Steam deals

Aftrunner

246 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

PS: Guys who intend to get their region locked games removed from the steam client (cd key removal process). Here is the process defined by Steam support...

In short, keep your game boxes at arm's length... :fear:

Also, apparently any game purchased from Steam directly is region free. Any game loaded from a CD has a region lock. Although my Alien Vs Predator game plays just fine... :scratchchin:

That's strange. All my Steam games have been bought in India via CD, (CS, HL2, Orange Box) and they ALL work just fine in the United States. Since a year and 2 months.

That's strange. All my Steam games have been bought in India via CD, (CS, HL2, Orange Box) and they ALL work just fine in the United States. Since a year and 2 months.

It's a little confusing how it works. I believe they only started region locking games recently. L4D 2 was region locked and copies of the Orange Box sold a little before its release. If you bought those games on release, they're not region locked.

It's a little confusing how it works. I believe they only started region locking games recently. L4D 2 was region locked and copies of the Orange Box sold a little before its release. If you bought those games on release, they're not region locked.

Could you list any Valve games that are region locked on release? I'll ask a friend to buy it from India, and I'll try and play it out here..

Could you list any Valve games that are region locked on release? I'll ask a friend to buy it from India, and I'll try and play it out here..

L4D 2 is region locked and any Valve games after that will be too (that includes newer copies of Orange Box). I'm assuming Portal 2 will be as well.

L4D 2 is region locked and any Valve games after that will be too (that includes newer copies of Orange Box). I'm assuming Portal 2 will be as well.

I bought L4D2 from India, will try it. Will try Portal 2 as well.

My brother is in Australia and I buy pretty much ever Steamworks game and send him the code. The only one that has been locked for him is Left 4 Dead 2 because there's a blood-less version released for Australia, which is why the Indian one didn't work. Every other Steamworks game I've sent, Valve or otherwise, has worked just fine.

Strange, L4D 2 didn't work for me when I was in Dubai (had to replace it with an international version) and a couple of friends bought the Orange Box a few months before L4D 2's release and couldn't play it abroad.

What do you mean, region locked? As in, a DVD bought in India will not work in a DVD drive of a laptop or PC bought in the US? That sucks :thumbdown:

Its anyways better to get good deals off steam. You can download and play anywhere and even make backups in case the game is as big as GTA4.

Although if you compare Portal 2 prices on Steam vs. Intencity, then may God :helpsmilie: us.

Metro 2033 going for $5 on GamersGate

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-M2033/metro-2033

Steam redeemable key..

And bought it !

Also, Valve complete pack for 99.99 - http://store.steampowered.com/sub/7930/ (Includes Portal 2)

Includes:

Portal, Half-Life 2: Episode Two, Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Portal 2

Counter-Strike, Team Fortress Classic, Day of Defeat, Deathmatch Classic, Half-Life: Opposing Force, Ricochet, Half-Life, Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Deleted Scenes, Half-Life: Blue Shift, Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life: Source, Day of Defeat: Source, Half-Life 2: Deathmatch, Half-Life 2: Lost Coast, Half-Life Deathmatch: Source, Half-Life 2: Episode One.

faccckkkk rage !!!! I've just voted YES for the poll and I don't even have a gaming/normal PC, I have a fooking netbook !! facckkk !! :rant:

My Orange Box and L4D2 copies didn't work in UK as I bought the retail versions in India but Counter Strike Source and Day of Defeat Source worked just fine.

It seems that steam itself is confused over what to lock and what not to lock many times.

Its because they have mentioned that games purchased on Steam will be region free. But not the ones purchased on disks. Its the same case with me. My L4D2 and Orange box dont work but Counter Strike Source works because I purchased the former 2 in a disk format and Source on steam online...

Edited by SchneideR

Its because they have mentioned that games purchased on Steam will be region free. But not the ones purchased on disks. Its the same case with me. My L4D2 and Orange box dont work but Counter Strike Source works because I purchased the former 2 in a disk format and Source on steam online...

Weird thing is my friend bought Orange Box on release and it's not region locked, but recent copies are. I guess they added it recently. And 2 years back, the DoW games were region locked but they aren't any more.

Read again:

My Orange Box and L4D2 copies didn't work in UK as I bought the retail versions in India but Counter Strike Source and Day of Defeat Source worked just fine.

It seems that steam itself is confused over what to lock and what not to lock many times.

I clearly implied that my Counter Strike Source and DOD: Source copies were retail copies purchased in India.

Read again:

I clearly implied that my Counter Strike Source and DOD: Source copies were retail copies purchased in India.

That was anything but clear... No matter how many times I read it, the phrase "copies didn't work in UK as I bought the retail versions in India" seem to point at Orange box and L4D2 only.

Anyways, I am not sure how the region lock works... In some cases it may have been overlooked... :)

Edited by SchneideR

If I mention retail copies once then I'm obviously implying about retail copies again when I mention the other game unless I state otherwise.

When did you buy CS S and DOD? When you bought Orange Box or earlier?

DOD:S CSS in 2009 and Orange Box in 2008.

Edited by praveer

If I mention retail copies once then I'm obviously implying about retail copies again when I mention the other game unless I state otherwise.

Nah... Wasnt so obvious to me mate. :)

Moving on...

Guys,

Why does "The Lost and the Damned" game (in GTA EFLC) have a yellowish tinge to it during the day time? Colours look washed out and there is a yellowish tinge to the daytime in the game. "Ballad of Gay Tony" works just fine though...

Anyone facing this problem?