Which Internet Connection is everyone using ?

Xeno

On 9/10/2020 at 1:36 PM, gecko89 said:

Do let us know how gaming is with Jio fiber, if you get it.

I play Apex Legends with my mates every weekend. We live in the same society, practically neighbours. I use local broadband (a little expensive but good), but one of them uses Jio Fiber. The other is on Airtel Fiber. Around 50 ping on Bahrain, 150-160 on EU servers~ London, Frankfurt, Amsterdam for both Jio and Airtel. I also get similar ping, but I'm stuck with around 50-60 mbps on 5Ghz band, while they get upwards of 140 mpbs.

5 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

I play Apex Legends with my mates every weekend. We live in the same society, practically neighbours. I use local broadband (a little expensive but good), but one of them uses Jio Fiber. The other is on Airtel Fiber. Around 50 ping on Bahrain, 150-160 on EU servers~ London, Frankfurt, Amsterdam for both Jio and Airtel. I also get similar ping, but I'm stuck with around 50-60 mbps on 5Ghz band, while they get upwards of 140 mpbs.

That seems good enough. Pretty similar to what I get with ACT.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

ACT has significantly boosted their plans in Bangalore.

Our 800 GB plan is now 2000 GB :dance:.

Also 250 Mbps, up from 200 earlier.

With Jio and Airtel offering 3.3TB now, 2000GB still looks less.

I am from Delhi, on ACT 200Mbps/1000GB plan. Plans haven't been changed yet.

But I think anything less than 3TB and extra subs to some OTT will make me go back to Airtel. Costs are the same.

1 hour ago, kunjanp said:

With Jio and Airtel offering 3.3TB now, 2000GB still looks less.

I am from Delhi, on ACT 200Mbps/1000GB plan. Plans haven't been changed yet.

But I think anything less than 3TB and extra subs to some OTT will make me go back to Airtel. Costs are the same.

Yep, less than the competition for sure. But this is still a significant bump, and they have been super reliable throughout this period.

So Spectra has launched some new plans to match up to the new Jio & Airtel plans. The Spectra plan of 100mbps is actually super cheap. I am thinking of shifting to Spectra. Any thoughts? 5834ea12a85d2d0606df15b7319e8172.jpg

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

So Spectra has launched some new plans to match up to the new Jio & Airtel plans. The Spectra plan of 100mbps is actually super cheap. I am thinking of shifting to Spectra. Any thoughts? 5834ea12a85d2d0606df15b7319e8172.jpg

14 minutes ago, adity said:

Is this a leased line?

12 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Nope normal home connection.

12 minutes ago, adity said:

Wow that's dirt cheap. Go for it. 

Jon Batiste Reaction GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

200.gif
Wow that's dirt cheap. Go for it. 
I thought this cheap price was a glitch, I mean how can they afford to give 100mbps for so cheap. It will put airtel and jio out of business. But then i checked out the plan in cart to test and they were actually charging that price during checkout.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

I thought this cheap price was a glitch, I mean how can they afford to give 100mbps for so cheap. It will put airtel and jio out of business. But then i checked out the plan in cart to test and they were actually charging that price during checkout.

an absolute unit of a deal.

8 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

ACT has significantly boosted their plans in Bangalore.

Our 800 GB plan is now 2000 GB :dance:.

Also 250 Mbps, up from 200 earlier.

Praise Jio. They started that all plans come with minimum 3300 gb. 

We can sh*t on Ambani all we want, but he has single handedly heralded a new digital age in India via Jio - both mobility and broadband. 

• Like 3

Spectra is offering Unlimited data on yearly plan on there 500 Mbps plan for 17833/- so almost 1480 including gst which is really a steal compared to all other providers do note the pricing varies depending upon area and for 20500 1Gbps unlimited 

Edited by DinJo