Steam deals

Aftrunner

246 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

@Sach4Life - It is because I would hate to login to UPLAY everytime i wanted to play the game :| (Which requires more form filling and registrations which I hate -_-' )

@Aditya - It's not about the long steam games list but because of the fact that I am comfy using Steam only, I have tried other clients as well but no use <_<

@Joe - +1

How does being on uplay make the game worse?

Hmmm... Let me tell you how.

Say you are in India and MT is in the Middle East, you want to play the Co-Op in FARCRY 3. You cannot, simply because of the latency and peer-to-peer routing issues.

Apart from the fact that it has a banal looking layout and does absolutely nothing to improve the game experience, no notification pop ups when you send a message.

And the fact that even though you bought the game on STEAM, UPlay! will not allow you to play the game directly and shall force you to login. If Games For Windows Live had an evil half-twin I assure you UPlay! will be leading the pack of potential contendors.

Yeah. It seems like he won't be able to play any Ubisoft game EVER.

Well, for that purposes I have got the PS3.

jst set it to auto, how hard is tht.

Besides, getting it on steam means running 2 different drm clients.

Jst accept that you like ogling at your big fat games list on steam u perv :P

Well, suit yourself on thinking on how I view steam.

Hmmm... Let me tell you how.

Say you are in India and MT is in the Middle East, you want to play the Co-Op in FARCRY 3. You cannot, simply because of the latency and peer-to-peer routing issues.

Apart from the fact that it has a banal looking layout and does absolutely nothing to improve the game experience, no notification pop ups when you send a message.

And the fact that even though you bought the game on STEAM, UPlay! will not allow you to play the game directly and shall force you to login. If Games For Windows Live had an evil half-twin I assure you UPlay! will be leading the pack of potential contendors.

Thanks for the clear cut explanation :hug:

can you play half life 2 dvd version "directly" without steam popping up?

EA n Ubisoft are jst late to the party, valve showed the way with hl2 back in 2004 by forcing their drm on everyone, n it's crazy to think 2 of the biggest publishing giants ain't gonna try the same.

Fair enough (I dont know if you can run directly or not)

But, lemme get this straight to you, I love steam because of :-

1. Game Sales

2. Humble bundles.

3. I am able to earn money using trading which NO COMPANY YOU MENTIONED ALLOWS.

4. All my games are organized in one place.

5. Almost everyone of my friends is on STEAM so playing with them is very easy.

6. Indie Titles

7. Support is extremely good as compared to the a**hole EA (which i have encountered).

8. Very easy payment options (Paypal,DC,CC). I tried spending my money on Origin using my Debit Card but it won't accept cuz it is a DC.

9. Almost daily, new games are added.

10. We have got an India Dedicated server for downloading files in steam which is pretty fast i guess.

etc etc.

Edited by Blueelvis_RoXXX
  • Like 1

^^ :cheers:

Plus, Family sharing, achievements, neat screenshot library, community, workshop, game early access, daily deals, cool gimmicks (like badges, levels, bgs, etc..), groups, giveaways, etc.

Nobody will match Steam level of awesomeness. EA and Ubilol can try.

So I don't mind pay few extra bucks for Steam copy.

Edited by Heaven Angel

^It's personal preference. Simple. Steam > every other client combined.

_

Anyways, did anybody buy Tour of Duty Tickets during winter sale? It was down to $0.50 and now it's rising back. (already to $0.88)

ZkwUqBW.png

Can't wait to sell mine. :D

Edited by Heaven Angel

7. Support is extremely good as compared to the a**hole EA (which i have encountered). - You are joking. Good support n Steam doesn't go hand in hand. Steam supprt sucks.

I once lost access to my Steam account. Steam support restored my account within 24 hours, during the holiday season. So no, they're not in the business of sucking when it comes to critical issues.