Which Internet Connection is everyone using ?

Xeno

1 minute ago, RV1709 said:

Which ISPs in Mumbai are good? I’ve been using Hathway for 10 years but their ping spikes make online gaming extremely unpleasant. They haven’t been able to fix it despite changing wires

Airtel fiber if available in your building. Recently got one and its good. Lot of times local internet providers are good so do ask around if you have other options

41 minutes ago, puns said:

Airtel fiber if available in your building. Recently got one and its good. Lot of times local internet providers are good so do ask around if you have other options

Unfortunately Airtel is not an option. Will be on the lookout for local isp options 

2 hours ago, adity said:

So airtel doesn't actually have fiber in my building. They're saying speed will be between 40 - 100 mbps. 

Most likely 40. Same at my society too. They will not give 100 as that will reduce the number of connections. So generally capped at 40. 

1 hour ago, adity said:

Meh. I'll just stick with the current one then. Jio is available too but heard bad things about it. 

I am using Jio since that's the only ISP providing decent speeds in my area. Using their Diamond aka 500 Mbps plan. Except a couple of days of downtime, it's pretty decent. Yes, blocks sites like there's no tomorrow, but a simple VPN/proxy does the job. No speed issues via LAN. I get about 300 Mbps on wifi (using an Orbi Mesh system).

The only other option is Airtel 40 Mbps, and once you get used to high speeds, 40 Mbps is quite useless. 

22 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I am using Jio since that's the only ISP providing decent speeds in my area. Using their Diamond aka 500 Mbps plan. Except a couple of days of downtime, it's pretty decent. Yes, blocks sites like there's no tomorrow, but a simple VPN/proxy does the job. No speed issues via LAN. I get about 300 Mbps on wifi (using an Orbi Mesh system).

The only other option is Airtel 40 Mbps, and once you get used to high speeds, 40 Mbps is quite useless. 

Dont they have FUP

7 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Dont they have FUP

Yes. On 500 Mbps plan, it is 1250 GB, which is decent. I usually hit it every month. For the 1st 6 months, you get 250 GB extra for free. Since the pandemic began, they are giving double data (1 extra data voucher every month). So on 500 Mbps plan, you get 1250 + 1250 i.e. 2500 GB. Good thing is these extra vouchers stack. 

I m having Airtel xtreme fibre connection with speed upto 300mbps, no downtime as such and almost instant resolution if needed. yes sites are blocked as per goverment orders. Pings are good to . My plan is 280gb per month + 1000gb(for 12 months) at 100mbps for 700/- incl GST

I was using BSNL 10 Mbps plan which gave me nightmares. Recently upgraded to local cable wala connection which is 100 Mbps with 1000 GB fup. Pretty decent for 900.

Unless you want good pings local isp are best fastest speed at cheapest price,here I'm downloading from team drives at 1Gbps 
Which connection do you use and how much does it cost? Aren't gigabit connections extremely expensive?

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, DinJo said:

Why not multiple router do you need that "10 Gbps" 

No but those 8 antennas should help with the signal, also i definitely need an AX router now, another option is to get the AX6000

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B083YJ91TC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_5?smid=A14CZOWI0VEHLG&psc=1

I would ideally have wanted to buy the AmpliFi Alien, looks so cool and next gen :P

But thanks to Covid, god knows when i get to travel again.

https://amplifi.com/alien

DSC09068-900x600.jpg

Edited by AtheK

21 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Which connection do you use and how much does it cost? Aren't gigabit connections extremely expensive?

My internet connection is 150Mbps up and down for 800/- per month, and my isp uses Google peering hence there is no limitation on bandwidth I assume it would even allow 10G if I had that router 

https://cloud.google.com/network-connectivity/docs/direct-peering/direct-peering#getting_started

My internet connection is 150Mbps up and down for 800/- per month, and my isp uses Google peering hence there is no limitation on bandwidth I assume it would even allow 10G if I had that router 

https://cloud.google.com/network-connectivity/docs/direct-peering/direct-peering#getting_started

That's super awesome. My old isp several years ago had google peering back in the 5-10mbps days when I used to get like almost instant download on Google stuff.

Currently I am also using a local cable internet but without Google peering and I kind of miss that peering.

Aparently Airtel does provide true 1gbps internet in Mumbai but the price is ridiculous at 4k+taxes.

Even spectra has a maximum speed of 500mbps but at 2k+taxes.

55 minutes ago, AtheK said:

No but those 8 antennas should help with the signal, also i definitely need an AX router now, another option is to get the AX6000

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B083YJ91TC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_5?smid=A14CZOWI0VEHLG&psc=1

I would ideally have wanted to buy the AmpliFi Alien, looks so cool and next gen :P

But thanks to Covid, god knows when i get to travel again.

https://amplifi.com/alien

DSC09068-900x600.jpg

Why not create mesh network if signal and range is the issue all the gaming routers just cost too much with little extra benefit 

2 hours ago, AtheK said:

This looks way to futuristic and scary 
damn the price gave me a ... :suicide:

kudos to you if you are buying 

Nice Guy Money GIF