Which Internet Connection is everyone using ?

Xeno

39 minutes ago, DinJo said:

You definitely have international bandwidth routing issue , in speedtest change the server to same location where battle net servers are located and then run speedtest.

It should give you same slow speeds and you probably have to chase your ISP though keep in mind these issues are difficult to convince that to resolve.

Yes, that is what worries me, how should one make them understand these issues.

Anyway, let me research a bit more into this.

Getting loading issues on YouTube, most videos don't load. Apps not downloading. 

ISP is ACT but just noticed that they have updated FUP to 3.3TB, equivalent to Airtel.

This wasn't so just a couple hours ago, so maybe some work is going on and that's why the issue is persisting.

4 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

Getting loading issues on YouTube, most videos don't load. Apps not downloading. 

ISP is ACT but just noticed that they have updated FUP to 3.3TB, equivalent to Airtel.

This wasn't so just a couple hours ago, so maybe some work is going on and that's why the issue is persisting.

Maybe they are upgrading to ipv6. I'm hearing mumbai airtel is in the works. Got a couple of 15-20 min downtimes last month. 

Can someone please suggest a Dual band router with Gigabit ports to be used in conjunction with Jio router? I am going to disable wifi broadcast from the Jio router(the range is useless anyways) and will be using new router for wireless connections and for connecting my desktop, ps4 etc wired.

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Rey said:

Can someone please suggest a Dual band router with Gigabit ports to be used in conjunction with Jio router? I am going to disable wifi broadcast from the Jio router(the range is useless anyways) and will be using new router for wireless connections and for connecting my desktop, ps4 etc wired.

Thanks.

Budget ?

9 minutes ago, Rey said:

Thanks.

Not using this but great entry point into WiFi AX territory. Always heard good things about tp link router mgmt UI from friends. 

If money no bar, Netgear Nighthawk RAX80 (mostly 24-26k) on amazon. 

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07YP3T5H7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_69TN333J7SDFBN774DKP?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Budget ?

Upto 5-6K.

15 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

Not using this but great entry point into WiFi AX territory. Always heard good things about tp link router mgmt UI from friends. 

If money no bar, Netgear Nighthawk RAX80 (mostly 24-26k) on amazon. 

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07YP3T5H7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_69TN333J7SDFBN774DKP?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks! Yes was thinking to might as well go for WiFi 6. Archer AX10 is worth considering. Nighthawk would be too overkill though. :|

1 minute ago, Rey said:

Upto 5-6K.

Thanks! Yes was thinking to might as well go for WiFi 6. Archer AX10 is worth considering. Nighthawk would be too overkill though. :|

Welcome bro. The AX10 ticks off most boxes so yeah can't go wrong with something at 4.2k 

I recommended it especially since you mentioned going old skool wired. That's how I roll. If my wife allows it, I would run an ethernet cable to the commode :fear1:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jigsaw said:

Welcome bro. The AX10 ticks off most boxes so yeah can't go wrong with something at 4.2k 

I recommended it especially since you mentioned going old skool wired. That's how I roll. If my wife allows it, I would run an ethernet cable to the commode :fear1:

:D Yes if a device can be connected wired, I try to hook it up as soon as possible.

1 hour ago, Keyofx said:

The AX1800 might be a little more future-proof considering the 6K budget?

Let me compare them. But I think only difference is more speeds per band?

Has anything changed recently? A lot of youtube (music because that's mostly what I have playing in the BG) videos have not playable in the country tag. These are playlists that used to play from start to finish without skipping a song. I've had to switch on my VPN. The random song of the day is a graveyard of not available in country.

Thanks to JIO, now  local cable powered by BBNL  increased the speeds. otherwise would be stuck in 15mbps
Upgraded to  200Mbps for Rs. 999/-excl gst
11072770356.png

Is this a fiber connection? Any FUP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
So my provider is blocking cod servers (Hathway and Jio) since yesterday and now I’m in the market for a new ISP in Mumbai. Any recommendations? Airtel isn’t covering my area 

Don’t think in Mumbai most local guys have started providing FTTH yet and mostly use the normal cable Internet method. It will be really painful to move to that cable route if you are used to the ping/stability of fiber with Jio.

Airtel is the next best option but since mentioned that they do not provide service you can look for Spectra or Tata Sky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk