Which Internet Connection is everyone using ?

Xeno

I have recently moved to Bangalore for a new job, and I am renting a flat in Langford Town, Shanthi Nagar area. Can anyone help me in finding a good internet provider here. The landlady said go for 'Act Fibernet' but their reviews are bad and everyone is complaining about the service and downtime. Airtel V-Fiber is not providing the connection in that area yet. So, please suggest some other providers which are reliable.

20 hours ago, kunjanp said:

Anyone using Airtel V-fiber and using another router or router+modem combo than the one provided? Need to upgrade for better range, strength and overall features.

me too looking for a router + modem combo for airtel v-fiber . Any recommendations ?

9 hours ago, him2anshu said:

I have recently moved to Bangalore for a new job, and I am renting a flat in Langford Town, Shanthi Nagar area. Can anyone help me in finding a good internet provider here. The landlady said go for 'Act Fibernet' but their reviews are bad and everyone is complaining about the service and downtime. Airtel V-Fiber is not providing the connection in that area yet. So, please suggest some other providers which are reliable.

I've been using ACT Lightning (125 Mbps, 650GB, 1Mbps Post FUP, 1399INR + Tax) since last 2-3 years now. We had disconnects in the early days, but now its rare. Even if you do, raise a complaint through app and they usually resolve within hours. I'm in Munnekolala, Marathahalli.

I get about 45ms ping (Singapore Server) playing Apex Legends. BFV was about 23ms but I don't play that anymore.

1 hour ago, gecko89 said:

I've been using ACT Lightning (125 Mbps, 650GB, 1Mbps Post FUP, 1399INR + Tax) since last 2-3 years now. We had disconnects in the early days, but now its rare. Even if you do, raise a complaint through app and they usually resolve within hours. I'm in Munnekolala, Marathahalli.

I get about 45ms ping (Singapore Server) playing Apex Legends. BFV was about 23ms but I don't play that anymore.

Okay, Thanks for sharing the information. I have called them up and asked for a visit on Saturday. One thing, if you can tell, how much is the final bill every month comes for your plan. My flatmate's company is reimbursing the internet bill upto Rs 1000 per month, so I was planning to opt 1199 + Tax plan.

11 hours ago, him2anshu said:

I think Spectra is also present in Bangaluru

18 hours ago, him2anshu said:

Okay, Thanks for sharing the information. I have called them up and asked for a visit on Saturday. One thing, if you can tell, how much is the final bill every month comes for your plan. My flatmate's company is reimbursing the internet bill upto Rs 1000 per month, so I was planning to opt 1199 + Tax plan.

My Plan is Act Lightning, including Tax, final bill comes to 1650.82 INR.

8 hours ago, sid_008 said:

Planning on switching to Airtel Broadband. Will be taking the 300mbps plan. Can anyone tell me what's the post FUP speed ? 

Do call Airtel and ask them what the max feasible speed in your area. Many people, myself included, are on 300mbps plan but limited to 40mbps.

• Thanks 1

On 8/10/2019 at 8:49 PM, kunjanp said:

Do call Airtel and ask them what the max feasible speed in your area. Many people, myself included, are on 300mbps plan but limited to 40mbps.

Ah okay. Thanks for the heads up, will surely check on it before switching. 

1 hour ago, DinJo said:

Hold on Jio fiver launching on Sep 5 plans starting 700/- Led TV free with yearly plan

I did a trial run with them.

Everything was working smooth but suddenly the speeds dropped on selected websites.

They use deep packet inspection of some kind which makes it throttle particular sources or even delivery methods like P2P even if it's encrypted.

Hell, I showed them that Ubuntu torrent (legal) doesn't pick up speed and all they said was "Torrent illegal hai sir".

So in it's current state, Jio is only good enough for streaming.

1 hour ago, quixote_1989 said:

Satisfactory performance for all the streaming platforms? I mean, primarily, Netflix/Prime/Hotstar

Most of the times it worked great for the mentioned platforms. Was easily able to play two concurrent 4k HDR streams.

Although there were some slowdowns, took ages to auto switch quality on Prime and Netflix, not many though.

Given they are teaming up with Microsoft now, I am pretty sure that it would be better because of caching on cdns.

10 hours ago, kunjanp said:

I did a trial run with them.

Everything was working smooth but suddenly the speeds dropped on selected websites.

They use deep packet inspection of some kind which makes it throttle particular sources or even delivery methods like P2P even if it's encrypted.

Hell, I showed them that Ubuntu torrent (legal) doesn't pick up speed and all they said was "Torrent illegal hai sir".

So in it's current state, Jio is only good enough for streaming.

Hows it for gaming though?