SPOILERS - God of War: Ragnarök

the one when kratos blows the gjally and all nine realms open. reminded me of the endgame portal sequence. one can only imagine what they could've done in the last 2 hours of the game if it was built only for ps5. 

another great sequence was when brok dies and they go on the hunt again like the start of the first game. 

6 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

These two sections, Goosebumps loaded and the last line - Loki Goes Atreus Remains 

The change from dream sequence back to reality * chefs kiss *

6 hours ago, KnackChap said:

the one when kratos blows the gjally and all nine realms open. reminded me of the endgame portal sequence. one can only imagine what they could've done in the last 2 hours of the game if it was built only for ps5. 

another great sequence was when brok dies and they go on the hunt again like the start of the first game. 

The music with kratos theme….LAWD. Goosebumps 

also where Kratos asks brok to bless the spear even tho brok doesnt have all his ‘soul bits’.

Finished it. Once in a generation game. Miles ahead of 2018 game.

The Blades combat was much more like gow3 here. Felt complete badass. This was more of a combination of old gow games and the new one with more narrative focus as well.

One of the best combat in a video game.

Few best moments i can think of:

Thor Intro scene. Kratos n Thor discussing things over a table is just epic n then that gow3 opening level boss fight

Interpretation of Thor n Odin was nailed. Exceptional.

Atreus n World Serpent meeting was a great moment.

Alfheim n Vanaheim excellent combat encounters.

Loved Ironwood boss fight.

Whole Draupnir sequence n that Brok n Kratos moment was truly special.

Asgard Climb graphics. Wow.

Odins n atreus sections were so so good. Odin was played n voiced beautifully.

Garm boss fight was spectacular.

Broks death man so sad. Why SSM. Didnt see that coming.

Whole Surtus scene n boss fight after that,so amazing.

Kratos's General Scene sent Chills. Goosebumps.

Thor n Odin back to back boss fights. Holy sh*t. Epic stuff that.

The Last walk in the cave n that shrine. Goosebumps.

Broks funeral. Heavy.

Masterpiece in every sense.

Sindri is the best character in Ragnarok. Sindris outburst after Broks death was the best scene in the game.

M so glad all the characters flourished. Story n execution was exceptional.

Best Boss fight : Thor, Nidlhogg n Garm. Truly gow3 stuff.

I wish we weilded Mjolnir man.

Yet to do any side content yet.

This is peak gaming. Once in a generation game. To have so many characters, story arcs n deliver it all is a remarkable achievement.

Take a bow SSM.

• Like 2

I beat main story today. 9/10 because Odin fight was just fine. Best bits - 

1) Nidhogg entry - woah!

2) Sindri's house - a beauty

3) The Norns house - those golden ropes curtain inside the sea - amazing graphics

4) The Norns just straight up owing Kratos, Freya and Mimir during the conversation :majesty::rofl:

5) Hiemdall - a badass fearsome warrior, so menacing

6) Thor's hammer lightning sounds - amazing

7) Asgard's wall from outside - gorgeous, took soooooo many pics and the climb and the views all around

8) BROK - the best character of the game

• best blessing of the Draupnir spear - a master blacksmith
  • unmasked Odin in Tyr's disguise
  • fooled even Mimir with his riddle - what grows bigger the more you take away
  • the whole last war was waged to avenge Brok 

9) Draupnir making forge sequence was amazing with the mermaid and all

10) Draupnir spear attack sounds are awesome - combo of wind and metal sounds

11) BEST LOOKING SCENE - when we go to "Spark of the World" area where Surtr changes to Ragnarok and we battle 2 Valkyries - damn, if that area isn't one of the best looking areas made by any game devs in the last decade or so 

12) Attack on Asgard was quite hectic - didn't even feel that it was a game, very well made 

13) Niflhiem area was also amazing graphics with all ice structures

now, will play side quests. Are beserker enemies as challenging as Valkyries from 2018? I beat 2 and they seem easier

will play GMGOW next year when they bring new game +

also, there's a frozen lightning from sky till ground in an area to the side of try temple. What's that?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 0verlord said:

also, there's a frozen lightning from sky till ground in an area to the side of try temple. What's that?

That's the place where the first fight between Kratos and Thor took place and there's a bolt of lightning, which is frozen. Basically both, Mjölnir's and Leviathan's, powers.

On 11/25/2022 at 10:12 PM, hussain said:

what was your favourite or most memorable moment from the game?

For me it was the moment when Atreus comes back and Kratos goes "What name do I call you" Goddam broke me man. 

For me, it’s all the transitions between Kratos and Atreus. 

They kept their vision from the first game to have single-shot camera throughout the game and executed the change of perspectives so well. 

23 hours ago, 0verlord said:

I beat main story today. 9/10 because Odin fight was just fine. Best bits - 

1) Nidhogg entry - woah!

2) Sindri's house - a beauty

3) The Norns house - those golden ropes curtain inside the sea - amazing graphics

4) The Norns just straight up owing Kratos, Freya and Mimir during the conversation :majesty::rofl:

5) Hiemdall - a badass fearsome warrior, so menacing

6) Thor's hammer lightning sounds - amazing

7) Asgard's wall from outside - gorgeous, took soooooo many pics and the climb and the views all around

8) BROK - the best character of the game

• best blessing of the Draupnir spear - a master blacksmith
  • unmasked Odin in Tyr's disguise
  • fooled even Mimir with his riddle - what grows bigger the more you take away
  • the whole last war was waged to avenge Brok 

9) Draupnir making forge sequence was amazing with the mermaid and all

10) Draupnir spear attack sounds are awesome - combo of wind and metal sounds

11) BEST LOOKING SCENE - when we go to "Spark of the World" area where Surtr changes to Ragnarok and we battle 2 Valkyries - damn, if that area isn't one of the best looking areas made by any game devs in the last decade or so 

12) Attack on Asgard was quite hectic - didn't even feel that it was a game, very well made 

13) Niflhiem area was also amazing graphics with all ice structures

now, will play side quests. Are beserker enemies as challenging as Valkyries from 2018? I beat 2 and they seem easier

will play GMGOW next year when they bring new game +

14) important but the most amazing scene which I forgot when Kratos and Atreus find moon and go to Skoll and Hati wolves, then Atreus shoots the arrow and one wolf jumps into the sky - WOAH WHAT AN AMAAAAAZING SCENE - Sony used that scene in the beginning of this video 

20 hours ago, AtheK said:

just gna stands between me and platinum, finally killed the King :lol:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHZN5Ymyx67wx_3yTzOaq

Lol took a week to beat him ?

Gna is Amazing, should be easier if you still have Sigrun reflexes..

I tried Sigrun after Gna and the controls itself didn't feel that smooth 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHZN5Ymyx67wx_3yTzOaq

Lol took a week to beat him ?

Gna is Amazing, should be easier if you still have Sigrun reflexes..

I tried Sigrun after Gna and the controls itself didn't feel that smooth 

na not a week, just not getting time, will probably beat GNA in weekend, will need an hour to two i guess.

But this game has been just amazing, what a ride, story telling at a different level.

I am doing post main game content. I’ll be posting my Gna and Hrolf battles in give me no mercy difficulty in a week or two. Has anyone beaten both in no mercy or gmgow?

I’ll be doing my gmgow run once the drop NG+ update and will post all beserkers and Gna gmgow battles. 

Edited by 0verlord

41 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

I am doing post main game content. I’ll be posting my Gna and Hrolf battles in give me no mercy difficulty in a week or two. Has anyone beaten both in no mercy or gmgow?

I’ll be doing my gmgow run once the drop NG+ update and will post all beserkers and Gna gmgow battles. 

There were few videos hidden on main thread.. but ya Kushagra has beaten Gna on GMGOW with Zero Damage..  Here's the video:

• Like 1