The Watch Thread

akashkhannabond007

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looking for some watch within 12-13k.

Have my eyes on Seiko, but not sure if I can get a decent one at that range.

Any recommendations? Cc: @Black_Hawk

P.S.

In terms of preference, I lean more towards the 'clean' looking ones, as opposed to the 'busy' ones (like G Shock, for example).

6 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

^^Get a Bambino. Better looking IMO. 

They do look pretty good, but don't see them available online as such. I guess I'll have to import them from creation watches?

Also, is Orient as good a brand as Seiko?

8 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

They do look pretty good, but don't see them available online as such. I guess I'll have to import them from creation watches?

Orient is an excellent brand. Only downside is the Bambino line has kinda big dials so probably a no go if you have tiny wrists like me. 

I am pretty sure you can get it shipped to India for like ~180-200$. Well within your budget. 

Edited by Aftrunner

1 hour ago, Aftrunner said:

Orient is an excellent brand. Only downside is the Bambino line has kinda big dials so probably a no go if you have tiny wrists like me. 

Unfortunately, same issue ☹️.

44 mm ones look huge on my wrist.

Edited by quixote_1989

Yeah, get the Seiko then. 

1 hour ago, Snake said:

@watch bros.... what's a good daily driver watch for 5-8k?

Boring answer? Get something in the Seiko 5 series. They are mostly around 7k ish.  

Cool answer? HMT. :P 

Timex Weekender is probably a good get if you can find it. They are like 4k. Rock solid build. And they look pretty nice (as long as you like the military look). 

Edited by Aftrunner
  • Thanks 1

Get a Timex weekender then. Well built watch, should last you forever. Looks great on a Nato strap ( although I dont know how formal your office is, Nato strap is kinda like Khaki + Polo levels of formal i.e. semi).

Its like a Hamilton Khaki except its like 1/10th the price. 

https://www.amazon.com/Timex-Unisex-T2N651-Weekender-Slip-Thru/dp/B004VR9HP2/ref=sr_1_1?_encoding=UTF8&path=%2FTimex-Unisex-T2N651-Weekender-Slip-Thru%2Fdp%2FB004VR9HP2%2Fref%3Dsr_1_1&useRedirectOnSuccess=1&th=1

50 bucks inc shipping and import fee. 

Edited by Aftrunner
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

Get a Timex weekender then. Well built watch, should last you forever. Looks great on a Nato strap ( although I dont know how formal your office is, Nato strap is kinda like Khaki + Polo levels of formal i.e. semi).

Its like a Hamilton Khaki except its like 1/10th the price. 

https://www.amazon.com/Timex-Unisex-T2N651-Weekender-Slip-Thru/dp/B004VR9HP2/ref=sr_1_1?_encoding=UTF8&path=%2FTimex-Unisex-T2N651-Weekender-Slip-Thru%2Fdp%2FB004VR9HP2%2Fref%3Dsr_1_1&useRedirectOnSuccess=1&th=1

50 bucks inc shipping and import fee. 

Will do.. thanks man

11 hours ago, Snake said:

yeah I'm cool with the military look. need one for office. but nothing too expensive

If you want a formal look, and can stretch a bit, get skagen, they have some nice slim profile watches. 

https://www.helioswatchstore.com/watches/skagen?gender=men

Edited by AtheK
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, AtheK said:

If you want a formal look, and can stretch a bit, get skagen, they have some nice slim profile watches. 

https://www.helioswatchstore.com/watches/skagen?gender=men

I'll look at those as well.. thanks

On 11/7/2019 at 7:24 PM, quixote_1989 said:

Looking for some watch within 12-13k.

Have my eyes on Seiko, but not sure if I can get a decent one at that range.

Any recommendations? Cc: @Black_Hawk

P.S.

In terms of preference, I lean more towards the 'clean' looking ones, as opposed to the 'busy' ones (like G Shock, for example).

On 11/8/2019 at 11:28 AM, quixote_1989 said:

On 11/8/2019 at 8:05 PM, Aftrunner said:

I am pretty sure you can get it shipped to India for like ~180-200$. Well within your budget. 

After some more research, came across this one-> Citizen BM8180-03E

Stellar reviews all around, and won't have to worry about correcting the time every week, as it is with the mechanical watches.

Only problem is availability. Doesn't seem to be available with any reputed seller in India, and import from Amazon is coming to about 18k after shipping & customs. :(

Even creation watches doesn't have it.

57 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

After some more research, came across this one-> Citizen BM8180-03E

Stellar reviews all around, and won't have to worry about correcting the time every week, as it is with the mechanical watches.

Only problem is availability. Doesn't seem to be available with any reputed seller in India, and import from Amazon is coming to about 18k after shipping & customs. :(

Even creation watches doesn't have it.

Eco drive is excellent. I wouldnt pay 18k for it though. Not for a Quartz watch. :P 

If you are ok with Quartz, look at Seiko Kinetic too. Beautiful watches. Probably around 15k Amazon import I think.

Or look at Orient Ray/Mako? I dont know if you are into the whole "Diving" aesthetic though. I always found it clunky looking.

Edited by Aftrunner