Fifa World Cup 2022 Qatar

hazard12345

2 minutes ago, Vamos said:

Mbappe has been scoring all those goals in the farmers league in France, whereas Messi at that age scored them in La liga and against top teams in UCL :lol:

And Ronaldo notched up those numbers while playing in EPL ( most competitive league ) , then La liga & of course in UCL . 

So yeah Mbappe has a long way to go specifically-  at least 5/6 Ballan d'or , 4/5 UCL titles , 5/6 league titles in actual competitive league's and then he can be considered GOAT .

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, broksindri said:

you will be really disappointed to know.. how many so called ELITE LA LIGA players performed well this WC compared to FARMERS LEAGUE 1

That has nothing to do with being the greatest .

Mbappe is being compared to Ronaldo & Messi . If he goes to La liga / EPL / Serie A and then notches these numbers then yeah he can be considered amongst the greatest.

Does PSG even have any competition in French league ? Or the quality of opposition there is comparable to that in above league's?

Edited by Krazyniks

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

Funny how people are comparing club football (where you can get the best team mates money can buy) with thegreatest show of football on the planet (the world cup).

That’s literally the most inaccurate statement you can make about football in general. 

Club football makes for 80-85% of any player’s career. 
That’s how football works, even though world cups are very special. 

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

How many world cups Messi had when he was 23, I wonder.

Mbappe has 2 more chances before he turns 35, to go +1 on Messi in World Cup titles won. 

It’s literally impossible to guarantee that he will win another World Cup. 

The only difference is, Mbappe won it early and Messi towards the end of his career. 

And moreover, Messi has a Copa America (corrected - typo), while Mbappe has no Euro title 

Edited by Vamos
correction
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Vamos said:

That’s literally the most inaccurate statement you can make about football in general. 

Club football makes for 80-85% of any player’s career. 
That’s how football works, even though world cups are very special. 

Mbappe has 2 more chances before he turns 35, to go +1 on Messi in World Cup titles won. 

It’s literally impossible to guarantee that he will win another World Cup. 

The only difference is, Mbappe won it early and Messi towards the end of his career. 

And moreover, Messi has a Copa Del Rey title, while Mbappe has no Euro title 

Its funny when people take the champions league/ other european leagues to judge a caliber of a player. Pele, Maradona et al never won any UCL title(s). Would they not get featured in any GoAT list(s)? And Im sure even in club football Mbappe will score a lot of goals as he has not even hit his prime yet.

When he plays for his country (France), he scores goals, and a lot of those. He has already scored 36 goals. and features on the 6th spot of the list of all time goal scorers for France. Above him are legends like Giroud, Henry, Griezmann, Platini and Benzema. Thus, he is already getting featured in many of the Greatest of all times lists and hes not even 25.

Regarding Euro, in 2024, France has a very good chance of winning the title. Even messi won the Copa america in 2021 (2020).

Also, I feel WC > any continental title.

21 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Its funny when people take the champions league/ other european leagues to judge a caliber of a player. Pele, Maradona et al never won any UCL title(s). Would they not get featured in any GoAT list(s)? And Im sure even in club football Mbappe will score a lot of goals as he has not even hit his prime yet.

When he plays for his country (France), he scores goals, and a lot of those. He has already scored 36 goals. and features on the 6th spot of the list of all time goal scorers for France. Above him are legends like Giroud, Henry, Griezmann, Platini and Benzema. Thus, he is already getting featured in many of the Greatest of all times lists and hes not even 25.

Regarding Euro, in 2024, France has a very good chance of winning the title. Even messi won the Copa america in 2021 (2020).

Also, I feel WC > any continental title.

I never said UCL is required for being the goat.
You can ask any fan/player what’s the most difficult trophy in domestic football is for them, and they’d say it’s the league title and not UCL. 

I consider Modric to be one of the all time greats, sometimes even better than Messi in terms of the impact he has on games. 

Just because he hasn’t won the World Cup, doesn’t take anything away from his Goat status, just like how Messi would still have been considered the GOAT irrespective of yesterday’s result. 

3 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

This world cup, E Martinez had as much as impact as Messi. 

He literally saved them several times in some games. Argentina did not win any game with big margins. They just got over the line in few games, thanks to Martinezs goalkeeping. But people aren't talking much about him (compared to Messi ofcourse). 

People are talking about him and also about Di Maria (who was my MOTM from yesterday’s match). 

It’s just that you are following mainstream media, who tend to cover headlines and not the fine print. 

6 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

People are talking about him for ?

Not just this. 

He did make an insane save in Extra time in the closing minutes of the match that literally kept the score @ 3-3 

He also got into Tchouameni’s head before his penalty kick by throwing away the ball instead of handing it to him. 
He missed the penalty later. 

Martinez is nothing short of a genius GK. He had been instrumental in 2021 Copa title as well. 

39 minutes ago, Vamos said:

Not just this. 

He did make an insane save in Extra time in the closing minutes of the match that literally kept the score @ 3-3 

He also got into Tchouameni’s head before his penalty kick by throwing away the ball instead of handing it to him. 
He missed the penalty later. 

Martinez is nothing short of a genius GK. He had been instrumental in 2021 Copa title as well. 

IMO Lloris was great too, his Messi's save at final few moments before Extra time was superb. it was game over right there if he could have failed to stop. Even though he failed to stop single penalty he played equally great . i believe penalty require luck more than skills. Both team were exceptional and i do not think Argentina was better than france

1 hour ago, Vamos said:

People are talking about him and also about Di Maria (who was my MOTM from yesterday’s match). 

It’s just that you are following mainstream media, who tend to cover headlines and not the fine print. 

Di Maria is a very dangerous player. People tend to overlook him or label him as old but the guy's a genuine winger. I loved his goal yesterday which is a perfect team attack.

• Like 1

Well there have been other players in this era who have been world class in patches but could never achieve the longevity or consistency of Messi and Ronaldo. That’s what made them great if Mbappe can keep the same consistency for the next 8 to 10 years then yes he can be in the same bracket as those two guys but right now it’s too early to predict. Remember Neymar and Bale were suppose to takeover from Messi and Ronaldo at Barca and Madrid and look how that turned out.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, broksindri said:

IMO Lloris was great too, his Messi's save at final few moments before Extra time was superb. it was game over right there if he could have failed to stop. Even though he failed to stop single penalty he played equally great . i believe penalty require luck more than skills.

France's team lacks experienced players, it's mostly all kids. They were always going to lose in penalties. 

Also, respectfully disagree about the luck part. Taking penalties is a skill. 

It is more psychological imo. Like yesterday, the goalkeeper's attitude made all the difference. Martinez started with his mind games and also showed great character on the field, while Lloris was on the backfoot. 

59 minutes ago, broksindri said:

and i do not think Argentina was better than france

Did you miss the entire first 75 mins of the match? :P

22 minutes ago, b!T said:

Di Maria is a very dangerous player. People tend to overlook him or label him as old but the guy's a genuine winger. I loved his goal yesterday which is a perfect team attack.

Ture. 

Di Maria always turns up in big games. :wub:

He toyed with Dembele and Kounde.. it was embarrassing to watch.

After his substitution, they lost all tooth in attack. He should've stayed on a bit more. 

Edited by Vamos
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vamos said:

Did you miss the entire first 75 mins of the match? :P

Its not cricket man. Whatever happened in the first "n" minutes dont matter. The score sheet reads 3-3 after full time and only that matters. And France created 3/4 genuine chances in the extra time. Martinez helped Messi get that cup.

13 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Its not cricket man. Whatever happened in the first "n" minutes dont matter. The score sheet reads 3-3 after full time and only that matters. And France created 3/4 genuine chances in the extra time. Martinez helped Messi get that cup.

It’s true that it has nothing to do with the result and if France won yesterday, no one would talk about how well Argentina played in the first “n” minutes. 

We’re only talking about it because it deserves to be mentioned. 
I have never seen France so lost for 70+ mins. Barely had any attempts on goal. 

Like @SuperT said, that's the beauty of this game. All it takes is a slight push to shift the momentum. 

Edited by Vamos
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Krazyniks said:

And Ronaldo notched up those numbers while playing in EPL ( most competitive league ) , then La liga & of course in UCL . 

So yeah Mbappe has a long way to go specifically-  at least 5/6 Ballan d'or , 4/5 UCL titles , 5/6 league titles in actual competitive league's and then he can be considered GOAT .

I don't think anyone is calling him GOAT. He has a long way to go for sure but my point is that he certainly has the potential to be one. Definitely the one who deserves discussion like these.