Which Internet Connection is everyone using ?

Xeno

53 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Don't cheap out on a router. Netgear nighthawk series works very well. I'm using an R7800, great router, great range, excellent thoroughput. R7000 is also a good option. 

Wait for upcoming sales. R7000 went for 5k at Flipkart last time, which is crazy pricing. 

Well its just my internet guy told me to get this one. Its going for 2.2k right now, but I dont mind spending a little more cash for a better router, but do you think it worth putting in 5k? Even if its such a good price? Ill check out the your router for sure tho :)

57 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Don't cheap out on a router. Netgear nighthawk series works very well. I'm using an R7800, great router, great range, excellent thoroughput. R7000 is also a good option. 

Wait for upcoming sales. R7000 went for 5k at Flipkart last time, which is crazy pricing. 

Also I dont have any idea about compatibility here honestly speaking......

30 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Well its just my internet guy told me to get this one. Its going for 2.2k right now, but I dont mind spending a little more cash for a better router, but do you think it worth putting in 5k? Even if its such a good price? Ill check out the your router for sure tho :)

As I said before, don't cheap out on routers man. They are your gateway to the internet, and you want it to be as smooth as possible. 

Ideally AC1900 and above is what you should look at. Most modern devices support MIMO, so if the router has it, you will get better thoroughput. Finally it should be able to connect to a fair number of devices considering almost every home as multiple phones, tablets, TVs etc simultaneously accessing the net. 

If you get r7000 for 5k, just get it. It's a very good router. 

Not sure if I understand the point about compatibility. For most ISPs (except Jio), you can either connect them in bridge mode, or simply connect the new router to old routers LAN port. 

Okay yes the R7000 is AC1900 so that's sorted. I don't use Jio, so shouldn't be a problem. Thanks a lot for the help, I'll wait for the sales like you said and hopefully I can bag it for 5k. Its going for almost 10k right now on Amazon.

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

As I said before, don't cheap out on routers man. They are your gateway to the internet, and you want it to be as smooth as possible. 

Ideally AC1900 and above is what you should look at. Most modern devices support MIMO, so if the router has it, you will get better thoroughput. Finally it should be able to connect to a fair number of devices considering almost every home as multiple phones, tablets, TVs etc simultaneously accessing the net. 

If you get r7000 for 5k, just get it. It's a very good router. 

Not sure if I understand the point about compatibility. For most ISPs (except Jio), you can either connect them in bridge mode, or simply connect the new router to old routers LAN port. 

Also my old router is absolute crap, Id rather just use the new one directly, and chuck the old one out. 

1 hour ago, kunjanp said:

I have been thinking about getting a new router too but Airtel needs a modem and the one they provide isn't that good. So anyone on Airtel, using some other router or modem? 

VDSL routers aren't that abundant.

Just use the Airtel one as modem, and connect a new router either in bridge mode or using a LAN port. 

2 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

Okay yes the R7000 is AC1900 so that's sorted. I don't use Jio, so shouldn't be a problem. Thanks a lot for the help, I'll wait for the sales like you said and hopefully I can bag it for 5k. Its going for almost 10k right now on Amazon.

Keep an eye on FK too. They had very limited time deals some weeks back on routers. 

• Like 1

On 9/10/2019 at 11:53 PM, AtheK said:

This is after email, don't think this plan is available. If I run out of data I mail them and they just add 1Tb to my account.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I hv airtel with foll plan- 100mbps, 280 gb data per month + 1000 gb add on for -  411/- including GST.

1000gb add on can be renewed as and when required.

Edited by speedy

I hv airtel with foll plan- 100mbps, 280 gb data per month + 1000 gb add on for -  411/- including GST.
That is brilliant, In bangalore?

Mumbai. retention plan
Very nice,i am anyway planning to shift to Act, had frequent downtime with Airtel in last few weeks, service seems to be dipping

19 hours ago, speedy said:

Wow that's crazy . I know Airtel does offer good retention plans but this plan is unbelievable.  

• Thanks 1

On 9/14/2019 at 5:24 PM, Bird Bird Bird said:

Keep an eye on FK too. They had very limited time deals some weeks back on routers. 

Just waiting for the amazon and flipkart sales like a madman at this point. Ive decided to go for that Nighthawk R7000 router if I can get it in the 5k-6k price as you mentioned.

FYI- Apex lags so bad right now that Ive stopped playing with my friends as Ill be dragging down the whole squad,and I frequently hear my team-mates say f*ck you when I play with randoms online. I dont blame them either. My game freezes for over 30-40 secs sometimes and FPS games dont work that way. Lag is real.

Edited by Chirag2001

Just waiting for the amazon and flipkart sales like a madman at this point. Ive decided to go for that Nighthawk R7000 router if I can get it in the 5k-6k price as you mentioned.

FYI- Apex lags so bad right now that Ive stopped playing with my friends as Ill be dragging down the whole squad,and I frequently hear my team-mates say f*ck you when I play with randoms online. I dont blame them either. My game freezes for over 30-40 secs sometimes and FPS games dont work that way. Lag is real.
Hey bro, I am looking for that router as well to upgrade, if you find a good deal on it during the sale please let me know as well.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Hey bro, I am looking for that router as well to upgrade, if you find a good deal on it during the sale please let me know as well.

Yes will do! Please do let me know if you see it too :)

It went for 5k during the last flipkart sale, so Im hoping for a similar price tag this time around too 

Yes will do! Please do let me know if you see it too [emoji4]
It went for 5k during the last flipkart sale, so Im hoping for a similar price tag this time around too 
Yup i had seen it when it was for 5k in the Flipkart sale, but before I could make up my mind to get it it was gone. Will dm you if I find a deal, request you to do the same.

It's quite well rated. Though even the 6800 is quite decent if the 7000 does not end up on sale. Though it has an inferior processor compared to the 7000

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Yup i had seen it when it was for 5k in the Flipkart sale, but before I could make up my mind to get it it was gone. Will dm you if I find a deal, request you to do the same.

It's quite well rated. Though even the 6800 is quite decent if the 7000 does not end up on sale. Though it has an inferior processor compared to the 7000

Yes will do.

Well I can see the 6800 on amazon for 8k, but assuming theyre both on sale I might as well pick the 7000.

Im looking at 10k for the R7000 on amazon right now, getting it for 5k would be a steal

Edited by Chirag2001

• 2 weeks later...