House of the Dragon Spoiler Discussion Thread

STICK3Rboy

24 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Vhagar is an adult.

While Arrax was just a kid.

Aemond knows he f**ked up.

Yeah. And not just an adult, but a battle-hardened ancient relic of a dragon.

I'm loving all the memes and jokes that have started popping up about her whole "granny with dementia and PTSD" energy :lol:

WYrnkJ9.jpg

Okayish finale.

Season 1 was just like warm up, nothing really exciting apart from daemon and aemonds cool as well.

Also, the dragon fights don't excite me, i greatly prefer basic land/human combat over set/action pieces like dragons.

Edited by GunnerY2J

Final 10 minutes were best part of whole season. This show doesn't hold a candle to GoT season 1. It's a family drama with dragons. No thrills, no twists, nothing. Only good acting and production values. Maybe next season will be better.

Finished the episode. Loved it. Especially those last 10 mins. Fitting episode to end the season. All in all i was quite content with the show. The quality comes close to GoT for me but more focused on internal family drama and not so much supernatural stuff like GoT had. This show also has less likeable characters. 

I wish they didn't have the time jumps though but i understand it. The multitude of characters with similar names is also annoying.

I will say one thing, i don't remember anyone in GoT giving as good a performance as Viserys in episode 8. I think thats my favourite episode of the show. 

Edited by dylanjosh

7 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Yep. @STICK3Rboy  You should watch Succession if you haven't already. The writing is really tight there too. And it's also about a powerful family and it's politics.

Succession is like 10 times better than house of dragon. When is next season starting? Nothing on IMDb. It was supposed to be October right?

11 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Yep. @STICK3Rboy  You should watch Succession if you haven't already. The writing is really tight there too. And it's also about a powerful family and it's politics.

Yeah, it's been on my watchlist for so long. I think it's high time I get around to finally watching it.