Like a Dragon: Ishin Kiwami

Snake

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, hazard12345 said:

This has to be the best collection in terms of variety of side activities, i have seen in the Like a dragon series so far

Y0 is still the gold standard for side quests/ mini games in the entire series 

39 minutes ago, Bauji said:

Imagine ppl being so angry with the change to turn based before the release :D

I would fall into that camp. Well not angry per se, but more annoyed with that direction. Even after completing Like a Dragon, I don't find the style particularly appealing. I'd rather enjoy a free flowing brawler combat to turn based any given day. They can keep this style in their Like a Dragon series, but retain the original form in these spin-off titles. I somehow feel the 0's engine had much more amazing combat styles and much more impactful heat move executions than the Dragon engine. It's weird they chose Unreal Engine 4 for this one and something feels off. Nevertheless, very excited for this game and hope they give Kenzan a Kiwami treatment too. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

I would fall into that camp. Well not angry per se, but more annoyed with that direction. Even after completing Like a Dragon, I don't find the style particularly appealing. I'd rather enjoy a free flowing brawler combat to turn based any given day. They can keep this style in their Like a Dragon series, but retain the original form in these spin-off titles. I somehow feel the 0's engine had much more amazing combat styles and much more impactful heat move executions than the Dragon engine. It's weird they chose Unreal Engine 4 for this one and something feels off. Nevertheless, very excited for this game and hope they give Kenzan a Kiwami treatment too. 

This…..and FK TURN BASED COMBAT 

:ranting:

I remember playing a demo of the original on PS4, making Japanese PSN account, understanding absolutely f**k all because even the text was in japanese :rofl
Loved the sword combat tho, never played a normal yakuza game before

Btw anyone know if there will be Ichiban in this? they have Zhao, Mabuchi, Joongi Han( not exactly Yakuza 7 only but you get the gist ) already

21 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

I remember playing a demo of the original on PS4, making Japanese PSN account, understanding absolutely f**k all because even the text was in japanese :rofl

:P

This reminds me when I used to play those Technos games in my childhood on NES and got some cartridge with full Japanese text. Didn't understand sh*t, me but that didn't stop me & my friend co-op'ing it by just pressing random buttons, selecting our players and trashing the mobs. We would make up our own Hindi dialogue based on the characters gestures; good f*ckin times! 

24 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Btw anyone know if there will be Ichiban in this? they have Zhao, Mabuchi, Joongi Han( not exactly Yakuza 7 only but you get the gist ) already

No Ichi unfortunately. :( 

Unfortunately, it seems like fans of Ichiban are going to be left wanting, as Like A Dragon: Ishin's chief producer, Hiroyuki Sakamoto, has confirmed in an interview with TheGamer that, although the team recognised that fans wanted to see Ichi, having him be part of the story as a Shinsengumi (the shogunate’s special police force) wouldn't fit his beliefs. Instead, he appears as a Trooper Card in battle.

https://www.thegamer.com/like-a-dragon-ishin-yakuza-ichiban-not-in-fit-beliefs/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1