Witcher Remake

SRINI87

news-placeholder-en-big-73ceaad8..jpg

We are thrilled to announce that The Witcher Remake is being worked on! That's right, the game that started it all is being rebuilt from the ground up in Unreal Engine 5. 

The game is currently in the early stages of development at the Polish studio Fool’s Theory, where veteran Witcher series staff are involved. We, as CD PROJEKT RED, are providing full creative supervision. 

The Witcher Remake is what you might know by the codename “Canis Majoris”. It’s still early and we want to ensure that the game is created with the utmost care and attention to detail, therefore, while we’re excited to share the news with you, we want to ask you for patience as it will be a while until we start talking about this project in detail.

“The Witcher is where it all started for us, for CD PROJEKT RED. It was the first game we made, ever, and it was a big moment for us then. Going back to this place and remaking the game for the next generation of gamers to experience it feels just as big, if not bigger,” said Adam Badowski, Head of Studio, CD PROJEKT RED. “Collaborating with Fool’s Theory on the project is just as exciting, as some of the people there have been previously involved in The Witcher games. They know the source material well, they know how much gamers have been looking forward to seeing the remake happen, and they know how to make incredible and ambitious games. And although it will take some time before we’re ready to share more about and from the game, I know it’ll be worth the wait.”

https://www.thewitcher.com/en/news/46225/the-witcher-remake-is-in-development

Edited by SRINI87

The combat was something US Videogame Market never saw. It was similar to some of the European games hence most of them hated it. With the remake, i don't know if they'll change the combat style. Let's see.

The decade of remakes.

Overall gaming companies are relying on 80's and 90's generation for making their money, coz we were kids when these games were originally released and now they know we are earning adults and won't mind the nostalgia kick backs with updated/reworked graphics.

RE4, Splinter Cell, Dead Space and now this.....Let's see, what next remake announcement is made and by whom.

I am counting on Sony for the remake of God of War 1 and 2 and if possible the PSP versions too (highly doubt PSP games will get the remake treatment though)

• Like 1

What I don't understand is why on earth does everyone want to move to Unreal engine even when they have their own in-house engine?

Yakuza Ishin is doing the same, when their Dragon Engine delivers spectacular visuals with really good frame rates. Now CDPR wants to make the leap and that too on Unreal Engine 5? If that Matrix Demo is any representation of the performance we can expect, then kiss that sweet performance mode goodbye on consoles. 

As for the game itself, it's great to have the first one retold. I enjoyed my playthrough back in the day. It's probably one of the last games I managed to force myself to play with mouse + keyboard as it didn't have any controller support. People who haven't played it will have a really good backstory for Geralt, Triss, Shani etc. :D 

38 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

What I don't understand is why on earth does everyone want to move to Unreal engine even when they have their own in-house engine?

Yakuza Ishin is doing the same, when their Dragon Engine delivers spectacular visuals with really good frame rates. Now CDPR wants to make the leap and that too on Unreal Engine 5? If that Matrix Demo is any representation of the performance we can expect, then kiss that sweet performance mode goodbye on consoles. 

As for the game itself, it's great to have the first one retold. I enjoyed my playthrough back in the day. It's probably one of the last games I managed to force myself to play with mouse + keyboard as it didn't have any controller support. People who haven't played it will have a really good backstory for Geralt, Triss, Shani etc. :D 

Maybe because cd project red isn't making this. Some studio called Fools Theory is making it

4 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Maybe because cd project red isn't making this. Some studio called Fools Theory is making it

Dam, that's even more concerning now. Never heard of 'em before. 

30 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

it has ex CDPR devs

• 1 month later...

The Witcher Remake is Getting the Full Open-World Treatment Reveals CD Projekt Red

Last month we heard that CD Projekt Red and new Polish developer Fool’s Theory were working on a remake of the original The Witcher, which raised some questions. Thanks to The Witcher 3, the franchise is now synonymous with open-world RPGs, but the first game in series was more of a traditional linear action-RPG, albeit one with some room for player choice. Would players be willing to return to less expansive take on the Witcher franchise?

Well, it turns out they won’t have to. CD Projekt Red’s Q3 2022 earnings report is out, and in it they let slip that The Witcher remake will be a “story-driven, single player, open-world RPG.” So, it seems like the folks at Fool’s Theory are going to be revamping the game in a pretty major way. Here’s what CDPR studio head Adam Badowski had to say about the remake project back in October…

https://wccftech.com/the-witcher-remake-full-open-world/

On 10/27/2022 at 1:11 AM, Snake said:

yup, it’ll be removed in the remake tho

:thumbdown:

2 hours ago, SRINI87 said:

The Witcher Remake is Getting the Full Open-World Treatment Reveals CD Projekt Red

Last month we heard that CD Projekt Red and new Polish developer Fool’s Theory were working on a remake of the original The Witcher, which raised some questions. Thanks to The Witcher 3, the franchise is now synonymous with open-world RPGs, but the first game in series was more of a traditional linear action-RPG, albeit one with some room for player choice. Would players be willing to return to less expansive take on the Witcher franchise?

Well, it turns out they won’t have to. CD Projekt Red’s Q3 2022 earnings report is out, and in it they let slip that The Witcher remake will be a “story-driven, single player, open-world RPG.” So, it seems like the folks at Fool’s Theory are going to be revamping the game in a pretty major way. Here’s what CDPR studio head Adam Badowski had to say about the remake project back in October…

https://wccftech.com/the-witcher-remake-full-open-world/

Looks like the remake is an excuse for making another Witcher game with Geralt as the protagonist.

Edited by Kumar123

• 1 year later...

The Witcher Remake Will Do Away With Parts of the Original That Are “Outdated” And “Bad”

The remake of the first entry in The Witcher series, currently in development by Fool's Theory, will do away with parts of the original that are now outdated or outright bad, suggesting one of the most controversial aspects of the original will not appear in the remake.

Speaking with Edge, as reported by GamesRadar, Fool's Theory CEO Jakub Rokosz, who worked on the second and third entry in the series, commented on how the development studio is approaching the remake, saying that they will be making a "down-to-earth" analysis of the original to find parts of the game that are outdated or simply bad and remake them. At the same time, the studio will highlight the best parts of the original that should be retained or are a key part of the experience that cannot be discarded.

https://wccftech.com/the-witcher-remake-bad-parts/