Which Internet Connection is everyone using ?

Xeno

3 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Spectra net offering 1gb speed for 885Rs unlimited but not available in my area which is weird coz Airtel and Jio fibre are here 

Ya in bangalore also they are available in limited places, they have some good plans here too. 

Im on Airtel V fibre. My connection works fine for all things except multiplayer gaming. 

Recently, my pings have increased to Europe / Middle East servers for Division 2, Battlefield games. Almost impossible to play. 

I complained to Airtel, they checked the line, replaced my modem router but it didnt make any difference. Is changing ISP the only way out ?

30 minutes ago, puns said:

Im on Airtel V fibre. My connection works fine for all things except multiplayer gaming. 

Recently, my pings have increased to Europe / Middle East servers for Division 2, Battlefield games. Almost impossible to play. 

I complained to Airtel, they checked the line, replaced my modem router but it didnt make any difference. Is changing ISP the only way out ?

I am on V fibre too and have observed ping spikes have increased rather than consistent high pings. I don't play any of these games but if you know the server, I can ping and let you know the results.

In Airtel's case, it's never the modem/router for me, this comes down to how they have routed the request. In that case, you can't really do anything.

Edited by kunjanp

2 hours ago, puns said:

Airtel replacing the modem when the routing is faulty, shows their expertise.

2 hours ago, kunjanp said:

I am on V fibre too and have observed ping spikes have increased rather than consistent high pings. I don't play any of these games but if you know the server, I can ping and let you know the results.

In Airtel's case, it's never the modem/router for me, this comes down to how they have routed the request. In that case, you can't really do anything.

I am on PS4 so I have no idea of server details. Im using LAN and DMZ'd my PS4. The local servers and Singapore are fine. Its only recently that Europe / Japan servers have gone bad.

16 minutes ago, WhoCantBeNamed said:

Airtel replacing the modem when the routing is faulty, shows their expertise.

Ya they always do that. Might take this issue with Nodal officer if local is not able to solve this. Tired of registering complaints again and again.

Jio and Hathway both are offering in my area in Noida. Might switch if doesnt get sorted

55 minutes ago, puns said:

I am on PS4 so I have no idea of server details. Im using LAN and DMZ'd my PS4. The local servers and Singapore are fine. Its only recently that Europe / Japan servers have gone bad.

Ya they always do that. Might take this issue with Nodal officer if local is not able to solve this. Tired of registering complaints again and again.

Jio and Hathway both are offering in my area in Noida. Might switch if doesnt get sorted

Yes, same here. I primarily play on PS4 and no way of getting server details to check the routing.

Stuck with BSNL as no other ISP is available here.

This may not be the right thread maybe, but anyway Im in the market for a new router (I keep disconnecting every now and then while playing Apex Legends).  I also have trouble with the internet range from my balcony which is the opposite corner of the house. My current router is pretty old, and I connect my PS4 over WiFi. My internet guy (local internet provider) told me to get this one:

https://www.amazon.in/TP-Link-Archer-C60-AC1350-Wireless/dp/B01LX8Z8TP/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2AE8YQ4626VNF&keywords=tp-link+router&qid=1568439583&sprefix=tp-link%2Caps%2C383&sr=8-4

And says he'll set it up for me and that should solve the problem. 

Any recommendations, with regard to the router itself, or a good deal on this router or anything else would be appreciated. Is anybody else also using this router?

TP-Link Archer C60 AC1350

14 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

This may not be the right thread maybe, but anyway Im in the market for a new router (I keep disconnecting every now and then while playing Apex Legends).  I also have trouble with the internet range from my balcony which is the opposite corner of the house. My current router is pretty old, and I connect my PS4 over WiFi. My internet guy (local internet provider) told me to get this one:

https://www.amazon.in/TP-Link-Archer-C60-AC1350-Wireless/dp/B01LX8Z8TP/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2AE8YQ4626VNF&keywords=tp-link+router&qid=1568439583&sprefix=tp-link%2Caps%2C383&sr=8-4

And says he'll set it up for me and that should solve the problem. 

Any recommendations, with regard to the router itself, or a good deal on this router or anything else would be appreciated. Is anybody else also using this router?

TP-Link Archer C60 AC1350

Don't cheap out on a router. Netgear nighthawk series works very well. I'm using an R7800, great router, great range, excellent thoroughput. R7000 is also a good option. 

Wait for upcoming sales. R7000 went for 5k at Flipkart last time, which is crazy pricing. 

33 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Is it really low latency coz keep in mind I get around 80-100 ping playing with Asians. I need a plan which gives me smooth experience when playing against US and EU players 

It's not what you think, dude. Don't  give into Jio's BS Marketing.