Which Internet Connection is everyone using ?

Xeno

Anybody knows how to open ports for DC++ (don't ask me why I am using it :fear1:) ?

I am on Jio. The UPNP selection doesn't really do anything. Active mode is never achieved and most hubs have a cap on passive joins (with slower download speeds).

• 4 months later...
56 minutes ago, SRINI87 said:

12277067586.png

Getting  these speeds on 200mbps  connection out of nowhere

:wOOtjumpy:

Annere, waa namune da speed maare avu. 

I'm in the same city with the same connection, I don't get a single MB speed more than what I pay for :/

Just now, gecko89 said:

Annere, waa namune da speed maare avu. 

I'm in the same city with the same connection, I don't get a single MB speed more than what I pay for :/

:lol: gothujjiye

ini test malpuve i get this speed

Maybe diwali special :P

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SRINI87 said:

12277067586.png

Getting  these speeds on 200mbps  connection out of nowhere

:wOOtjumpy:

Change server to different close by city usually providers nowadays are using cdn to bump up speed as well 

17 hours ago, DinJo said:

Change server to different close by city usually providers nowadays are using cdn to bump up speed as well 

Yeah tried differents server got speeds ranging from 160-200Mbps

also tried google speed test  got about 700Mbps (chennai  server)

Then i downloaded a software was getting anywhere between 80-90/MBps :dance:

Just now, SRINI87 said:

Yeah tried differents server got speeds ranging from 160-200Mbps

also tried google speed test  got about 700Mbps (chennai  server)

Then i downloaded a software was getting anywhere between 80-90/MBps :dance:

Ill try on steam next

On 11/7/2021 at 11:11 AM, funnyadit said:

Hey, so I will be moving to Chennai soon and I would like to know how is Jio Fiber? And if I take the 999 plan can I use the OTT apps that come in TV in other place or does it work only with set top box?

If thats the case, is Airtel good?

Please see this thread: https://broadbandforum.co/threads/list-of-the-major-ott-app-subscriptions-bundled-by-reliance-jio-fiber-and-whether-they-are-accessible-outside-the-jio-stb.204961/

Edited by Rey
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Switched to Airtel Fibre. Getting 120-130 mbps as per fast.com, its costing me 799+GST a month.

I paid up front for 3 months, they gave me a router and free installation.

My earlier fibre connection (local) was giving me DNS issues - which was not allowing me to log on to Apex Legends.

Plus it was more expensive, with like 50mbps tops on the 5Ghz band. 

Happy with the switch :) Installation was smooth, done in an hour.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, North said:

Switched to Airtel Fibre. Getting 120-130 mbps as per fast.com, its costing me 799+GST a month.

I paid up front for 3 months, they gave me a router and free installation.

My earlier fibre connection (local) was giving me DNS issues - which was not allowing me to log on to Apex Legends.

Plus it was more expensive, with like 50mbps tops on the 5Ghz band. 

Happy with the switch :) Installation was smooth, done in an hour.

This message is an eye candy to see!
My experience with Airtel has been the worst.
I'm using their service for many years, running on their copper cable.

I saw some Airtel Fiber posters around my area and decided to call Airtel for upgradation. They always say they'll send an engineer to my premises (for almost a year). The local guy is stating that the delay is due to some tunnel guys. They are apparently cutting off the fiber wires. He said it'll take them some months to resolve this, LMAO. You should have heard his sudden change in tone when I told him I'm not getting a new connection and am only upgrading :clapping:

Just fed up with the after sales with Airtel. Jio is far better with this in my experience.
Let me know if I can contact anyone else to resolve this :) 

Edited by BRHeadHunter

9 hours ago, BRHeadHunter said:

This message is an eye candy to see!
My experience with Airtel has been the worse.
I'm using their service for many years, running on their copper cable.

I saw some Airtel Fiber posters around my area and decided to call Airtel for upgradation. They said they'll send an engineer to my premises for almost a year. The local guy is stating the delay is due to some tunnel guys. They are apparently cutting the fiber wires. He said it'll take them some months to resolve this, LMAO. You should have heard his sudden change in tone when I told him I'm not getting a new connection and only upgrading :clapping:

Just fed up with the after sales with Airtel. Jio is far better with this in my experience.
Let me know if I can contact anyone else to resolve this :) 

Sad to hear this. At least 60 apartments in my society already have airtel fibre. They're constantly trying to get more people to take the service.

It was super fast for me. after sales part we shall see I guess. I hope it gets resolved for you soon bro.

8 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

My personal experience with Airtel has been nothing but stellar. 

Been using their postpaid service since 10+ years and broadband since 2 years. 

Jio is super fast at installing but their service is sh*t. Pretty much unusable for MP gaming. 

Well I'm glad to hear this. Personally, my Airtel Fibre installation took like an hour max, so I'd say it quite fast. 

No complaints on that front.

I called my local airtel person at 11AM, and he explained the plans, and initiated the process. Got a payment link 10 mins later, and then by noon they were at my place.

Hour later they leave, fibre working perfectly.

Plus my main reason was for Apex Legends (MP gaming) so I'm happy I picked Airtel not Jio. My society has both, pretty much dead split on these two. Could've gone either route.

• Like 1

12567413795.png

Pretty much what @Mr. Comingle and @North have said.

Called one day, set up the next day. 6 months with zero downtime so far, so I haven't had to experience any cs issues. Compared with Railwire (which I still have as a backup) that goes off at least 3 times a week, Airtel is a blessing.

• Haha 1

I’ve been wanting to get a airtel connection, but they’ve been telling me for the past 2 years that they all install ftth cables… and that 40 mbps is enough speed and I should get a connection asap

:ranting:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Switched to Airtel a month ago. I've had some bumps. The landline never works (light on router also shows as off).

If i lodge a complaint they will fix it for that day and then next day it will go off again. Happened 4 times. I have got fed up of complaining again and again. 

Also they never send people to home to service because they say are getting harassed by local internet goons. But have no problem sending for new connection request lol. 

Edited by dylanjosh