Assassin's Creed: Codename Red

Heaven Angel

Assassin's Creed: Codename Red is the next big flagship AC title, taking place in Feudal Japan Developed by Ubisoft Quebec 

- You'll play as Shinobi

-  Huge open-world RPG 

- New premium flagship title

- Jonathan Dumont as Creative Director

Developed by Ubisoft Quebec, team behind Assassin's Creed Odyssey & Immortals Fenyx Rising (Gods & Monsters) 

AC-Codename-RED-Ann_09-10-22.jpg

FcijxbeWAAEu4ZZ?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Edited by Heaven Angel
  • Like 1

• Heaven Angel changed the title to Assassin's Creed: Codename Red & Hexe
  • Heaven Angel changed the title to Assassin's Creed: Codename Red
4 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

People have been asking for Japan setting for 15 years. Having big hopes for this. 

Ghost of Tsushima kinda took the sheen off of this announcement though.

But I'm assuming at least the traversal will be much better in this.

3 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Since the first game came out? 

Yep, people have been asking for Feudal Japan AC game for years. It's quite anticipated!! 

Ubisoft is giving people what they want back to roots with Mirage and finally a game set in Japan.

2 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Yep, people have been asking for Feudal Japan AC game for years. It's quite anticipated!! 

Ubisoft is giving people what they want back to roots with Mirage and finally a game set in Japan.

The setting request didn't go that far back. I mean after the first game, the feedback was very divisive on the game itself. Ezio's saga is what breathed life into this series and till that time people were content with the setting. It's only when they started branching out with more characters and  time period did people start putting in their request. It definitely picked up more traction with the newer engine providing immense opportunity for higher visual fidelity and RPG elements to boot. It was almost a given at this point that they'd chose this location. Took them a while but glad it's announced now and with folks behind Odyssey helming it, I'm relieved. 

16 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

The setting request didn't go that far back

It might not that far but after Ezio's saga people started asking for a Feudal Japan setting. 

After Odyssey as it was a really good AC game people were down on this. 

19 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Took them a while but glad it's announced now and with folks behind Odyssey helming it, I'm relieved.

Yep, Ubisoft Quebec team have given some good games. Odyssey was massive, beautiful and stands on top 3 AC games till this date.  

6 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

The setting request didn't go that far back. I mean after the first game, the feedback was very divisive on the game itself. Ezio's saga is what breathed life into this series and till that time people were content with the setting. It's only when they started branching out with more characters and  time period did people start putting in their request. It definitely picked up more traction with the newer engine providing immense opportunity for higher visual fidelity and RPG elements to boot. It was almost a given at this point that they'd chose this location. Took them a while but glad it's announced now and with folks behind Odyssey helming it, I'm relieved. 

Yeah i guess i should have said AC2 at least. 

1 hour ago, Kumar123 said:

Won't be as unique.

It's always welcome. How many Action-Adventure/RPG games have we had set in Europe and America's till now? Far too many to count and only now are people getting tired of them.

There is a lot of place for more games set in Japan. Not to mention - if it succeeds, it will allow full AAA mainline titles to be set in China, Mongolia and Korea (which are sister settings like how Europe and America's are sister settings).

Then they can go to India and go to our sister settings as well (India/Afg-Pak-BD/SL/Malaysia-Singapore/Indonesia etc.) 

Edited by roun90

Just now, roun90 said:

It's always welcome. How many Action-Adventure/RPG games have we had set in Europe and America's till now. Far too many to count and only now are people getting tired of them.

There is a lot of place for more games set in Japan. Not to mention - if it succeeds, it will allow full AAA mainline titles to be set in China, Mongolia and Korea (which are sister settings like how Europe and America's are sister settings).

Then they can go to India and go to our sister settings as well (India/SL/Malaysia-Singapore/Indonesia etc.) 

I don't know man. Japan has always been an extremely popular setting. Wish they would try new, unexplored locations but haven't seen many games do that.