined towards getting?

 

My choice of Chinese automatic movements are: Dixmont Guangzhou (DG) and Seagull (ST).

 

I'll post back with the homage watches I have here in a bit, with photographs.

 

Regards,

Black_Hawk

 

 

 

Edited by Black_Hawk
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adding to my post above,

 

You can also look at Stuhrling and Invicta watches which are there on Amazon India. Invicta make some solid automatic watches which are homages to some well known Breitling and Rolex models. If you check on Amazon US, there's a ton of models from these two companies.

 

Even Seiko, Casio and Timex make homages to other famous watches.

 

Is there any particular model that your eying? If you could tell me the model, then I perhaps can help you find a homage.

 

 

Edited by Black_Hawk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Black_Hawk said:

Adding to my post above,

 

You can also look at Stuhrling and Invicta watches which are there on Amazon India. Invicta make some solid automatic watches which are homages to some well known Breitling and Rolex models. If you check on Amazon US, there's a ton of models from these two companies.

 

Even Seiko, Casio and Timex make homages to other famous watches.

 

Is there any particular model that your eying? If you could tell me the model, then I perhaps can help you find a homage.

 

 

Thank you for your suggestions bro. Really appreciate it. 

 

The thing is i already have a bunch of Invictas i ordered from Amazon.com(US) via relatives and friends, models like the Pro Diver Automatic, couple of Chronos, Lefty etc.

Also have a Stuhrling Originial skeleton watch along with a Casio Edifice, Nautica etc. Got bored of the Invictas and will put them up for sale soon.

 

Below is my collection (all original),

 

ngjL6hr.jpg

 

What i'm looking for is a 1:1 copy/replica of the following:

 

Tag Heuer Grand Carrera Calibre 17(love that dial with the meters on either side),

 

YLwXlgG.jpg

 

Rolex Submariner (Have a couple of Invictas which are homages to this one but then...want something better)

 

Audemars Piguet Royal Oak (Best bracelet on a watch from whatever i've seen so far..),

 

https://www.audemarspiguet.com/en/watch-collection/royal-oak/15400ST.OO.1220ST.03/

 

Breitling Navitimer Chrono(Pfff...who doesnt want a Breitling, duh!)

 

Panerai PAM 508 Submersible

 

and a few others.

 

I know replica/first copy watches are frowned upon by some/most ppl. I also prefer original stuff ranging from Clothers to shoes to everything else but these high end watches are things i feel i cannot afford anytime soon or maybe never... so for now i got myself around to the fact that a well made copy is not so bad after all. I've seen some YT videos of 1st copy watches which are quite close to the original in looks and functionality. I know the original cannot be matched due to the quality of materials used but their astronomical prices are out of reach for most ppl.

 

I like the Parnis watch you posted above. How much did it cost? Do share the link.

 

Edited by amigoatul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, amigoatul said:

I like the Parnis watch you posted above. How much did it cost? Do share the link.

 

 

It's a Parnis PA-01172. Here is the link for it:

 

Parnis PA-01172

 

It comes with an Asian Unitas 6497 movement which can be hand-wound.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Black_Hawk said:

 

It's a Parnis PA-01172. Here is the link for it:

 

Parnis PA-01172

 

It comes with an Asian Unitas 6497 movement which can be hand-wound.

 

 

Thanks bro!

 

If other watch collector's can suggest sources for my above mentioned replicas, I would be very thankful..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

Any idea where I can pick up a Nato strap and a couple of decent quality leather straps? 18MM. 

 

For NATO Straps:

 

AliExpress. Here is a link for a store I use to get my straps for my watches:

 

SeaTopTon Store - AliExpress

 

If you want Seatbelt Herringbone weave NATO straps then search for "Seatbelt nato: on AliExpress and you will get them. These are better quality and comfortable.

 

You can also try Amazon India but straps there are very low grade as regards to quality, barring these ones:

 

Seatbelt NATO Straps

 

For Leather Straps:

 

AliExpress Again. You can also visit a World of Titan showroom in India for Hirsch straps. These are excellent quality leather straps. Other straps available in India aren't really good quality and often times just far too stiff to wear comfortably.

 

If your only looking for 18mm straps in particular and would like to get them from a seller in India, let me know. I will PM you a contact number of a person I have bought straps from. He has both NATO as well as leather straps.

 

Cheers!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Black_Hawk said:

 

AliExpress Again. You can also visit a World of Titan showroom in India for Hirsch straps. These are excellent quality leather straps. Other straps available in India aren't really good quality and often times just far too stiff to wear comfortably.

 

If your only looking for 18mm straps in particular and would like to get them from a seller in India, let me know. I will PM you a contact number of a person I have bought straps from. He has both NATO as well as leather straps.

 

Cheers!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

How much are Hirsch straps. Can you quote post the details of this person or DM to me

 

Thanks

Edited by puns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, puns said:

 

How much are Hirsch straps. Can you quote post the details of this person or DM to me

 

Thanks

 

Hirsch straps available in the World of Titan showrooms here in Kolkata are anywhere between 1.5k to 2k. They also have straps which are higher priced. What I like about Hirsch is, they are soft from the get go and actually last.

 

His name is Gautam Haryani. He is a seller from Mumbai. His contact number is 9619358357.

 

Also, besides straps he does deal in vintage HMT watches and other vintage watches. You can either call him or Whatsapp him. (If you plan to pick up any vintage watches, make sure to do your research about the originality of the dial, NOS piece, etc. before purchasing. Just a fair heads-up from my side, that's all). Also, bear in mind these straps will NOT be at par with straps from Hirsch.

 

Another store from AliExpress that I have purchased leather straps from and can recommend is this one:

 

OnTheLevel Store - Straps

 

This above store are the suppliers to Watchcode in the US.

 

Having mentioned all this, if you want straps for luxury watches and want custom made leather straps from exotic leather, then let me know. There is a another person in India who exclusively takes care of that, for a pretty stiff price.

 

:)

 

Edited by Black_Hawk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Black_Hawk said:

 

Hirsch straps available in the World of Titan showrooms here in Kolkata are anywhere between 1.5k to 2k. They also have straps which are higher priced. What I like about Hirsch is, they are soft from the get go and actually last.

 

His name is Gautam Haryani. He is a seller from Mumbai. His contact number is 9619358357.

 

Also, besides straps he does deal in vintage HMT watches and other vintage watches. You can either call him or Whatsapp him. (If you plan to pick up any vintage watches, make sure to do your research about the originality of the dial, NOS piece, etc. before purchasing. Just a fair heads-up from my side, that's all). Also, bear in mind these straps will NOT be at par with straps from Hirsch.

 

Another store from AliExpress that I have purchased leather straps from and can recommend is this one:

 

OnTheLevel Store - Straps

 

This above store are the suppliers to Watchcode in the US.

 

Having mentioned all this, if you want straps for luxury watches and want custom made leather straps from exotic leather, then let me know. There is a another person in India who exclusively takes care of that, for a pretty stiff price.

 

:)

 

 

Thanks man. Aliexpress works fine for me. I am not in a hurry.

 

I might ping that guy for any vintage stuff he has though. Been looking for a Sandoz or Favre for sometime. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...