Which Internet Connection is everyone using ?

Xeno

I used Hathway in the past and when it works it works but god help you if it doesn't. Getting those wankers to fix anything is a trip up mount everest. Was staying with a friend in Charkop sometime in April this year (about 20 days) and he was on Hathway. Good lord the connection was unstable AF. And since I work from home it was doubly frustrating because work that normally took me about 6hrs at home stretched a good 9 hrs on Hathway simply because i had to keep reloading stuff because the connection kept cutting out every few minutes. Finally i called their number and it took them 6 days to send a tech. And he came and just reset the router. I could have done that myself. Of course the problem never went away.
Damn that sucks, i am currently using MTnl 6Mbps plan that only gives me 2-3 Mbps DL and 0.6 Mbps UL.

MTNL and Hathway are the only monopolized net players in my area. So should i go for it, the guy said I'll get 2 choices of cable 1 that fat cable or another RJ something cable, which cable should i get for lag free gaming.

Also which router should i get are the ones they give good I'll need a 4 LAN Port model.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

Damn that sucks, i am currently using MTnl 6Mbps plan that only gives me 2-3 Mbps DL and 0.6 Mbps UL.

MTNL and Hathway are the only monopolized net players in my area. So should i go for it, the guy said I'll get 2 choices of cable 1 that fat cable or another RJ something cable, which cable should i get for lag free gaming.

Also which router should i get are the ones they give good I'll need a 4 LAN Port model.

2 hours ago, adity said:

Hathway is pretty decent now. My uncle has been using it for quite some time. 

I meant when it works its great. The problem like 99% of all players is when it doesn't. I'm speaking from my own experience as a Hathway subscriber in the past, and my recent experience when I was staying on holiday with a friend. I'm guessing its more to do with where the connection is and how inclined the local support staff is to resolve issues. 

It's surprised to hear a lack of options in a place like Mumbai. No local suppliers anymore? I recall there used to be 2-3 local options around the IC area when I lived there.

I meant when it works its great. The problem like 99% of all players is when it doesn't. I'm speaking from my own experience as a Hathway subscriber in the past, and my recent experience when I was staying on holiday with a friend. I'm guessing its more to do with where the connection is and how inclined the local support staff is to resolve issues. 

It's surprised to hear a lack of options in a place like Mumbai. No local suppliers anymore? I recall there used to be 2-3 local options around the IC area when I lived there.
Not in borivali east where i live, there is politican ownership of hathway by sai star and gournment net mtnl, even a net provider called mayekar says he can't enter our area, upon asking why he did not reply but gave reason in a gloomy voice that it might take a year.

But tikona which used to provide net in our area said that they don't do so anymore because hathway people break their cable networks, same with airtel.

4 minutes ago, adity said:

My place does have quite a few local players. I'm really happy with the local cable Internet. Been using since past 5 years. I pay ₹1,200 for 50 mbps unlimited but get 100 mbps generally. Also, practically zero downtime and very quick support. Much better than airtel or hathway. 

Same here, I pay 1000rs for 50 mbps Unlimited and most of the services are cached at 100mbps. Local Operator since there operation is small scale repairs are quick and well maintained. 

Anyone using Mayekar broadband it's a company i found in borivali dahisar area, i don't know how stable they are the quality of service & customer care they provide, are they good for gaming and streaming, if anyone has any experience with them in other area do let me know.

This is their website

http://mayekarbroadband.com/

Here are the plans they WhatsApp'ed me.1d37e6f833a9b57138e454f39642d886.jpg

I am told by Mayekar broadband to buy TP-Link C20 router as they wont provide one, of course i will go for it only when they confirm they give the net in my area, but for now, if i do buy this router will it work with hathway and/or jio fiber ? In investing money i'd like to make an investment in a way that if i get mayekar and do not like it, i can at least reuse the router and save money.

7 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

I am told by Mayekar broadband to buy TP-Link C20 router as they wont provide one, of course i will go for it only when they confirm they give the net in my area, but for now, if i do buy this router will it work with hathway and/or jio fiber ? In investing money i'd like to make an investment in a way that if i get mayekar and do not like it, i can at least reuse the router and save money.

IIRC Hathway will provide a ONU unit or cable modem which will connect to the router via ethernet cable (RJ-45). So it should work. I think @VelivolusDas uses hathway. He may be able to confirm this.

Has hathway and Jio gigafiber merged by now, our local cable guy told my aunt that don't buy any other set top box aab diwali ke baad jio aayega, upon her asking if it's confirmed he said talks are on but pakka news nahi hai.

now what do it freaking make for it, i am waiting for jio to come for 1 and a 1/2 years now, i kept my sh*t mtnl costly connection that ambani ji will bring the best net to us in borivali east, they even took tests in borivali west, par 2-3 shadi se fursat nahi mili lagta hum logo ko dry choda hai, aab mujhe jake greeta jaise nare lagane padenge "how dare you" ke tab unko east ke hum logo ka bhala karne ka samaj aayega.

Sometimes i wonder if the rich & gujju area of borivali west is favored more than the non cosmopolitan borivali east side. Sorry i don't even want to make any cast discussions, but as a net user in borivali east, shantivan side, we have been royally screwed for a decade now, with infrastructure reaching us very late, late as in  example getting hands on a PS4 now when the PS5 is a year away from release. Even i reached out to a friend on hathway nancy side, he is using the Rs.9600/6 Months HD Bliss plan and he still gets 3Mbps upload and can't even use share play or whatever PS4 streaming feature that is.

Sorry sorry again for being so angry, it's like wherever i go i am between a rock and a hard place.

6 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

6 hours ago, Walker said:

IIRC Hathway will provide a ONU unit or cable modem which will connect to the router via ethernet cable (RJ-45). So it should work. I think @VelivolusDas uses hathway. He may be able to confirm this.

Yes. Hathway provides a modem which can connect to your router.

Not sure if Hathway provides any router of their own (even if they do, it'll be charged, I'm sure).

Disclaimer: It's been a while that I've used Hathway personally. So, not sure how their service has been of late. Switched to Tata Sky Broadband for a while. And now I'm without an internet connection at my home (for over a year now). There is Hathway still being used at my Mom's (hence I know about the modem and the router).

Hot off the phone from hathway local cable guy, here is the router they have recommend me for 2.4 and 5Ghz net, does anyone use this and is it good for 50 Mbps and 100 Mbps to get exact speeds and 2bhk range connectivity.

They are saying they can only provide coaxial cable for me, is it good for competitive online gaming?

The plan they are giving is double wifi dhamaka

Price 3600

50Mbps DL
25Mbps UL
1000GB FUP
4Months

Will this be a temporary diwali plans? Or can i keep renuing it for a couple of years down the line till better plans come?

Hathway has some hidden clauses and they change plans to their favour so just asking.d9b215ff2baef9f30d149c08bba28f39.jpg

Yes. Hathway provides a modem which can connect to your router.

Not sure if Hathway provides any router of their own (even if they do, it'll be charged, I'm sure).

Disclaimer: It's been a while that I've used Hathway personally. So, not sure how their service has been of late. Switched to Tata Sky Broadband for a while. And now I'm without an internet connection at my home (for over a year now). There is Hathway still being used at my Mom's (hence I know about the modem and the router).
How was your gaming experience on hathway especially if it was with the fat coaxial cable connection?

3 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

How was your gaming experience on hathway especially if it was with the fat coaxial cable connection?

It was pretty good initially. Basically, all the online gaming I've done in my life has mostly been while on a Hathway connection (right from 2009).

Barring the few times of downtime, I've never had any major issues with them.

Having said that, I'm not someone who plays a lot of online games of late. It's mostly FIFA. But the other times when I have played other shooters (all the way from KZ3 and UC3, KZ: Mercenary on the Vita, all the way to Apex: Legends) it's been fine for me. If you are planning to play competitively, I'm sorry I don't have much knowledge in that context.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

It was pretty good initially. Basically, all the online gaming I've done in my life has mostly been while on a Hathway connection (right from 2009).

Barring the few times of downtime, I've never had any major issues with them.

Having said that, I'm not someone who plays a lot of online games of late. It's mostly FIFA. But the other times when I have played other shooters (all the way from KZ3 and UC3, KZ: Mercenary on the Vita, all the way to Apex: Legends) it's been fine for me. If you are planning to play competitively, I'm sorry I don't have much knowledge in that context.

Even that helps man thanks a ton, i am planning to stream is 25 Mbps upload enough i wonder

For data hungry users on Airtel connections, there is now an add on for 3 TB data for 299 + taxes. Its a recurring monthly cost but doesnt stack though. 

Great for people on low cost plans like 799.

Its in the Data Balance > Buy Packs on the airtel app and also on website

52 minutes ago, puns said:

For data hungry users on Airtel connections, there is now an add on for 3 TB data for 299 + taxes. Its a recurring monthly cost but doesnt stack though. 

Great for people on low cost plans like 799.

Its in the Data Balance > Buy Packs on the airtel app and also on website

I am on 1499 plan and this add on pack has been given to me for free for 6 months. Probably some loyalty program thing.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the hathway connection, speed seems good didn't play any demanding online game yet,  I'd like to know that there was a time slot with hathway when your downloads would not take any GB from your FUP ? I guess it was nighttime can someone help?