Which Internet Connection is everyone using ?

Xeno

That's actually pretty impressive if they are delivering the said speed.
Also which modem do you use then? Not exactly sure how ftth works. Thinking of shifting from cable to ftth.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I use a Netgear R7000 which is a considerable update over what they are providing.(D-Link DIR 825)
You can use your old router in FTTH also if it supports WAN but I think the modem purchase is compulsory part of installation from their end. They treat the Rs 2500 security deposit as upfront cost for the router which will be refunded after 12 or 24 months of use.
I would recommend you check someone in your locality’s connection to verify if they are providing the advertised speed. Also first month is free as per their brochure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In other news Jio is taking his own comforting times to start the connection. 

My current ISP local started fiber now offering 100Mbps @9600 annual cost with no FUP would activate from next mid month :D

In other news Jio is taking his own comforting times to start the connection. 
My current ISP local started fiber now offering 100Mbps @9600 annual cost with no FUP would activate from next mid month [emoji3]
Which isp is this? That's insanely cheap.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, Walker said:

Yup. 

Alright but where did you get the info that you'll get 8mbps unlimited with 599 plan? 

The link you posted only mentioned that "the plans priced below Rs. 675 will offer 8 Mbps download speed", nothing about "flat" or "unlimited"

http://www.keralatelecom.info/2017/10/bsnl-10mbps-8mbps-unlimited-broadband-plans-November2017.html

Please check the link, I'm on plan 675 BTW.

All plans above 675 will be 10 Mbps. The base speed will be 8 Mbps across all plans below 675.

I'm on 2mbps unlimited no fup @599 so that will automatically go to 8mbps instead of 2. They haven't mentioned they will be withdrawing this plan.

Edited by Walker

All plans above 675 will be 10 Mbps. The base speed will be 8 Mbps across all plans below 675.

I'm on 2mbps unlimited no fup @599 so that will automatically go to 8mbps instead of 2. They haven't mentioned they will be withdrawing this plan.
I am on the same 599 plan 2 mbps no fup. So, will it be 8Mbps no fup ?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

6711345781.png

Been using Spectra since I shifted to my new place. Was paying close to 1800+ tax, they recently dropped the tariff to 1300+tax for 100 Mbps, no FUP. 

Were you required to purchase a router from them for the upgrade?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk