Which Internet Connection is everyone using ?

Xeno

22 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Let me ask my local cable guy if he has any contact out there. 

Ok cool

I went to MTNL today, i wanted to get the 6Mb or 8Mb plans i mentioned earlier, they said if i live beyond 1Km range from the mtnl exchange [which i do] so i wont get full 6Mb speed they will try to give me 3-4Mb speed, i freaking pay Rs.1700/- for 2 Mbps and in this age they can't give me basic 6Mb speed. Are they telling me the truth or are they lying ? How sh!t is the infrastructure in this country, it's 2018 for crying out loud ;______;

5 minutes ago, HEMAN said:

Just get a connection from your lco if fiber is not available go for CPE based connection.

Hathway is our local cable operator, also if i go for it now and jio fiber launches in the next month, it will be tough to cancel hathway as i feel major sh!t will go down with these cable wars. It will be nasty compared to telecom wars.

Tikona people once told me hathway used to remove their wires when it was in our area so they left. This level of bullying is harmful for the benefit of us end users.

9 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Hathway is our local cable operator, also if i go for it now and jio fiber launches in the next month, it will be tough to cancel hathway as i feel major sh!t will go down with these cable wars. It will be nasty compared to telecom wars.

Tikona people once told me hathway used to remove their wires when it was in our area so they left. This level of bullying is harmful for the benefit of us end users.

Hathway is not your Local cable operator. Hathway a service provider. Go to just dial and search for internet providers in your area and get a CPE based connection no wire is required hence nobody can cut it. Forget about Jio Fiber.

Edited by HEMAN

10 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

Hmm my local ISP tells me they can now do Fiber. I am already pretty happy with my 50MB Up/Down connection though. 

Thinking if Fibre is worth it? 

I think you should go for it if you play multiplayer games. Otherwise, its upto you.

I had excitel broadband. My plan was 1000Rs 100MBps and I used to get ping around

~60-90 (Indian Servers).
~150-225(European Servers)
~200-300(NA Servers)

But then I changed to ACT Fiber net. Same connection speed.

I get 20-30 ping in (Indian Servers).
~100-200 (European Servers)
~200-300 (NA Servers)

43 minutes ago, Aftrunner said:

Oh wow. Thats a pretty decent upgrade.

I called him today, its pretty cheap as well. Just 200 over my regular plan with a refundable deposit for the Fibre equipment. 

Yeah, its a decent upgrade.

This is my office Internet. Same ISP. But plan is ACT GIGA. 1000MBps. ACT is best for HYD. Very less downtime also. Like once in a month but that too get sorted within 1hr if the problem is from their side.

7182085592.png

Edited by GameAnalyzer

• 1 month later...

Hello guys in Gurgaon /NCR...

What's the verdict on spectra internet? 

Yesterday i saw a guy from spectra fixing a broken cable in the neighborhood. I never knew that it is available here, as their website does not list my place in their list. 

Currently i am using airtel on 16mbps as that is the max they are offering here and there was no other option till yesterday. :P 

If spectra is good, i think i might want to go onto that as the plans are way cheaper and speed is also said to be upto 1gbps.

Pros for Airtel: 

1. almost 0 downtime. 

2. quick service if required. 

Cons:

1. Speed locked in at 16mbps (area limitation)

2. Expensive compared to Spectra.

3. Damn FUP. 

Edited by ayush12ice

12 minutes ago, ayush12ice said:

Hello guys in Gurgaon /NCR...

What's the verdict on spectra internet? 

Yesterday i saw a guy from spectra fixing a broken cable in the neighborhood. I never knew that it is available here, as their website does not list my place in their list. 

Currently i am using airtel on 16mbps as that is the max they are offering here and there was no other option till yesterday. :P 

If spectra is good, i think i might want to go onto that as the plans are way cheaper and speed is also said to be upto 1gbps.

Pros for Airtel: 

1. almost 0 downtime. 

2. quick service if required. 

Cons:

1. Speed locked in at 16mbps (area limitation)

2. Expensive compared to Spectra.

3. Damn FUP. 

Spectra's reliability varies a lot by region.

Although it's not available in my area, a friend of mine has it. His main problem is downtime, every other day either something is wrong with the backend or fiber and he is left with hours without the service, but another friend of mine who lives about 6kms further than the first, has had no problems whatsoever with it, only rare speed droppages. This is in Delhi, not sure about about your area.

To be honest, I am fed up with max 5mbps upload speed Airtel provides because of using vectorization, also vectorization is not even fully supported by many devices because they haven't used the Google's authentication yet.  No matter if they are giving me 100 down, with roll over, my FUP is 1.5tb almost every month, but I want more upload speed.

But only thing which keeps me is their almost negligible downtime and response time. Maybe I will give a try to ACT in future.

Edited by kunjanp
  • Like 1