Fifa World Cup 2022 Qatar

hazard12345

44 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

The age of Mbappe has truly dawned on us.  He literally carried the entire team yesterday. 4 goals in a WC final. Wow!

Also, I wonder why Griezmann was substituted. He would have scored one penalty for sure.

France managed to reach finals without Pogba, Benzema, Kante etc speaks volumes about their bench strength.

PS:- People talk about Ronaldo vs Messi but I feel Mbappe is the real GoAT (or hell be in few years), for sure!

True.. missed iconic last world cup squad.. Kante, Pogba, matuidi , umtiti

47 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

The age of Mbappe has truly dawned on us.  He literally carried the entire team yesterday. 4 goals in a WC final. Wow!

Also, I wonder why Griezmann was substituted. He would have scored one penalty for sure.

France managed to reach finals without Pogba, Benzema, Kante etc speaks volumes about their bench strength.

PS:- People talk about Ronaldo vs Messi but I feel Mbappe is the real GoAT (or hell be in few years), for sure!

Mbappe is not even in the top 10 best players of all time at the moment, forget being the GOAT. There is a long way to go for him to get anywhere near that conversation

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

Mbappe is not even in the top 10 best players of all time at the moment, forget being the GOAT. There is a long way to go for him to get anywhere near that conversation

Well, if you look just at world cups, Mbappe has already scored 12 goals in 2 WCs (Messi has 13 in 5) with goals per match of 0.86 ( Messi has 0.50) so he is definitely in the top league for sure.  And he has atleast a decade of international football left in him. So he will reach there in few years, if not a couple of years.

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

No, not yet anyway. The guy has to climb a lot more to be considered in the same league as Ronaldo and Messi.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Well, if you look just at world cups, Mbappe has already scored 12 goals in 2 WCs (Messi has 13 in 5) with goals per match of 0.86 ( Messi has 0.50) so he is definitely in the top league for sure.  And he has atleast a decade of international football left in him. So he will reach there in few years, if not a couple of years.

That is not how you become the greatest player. World Cup is extremely important, but in conjunction with other things. You need to score and be the best at the highest level for at least a decade, to reach anywhere close to where Messi and Ronaldo are. It is hilarious to think Mbappe will score anywhere close to as many goals as both of them have in next 5-6 years, forget couple of years. Lol.

Edited by Sach4life
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

That is not how you become the greatest player. World Cup is extremely important, but in conjunction with other things. You need to score and be the best at the highest level for at least a decade, to reach anywhere close to where Messi and Ronaldo are. It is hilarious to think Mbappe will score anywhere close to as many goals as both of them have in next 5-6 years, forget couple of years. Lol.

Well, he already has more goals than Ronaldo in world cups, and also has something that ronaldo can only dream of now, the world cup itself. 

Regarding club performances, he's around 23/24. So not at the peak of his game. 

And he can score 4 goals in the world cup final in this state, i shudder to think what he can do at his peak which will start in about 2 years time I'm guessing. 

7 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

Have some faith. He will reach there. Mbappe himself is a big fan of Ronaldo, so it's not a competition, just that we hope he will be a new age Ronaldo in coming years :)

Edited by dante77

7 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Have some faith. He will reach there. Mbappe himself is a big fan of Ronaldo, so it's not a competition, just that we hope he will be a new age Ronaldo in coming years :)

I am not saying he can't reach the top. But all of that is in the future. Right now, he doesn't belong in any greatest discussion.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Well, he already has more goals than Ronaldo in world cups, and also has something that ronaldo can only dream of now, the world cup itself. 

Regarding club performances, he's around 23/24. So not at the peak of his game. 

And he can score 4 goals in the world cup final in this state, i shudder to think what he can do at his peak which will start in about 2 years time I'm guessing. 

Yeah, let him reach his peak then and let him stay there for long. Too early to call him greatest or anything close to that. 

Edited by Sach4life

9 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

Bro i can understand your love towards Messi-Ronaldo, they were as important to us as Zidanne-OG Ronaldo & Maradona- Pele

But now lets move on to present time? Everyone believes Mbappe is the next big thing. he even is proving critics right.

At 23 he is the only player to play in 2 WC finals, not just playing he almost made Arg fans cry, did u even expected match will have so much twist.

I personally felt broken heart when Mbappe walked past world cup holding his golden boot

11 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

Also he needs to go to an actual competitive league and score 40/50 plus goals there for a decade to be considered in the same league as Ronaldo & Messi .

At 23 yes his stats ( Goal scoring & assists )are better than Messi but Messi notched up those numbers while playing in La liga against competitive Real Madrid ( Atletico Madrid as well for few years) . While Mbappe has notched up those numbers playing in farmer's league . 

His international record though is no doubt amazing . 36 goals already. He will definitely end up being France's record goal scorer (& by some margin current record is only 53/54) when he hangs up his boot .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, broksindri said:

Bro i can understand your love towards Messi-Ronaldo, they were as important to us as Zidanne-OG Ronaldo & Maradona- Pele

But now lets move on to present time? Everyone believes Mbappe is the next big thing. he even is proving critics right.

At 23 he is the only player to play in 2 WC finals, not just playing he almost made Arg fans cry, did u even expected match will have so much twist.

I personally felt broken heart when Mbappe walked past world cup holding his golden boot

What has all that got to do with the greatest discussion?

3 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Also he needs to go to an actual competitive league and score 40/50 plus goals there for a decade to be considered in the same league as Ronaldo & Messi .

At 23 yes his stats ( Goal scoring & assists )are better than Messi but Messi notched up those numbers while playing in La liga against competitive Real Madrid ( Atletico Madrid as well for few years) . While Mbappe has notched up those numbers playing in farmer's league . 

His international record though is no doubt amazing . 36 goals already. He will definitely end up being France's record goal scorer (& by some margin current record is only 53/54) when he hangs up his boot .

Don't forget, he is yet to win any champion's league. 

11 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

you will be really disappointed to know.. how many so called ELITE LA LIGA players performed well this WC compared to FARMERS LEAGUE 1