Which Internet Connection is everyone using ?

Xeno

23 minutes ago, kunallkw said:

Here's the result, how would you rate this considering my ISP is claiming 150mbps

Also enabled the max quality at account level, still starts with 480p and then gradually goes to 2160p. Other video streaming players are worse Openload for example.

eXucYVR.png

What exactly am I looking for here ? It timed out in the last few attempts 25-30 and pings were above 200ms, once my ISP crosses SG (Google dns)

25-30 attempts and timed out that's the problem. Call Cc and tell them your tracert problem. Openload has started giving shitty speeds for months now.

Edited by HEMAN

7 minutes ago, kunallkw said:

Guys I was reading getting a VPN can solve this, is this true ? Can anyone with a legit paid VPN confirm this ?

Nope. Vpn will further decrease speed. 

• 2 weeks later...

Upgraded from old 30 mbps for 1300 rs a month to 50 mbps for 943 rs a month.

Jaipur has internet cheaper than Mumbai. That's really impressive.
I think only Mumbai is the only major city still lacking with a city wide fast & cheap internet service. I see act and others totally changing the broadband definition in hyderabad, Banglore etc with 1gbps connections while we are still stuck with 2-30 mbps with 50-100 mbps plans being extremely expensive.

Really hoping for jio fiber to massively drop internet prices like it did with the phone bills.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

• 11 months later...

So I noticed something weird. 

I'm on a Jio Gigafiber connection for more than a year. Used to get 95-100 mbps across almost all sites, including the "debrid" group of sites (real debrid, premiumize, alldebrid, zigbz etc). 

For the past 2 weeks or so, speed to all those sites has dropped down to 20 mbps or less. When I do a speedtest, any server within India gives a speed of 100 mbps, but outside India falls to 10-20 mbps. I tried downloading through multiple sources, including legit torrents, and I am not getting anything over 20 mbps. 

Fast.com (Netflix) shows 95 mbps speeds, possibly due to their local CDNs. 

I also have an Airtel BB connection, limited to 40 mbps. All those sites easily hit the full speed on Airtel without breaking a sweat, so the problem seems to be Jio. 

I did a tracert via both Airtel and Jio to a couple of websites I download from. Airtel got their in 6 hops, and Jio took 12. 

Now looking for options as to how to get Jio to look into this. Their CC is useless, and as long as the speedtest shows 100 mbps on local servers, they will not do anything. I had a word with them and it was akin to hitting your head against the wall. 

3 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I'm on a Jio Gigafiber connection for more than a year. Used to get 95-100 mbps across almost all sites, including the "debrid" group of sites (real debrid, premiumize, alldebrid, zigbz etc). 

For the past 2 weeks or so, speed to all those sites has dropped down to 20 mbps or less. When I do a speedtest, any server within India gives a speed of 100 mbps, but outside India falls to 10-20 mbps. I tried downloading through multiple sources, including legit torrents, and I am not getting anything over 20 mbps. 

I also have an Airtel BB connection, limited to 40 mbps. All those sites easily hit the full speed on Airtel without breaking a sweat, so the problem seems to be Jio. 

I did a tracert via both Airtel and Jio to a couple of websites I download from. Airtel got their in 6 hops, and Jio took 12. 

Now looking for options as to how to get Jio to look into this. Their CC is useless, and as long as the speedtest shows 100 mbps on local servers, they will not do anything. I had a word with them and it was akin to hitting your head against the wall. 

That's exactly what happened when I did a trial run with them.

Everything was working smooth but suddenly the speeds dropped on selected websites.

They use deep packet inspection of some kind which makes it throttle sources or even delivery methods like P2P even if it's encrypted.

Hell, I showed them that Ubuntu torrent (legal) doesn't pick up speed and all they said was "Torrent illegal hai sir".

42 minutes ago, adity said:

Cable Internet is the best. Everything works full speed, very few blocked sites, torrents somehow work faster than full speed and basically zero downtime. 

Only 3 options in my area:

Airtel - 40 mbps

Hathway - 50 mbps (shittiest service; have used anf then got it DCed)

Jio - so called 100 mbps

3 hours ago, eddy4823 said:

ACT is in Jaipur now. Paying 884 rs including tax for this glory. 

oFksdHY.jpg

I have ACT in my area now but haven't been able to make the switch because Airtel has been so reliable.

How does it work out for you? Do you get advertised speeds on all websites? Pings for gaming? P2P speeds (don't use torrent much buy my college server is P2P based)?

Data cap and speed on fast.com?

I am from Delhi though.

Edited by kunjanp

19 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

I have ACT in my area now but haven't been able to make the switch because Airtel has been so reliable.

How does it work out for you? Do you get advertised speeds on all websites? Pings for gaming? P2P speeds (don't use torrent much buy my college server is P2P based)?

Data cap and speed on fast.com?

I am from Delhi though.

So far it's been good. Only been a month. Download speeds are 11-12 Mbps as expected. Ping is 35-40 in CSGO in Indian servers which is again, fine. Data cap is 500 GB per month. 

How do you check speed of individual website?

I think My ISP gives very good speed on youtube and other well known social media sites, but when I browser reddit or imgur speed is very bad.

Is there anyway to confirm this?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I'm using local cable broadband, I pay ₹3500/yr for 10mbps

Recently Jio Fibre was in my area introduced but won't switch cause of yearly plan I've already subscribed to and I'm genuinely concerned about net neutrality and privacy with Jio

1 hour ago, Root said:

How do you check speed of individual website?

I think My ISP gives very good speed on youtube and other well known social media sites, but when I browser reddit or imgur speed is very bad.

Is there anyway to confirm this?

I use premium downloaders i.e. websites which convert torrents or download links to links from their own servers. Had no issues before, and no issues now with Airtel. But Jio is not going beyond 3 MBps on those sites. 

You can also do a tracert to individual site and see how many hops are needed. I did the same for a few sites I frequent, and Airtel reaches the sites in 6 hops, Jio takes 12 hops. Thus, more time, and possible speed reduction. 

I use premium downloaders i.e. websites which convert torrents or download links to links from their own servers. Had no issues before, and no issues now with Airtel. But Jio is not going beyond 3 MBps on those sites. 

You can also do a tracert to individual site and see how many hops are needed. I did the same for a few sites I frequent, and Airtel reaches the sites in 6 hops, Jio takes 12 hops. Thus, more time, and possible speed reduction. 
I don't have much network knowledge but tracert just shows the path it takes to reach the server.

More hops =/= less speed

There will be negligible speed impact cause of hops, not like the impact we are facing from 50 to 20 mbps.

I'm more interested to find whether the ISP is intentionally trotelling some sites. For sure they boost speed testing sites

Sent using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Root said:

I don't have much network knowledge but tracert just shows the path it takes to reach the server.

More hops =/= less speed

There will be negligible speed impact cause of hops, not like the impact we are facing from 50 to 20 mbps.

I'm more interested to find whether the ISP is intentionally trotelling some sites. For sure they boost speed testing sites

Sent using Tapatalk

It measures latency, packet loss etc. And routing too. 

https://www.maxcdn.com/one/tutorial/how-to-read-a-traceroute/

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/8/2019 at 2:17 PM, Bird Bird Bird said:

Same issue happens in BSNL and Railwire slow download and upload to foreign servers