Which Internet Connection is everyone using ?

Xeno

Even the retards at Airtel haven't upgraded my speed. Its been 3 working days now and still nothing.

Its really pissing me off. I have told them that i will bail out on their connection and other services, we have Airtel Digital TV too if they don't process it.

Seriously it looks like the entire Karnataka circle is a joke

It took me 7 days to upgrade and I live in teh capitol

You have to be kidding me. Back then on my 256kbps line, i used to host a 6 player Gears of War 1 match and no one used to lag, when consoul used to host it on his tata which was a 1mbit line, everyone lagged.

Airtel anyday Ftw

Tata Indicom broadband connections are great for online play because the upload/download ratio on most of their connections is 1:1, unlike many other broadband providers who focus on download speeds at the cost of upload speeds. For eg: MTNL's broadband connection offers 2mbps download speed, but upload speeds are restricted to 256 kbps, making them terrible for online play.

MTNL's broadband connection offers 2mbps download speed, but upload speeds are restricted to 256 kbps, making them terrible for online play.

Don't know about Mumbai but most of the broadband plans that mtnl offer's in Delhi have 512kbps upload speeds :wub:

Tata Indicom broadband connections are great for online play because the upload/download ratio on most of their connections is 1:1, unlike many other broadband providers who focus on download speeds at the cost of upload speeds. For eg: MTNL's broadband connection offers 2mbps download speed, but upload speeds are restricted to 256 kbps, making them terrible for online play.

im on airtel n i get 1:1 speeds and so do the others who have airtel.The main problem is TATA-Airtel compatibility,a TATA user will always get lag with and airtel user n an airtel user will always get lag on a TATA connection.Except for this,they are pretty much the same.

The main problem is TATA-Airtel compatibility,a TATA user will always get lag with and airtel user n an airtel user will always get lag on a TATA connection.Except for this,they are pretty much the same.

Not true.

Tata Indicom broadband connections are great for online play because the upload/download ratio on most of their connections is 1:1, unlike many other broadband providers who focus on download speeds at the cost of upload speeds

That is actually true! But one bad thing about Indian ISPs is that they don't provide upload speeds > 1 Mbps [at least on Airtel]. A friend of mine has an 8 Mbps line and gets an upload of just 800 Kbps!

im on airtel n i get 1:1 speeds and so do the others who have airtel.The main problem is TATA-Airtel compatibility,a TATA user will always get lag with and airtel user n an airtel user will always get lag on a TATA connection.Except for this,they are pretty much the same.

As Umang said... Not True! People who have experience using both the connections [like Madhav] will tell you that Airtel sucks. TATA guys get a lot of Hosts [at least in Halo] and also have ridiculously low pings! Also, ping is (almost) the single most important thing that prevents lag.

and what is not true about that?

There will always be a bit of lag while playing on any connection....obviously Airtel-to-Airtel will get you the least lag but the lag a person gets while playing on Airtel if hes on tata is not unplayable like it is if you're on BSNL. The lag is pretty much manageable and every time Ive played halo, tata connections have always had a full green ping on airtel connections....Is that bad?

and If you are talking about the bullet lag in Gears of War 2, its still playable and not like a second or more of lag (excluding the movement lag) that BSNL people get.