Which Internet Connection is everyone using ?

Xeno

18 hours ago, adity said:

Link. It's still showing fup on website.

Edit:- Mumbai always gets short end of the stick for some reason. 1/5th data of Delhi for about the same price.

While that may be true for metropolitans, it's stupid how shitt it is in 2nd and 3rd tier cities.

Where I am - unlimited plans

4mbps - 1650

8mbps - 2599

10mbps - 3599

Of course there are higher speed plans like 50-100 Mbps with shitty FUP like 80gb and 150gb ? 

Now ask how long it actually takes to download a 45 GB game and how frustrating it is whenever there's a 3-6gb update. Not to mention having to actually start the PS4 about 3-4 hours in advance just to ensure if there's an update it'll happen before I have to play. Of course not factoring power failures which just add to the frustration.

17 hours ago, AtheK said:

He he, time for them to update the same in bangalore. 1299 for 100 mbps unlimited is a sweet deal. 

Lol they'll never give it for 1299 in Bangalore ....It'll 2499 pm or something if it ever happens here

2 minutes ago, adity said:

Housing society as in? Building? Why is that? 

They have very clearly mentioned that 1st phase is all about housing societies that is apartments and row houses and small businesses. 15th August onwards its open for registration. The more registration from a single location the better the chance of getting a connection. Ambani himself said make shre you register and your neighbors too. 

Guys, I'm experiencing this strange behaviour on my internet connection.

I'm on the 150Mbps Act connection. And speedtests are all showing right numbers. But when I'm streaming netflix I rarely get 2160p (UHD) and this for streaming services in general, anything but Youtube.

I was reading that ISPs, cache Youtube so you don't see much drops there but other services are throttled ?

Anyone with similar experience ? Did you try to get a VPN and see if it fixes the throttling ?

They have very clearly mentioned that 1st phase is all about housing societies that is apartments and row houses and small businesses. 15th August onwards its open for registration. The more registration from a single location the better the chance of getting a connection. Ambani himself said make shre you register and your neighbors too. 
It should be intresting to see how they roll out the connection. A lot of places have nexus where you cannot take any other connection because the presence of a single player. Heck in Mumbai itself at my old place Joister guy did not provide me a connection because I was already using a local cable connection and he said it would make the local guy upset and he did not want that so he flatly refused to give connection to my house eventhough others in my building had it. This kind of stuff is prevelent with a lot of isp.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, adity said:

Check speed on fast.com. It runs speed test on netflix servers.

Also, go in netflix account settings and enable maximum quality.

Here's the result, how would you rate this considering my ISP is claiming 150mbps

Also enabled the max quality at account level, still starts with 480p and then gradually goes to 2160p. Other video streaming players are worse Openload for example.

eXucYVR.png

What exactly am I looking for here ? It timed out in the last few attempts 25-30 and pings were above 200ms, once my ISP crosses SG (Google dns)

20 hours ago, HEMAN said:

^tracert www.netflix.com and see hows the routing.