Which Internet Connection is everyone using ?

Xeno

Hey guys.

So I am moving to Delhi for a couple of months (maybe more :P). Gonna live near AIIMS and need a net connection. Now I have got BSNL at home and never tried any other company.

I could think of the following off my head:

1) MTNL EVDO (heard it's pathetic)

2) MTNL BB

3) Airtel BB

Which one should I opt for ?

How much should I be looking to shell out for installation and all?

Need UL plans or a decent FUP limit.

Edit: Need quick connection. And will get my old router.

Edited by F@tm@n

Check my rant on the last page.

Yeah dude, WTF is this sh*t?! Airtel is just taking advantage of their customers. This is in no way acceptable! The plans on their website are pretty much crap...every single one of them! :giggle:

Thing is, when I joined the FUP cap was 100GB

AFAIK, only YOU can change your plan. So, even if your plan is discontinued, they can't move you to some other plan until you decide to.

Bsnl home 1350 user here.

What most people are saying about this plan is true :rant:

My connection is 2Mbps for the first 15gb now and then it drops to 512kbps.

Also my buddies that have home 750 now enjoy 512kbps the entire month.

If 512 is the minimum for FUP in Bsnl i have no probs with it now lol.

Yeah dude, WTF is this sh*t?! Airtel is just taking advantage of their customers. This is in no way acceptable! The plans on their website are pretty much crap...every single one of them! :giggle:

AFAIK, only YOU can change your plan. So, even if your plan is discontinued, they can't move you to some other plan until you decide to.

Yeah, but if everything was that fair and we could sue these companies for giving us the short end of the stick then this wouldn't be India :(

My speed is now supposed to go down to 256kbps each time I cross 15gb of traffic in a billing cycle.

Apparently, I did last month and for a week I was downgraded to, get this, 512kbps :P instead of 256kbps.. until the cycle ended 2 days back. Now i'm back at 1mbps. I'll take anything that comes my way, so I guess this is cause for a bit of cheer, though not celebration.

Gonna let this Airtel mess-up with me getting double the downgraded speed go unreported :giggle:

Yeah, but if everything was that fair and we could sue these companies for giving us the short end of the stick then this wouldn't be India :(

My speed is now supposed to go down to 256kbps each time I cross 15gb of traffic in a billing cycle.

Apparently, I did last month and for a week I was downgraded to, get this, 512kbps :P instead of 256kbps.. until the cycle ended 2 days back. Now i'm back at 1mbps. I'll take anything that comes my way, so I guess this is cause for a bit of cheer, though not celebration.

Gonna let this Airtel mess-up with me getting double the downgraded speed go unreported :giggle:

Get this,my FUP is 40gigs,I have crossed it and I'm still getting 4mbps.

Edited by Rithvik

Just shift plans,there are better ones out there.

The mere mention of "shifting internet plans" get's my dad into "Hulk Smash!" mode.

Besides I have broadband connections from Tata Indicom, BSNL and Airtel now.. I use the airtel one almost exclusively...

But what plans? Literally everything has an FUP limit.

All I do is LLAAAAAAAAGGGG Cause My Connection's BAAAAAAADDD

no matter what ISP u get this is the Best song for all of us :rofl: :rofl:

Epic, song is epic. :rofl: