Fifa World Cup 2022 Qatar

hazard12345

4 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Great performance by the goalkeeper of Argentina.  The last minute save and then penalty save was so crucial .

Happy for Messi though.

This. 

Martinez is the real MVP. 

He made three saves in the Copa sf last year and two saves against Netherlands in the qf. 
And now the save again in the final. ?

• Like 1

IMO, Mbappe is the best player after Ronaldo and Messi. Since these two will probably never play international match again. Mbappe is the best international player now. 

I am still sad for France but happy that Mbappe performed great! He didn't give up till the end. Sadly got no support from others! 

WHAT A FREAKING WORLD CUP.  So many memories that will remain with us forever and will remember when we grow older. Massive Regret not watching a single live in Qatar mainly due to lack of affordable accommodation.

Will be trying to watch quite a few matches of Euro 2024.

Thank you all for taking part in the thread.

7 hours ago, dante77 said:

IMO, Mbappe is the best player after Ronaldo and Messi. Since these two will probably never play international match again. Mbappe is the best international player now. 

I am still sad for France but happy that Mbappe performed great! He didn't give up till the end. Sadly got no support from others! 

One of the two , definitely will

https://www.goal.com/en-in/news/argentina-hero-messi-reacts-world-cup-final-victory/bltff10840d8ba0f622

This final should’ve ended 2-0 in normal time. 
France were completely outplayed and embarrassed in first half and 2nd half, up until the 80th min. 

One small defensive f**k up by Otamendi and it derailed the entire Arg team and allowed France to get back into it, within 3 mins. 

I haven't even seen Mbappé in the first 80mins of the match.  :lol:
Argentina pocketed him and didn’t allow him to make a run. 

2 minutes ago, Vamos said:

This final should’ve ended 2-0 in normal time. 
France were completely outplayed and embarrassed in first half and 2nd half, up until the 80th min. 

One small defensive f**k up by Otamendi and it derailed the entire Arg team and allowed France to get back into it, within 3 mins. 

I haven't even seen Mbappé in the first 80mins of the match.  :lol:
Argentina pocketed him and didn’t allow him to make a run. 

True. I think there were 0 attempts on goal from France up till that point.

But that is the beauty of the game and what a game it was, edge of the seat stuff. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dante77 said:

Hoping Mbappe goes to final for the third consecutive time

The age of Mbappe has truly dawned on us.  He literally carried the entire team yesterday. 4 goals in a WC final. Wow!

Also, I wonder why Griezmann was substituted. He would have scored one penalty for sure.

France managed to reach finals without Pogba, Benzema, Kante etc speaks volumes about their bench strength.

PS:- People talk about Ronaldo vs Messi but I feel Mbappe is the real GoAT (or hell be in few years), for sure!