Which Internet Connection is everyone using ?

Xeno

Most Indian ISPs don't give a f**k about improving latency and routing. All they care about is download speeds!

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

+1, i had better gaming experience with airtel 4g then a 50gig connection from excitel

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

Same here. Zero lag on 4g.

I don't understand though. Cuz speed test shows like 4 ms ping on wifi.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Yes it does and arnd 30 tp 40 pings on 4g, still no lag on 4g.

Sala speed test phi sahi result nhi deta

• 2 weeks later...

Excitel has upgraded their plans in Delhi NCR and I just got it like 30 minutes ago.

Paid 1150 for 100 MBPS plan up down and unlimited FUP. Unlimited streaming here I come.

Will compare this to ACT Fibernet that I used all of last month.

Airtel has upgraded my internet from 260 gb/month to 450 gb/month by itself....Is this to thwart off upcoming Jio services? Anyone else experienced plan upgrades?

I'm paying 2.5k/month before taxes....Including taxes it comes to around 2873. Damn expensive, but the local internet guys don't even show up for installation after repeated calls...I'm wondering what level of service they'll provide once i actually have a problem.

That being said can anyone suggest me a good local internet provider in Vasant Kunj (south-west Delhi) region.

Happened to me a couple of times early on. The problem is because some IPs have been banned by Sony (confirmed this with Sony). Anyway here's the fix

Login to router and write down the IP (So in case you see this IP again you'll know what to do). Change MAC in router to default(this will force a new IP). This should fix the problem. If not change MAC back to Clone PC MAC (again should force a new IP).

You may have to do this a couple of times because there may be a range of IPs that have been auto banned by Sony, but this should work.

This IP ban happened to me few times, it gets corrected on it's own and sometimes it took too long, recently I requested an IP change which my ISP kindly did sometime in February. I got my IP banned again in March for about week and then seems fine now. Like I said this is an on and off thing and it is annoying. I haven't been playing any Multiplayer games, so isn't much of an issue for me, but if that happens when I'm gaming often, would really piss me off. I tried all sorts of stuff, could never get a workaround. This never happened with my Xbox One, just the PS.

My ISP is Excel Broadband. I do have a static IP. I will have to see if there is something that I could do to correct this issue, I'm sure I'll get it again some time soon.

Excitel is ok. Also there is nextra available in Dwarka. I get quite a lag with excitel 30mbps plan just in case you are looking for online gaming. Apart from that quite happy with excitel

Thanks for the info mate

Doc

• Like 1

So Verizon is starting 1 Gbps in my area. I was pretty excited but then I realized my hard-disk won't be fast enough to support download speed lol. The download speed will be around 110-120 mBps but my HDD speed will be around 40-50 mBps. It will be much faster than my 100 mbps connection though.

So Verizon is starting 1 Gbps in my area. I was pretty excited but then I realized my hard-disk won't be fast enough to support download speed lol. The download speed will be around 110-120 mBps but my HDD speed will be around 40-50 mBps. It will be much faster than my 100 mbps connection though.

Go RAID! :D

• 1 month later...
On 5/7/2017 at 8:14 PM, armaan said:

bandra we internet

That's some really good speed. According to their website, they're asking for annual payments (or a very hefty installation price). Did you pay that or did your building have their line already installed?

Also how is the reliability/downtim/speed consistency/latency?

---

I'm currently paying 1300/- for 16mbps unlimited to Digiwin/wincable, but the speeds aren't consistent and not very reliable (I don't get more than 1.2mBps to seedboxes). Joister is offering me 25mbps for 1300/-, but I don't know anyone using Joister.

20 hours ago, DinJo said:

Joister is good I had initially we net and it had some reliability issues 

Thanks! I guess I'll go with Joister then. :)

Edited by oxalorg