Which Internet Connection is everyone using ?

Xeno

Airtel could have been the best BB in India had it been keeping larger FUP cap.

Here is my Reliance BB result. I am on 2 mbps ultd line. People complain a lot about their service, but I am " VERY " happy with it. Even their Customer Care Support has been good, received the bill on time and there has been no downtime.**

UL speed is always on higher side, don't know why but ya when on torrents theres always a balance between both UL/DL speeds.

924407547.png

22660333.png

**Reliance really didn't pay me for saying this.

Edited by Chaztin

:O

Guys, I'm planning on shifting to the 512 UL plan in BSNL. Is it any good? :huh:

It is good only if you can't stand the FUP crap shoved in by private companies because their ping times are a bit higher as compared to Airtel etc, something in the range of 45-50ms locally (ND/Mumbai). But it's cheap. For 750 bucks, you get 512 UL with no FUP. Also if you get the modem from them, be ready to pay a huge bill in the 4th/5th billing cycle because that's the time they bill you for f**king everything, from installation charges to modem charges to what not. :ranting:

Edited by F@tm@n

This so called FUP is being implemented in other countries as well. Australia/UAE etc also have FUPs albeit limits are 100 GB/200 GB or so.

Airtel's FUP is hit or miss. I am pretty sure I crossed my FUP limit this month and I'm still getting full speeds. This is the case with many others as well. I think they r not FUPping the older customers.

The other day I read an article online of this guy who choked a Belgian ISP with his 3 terabyte download in 1 month!

This so called FUP is being implemented in other countries as well. Australia/UAE etc also have FUPs albeit limits are 100 GB/200 GB or so.

Airtel's FUP is hit or miss. I am pretty sure I crossed my FUP limit this month and I'm still getting full speeds. This is the case with many others as well. I think they r not FUPping the older customers.

The other day I read an article online of this guy who choked a Belgian ISP with his 3 terabyte download in 1 month!

I am an older customer damn it.... And I AM GETTING FUPed.. FUPing airtel.. FUP them.. :rant::ranting:

After 15gb elapses, I get hit with a speed restriction. 512kbps. I don't get it. It's supposed to go down to 256kbps. But it doesn't. And until the FUP limit is hit I get 1mbps.

It's like I'm stuck in the Train station between the Matrix and the machine world! :cry:

I am on the same plan. Its decent.There is no FUP crap and almost zero downtime. But don't rent/buy their modems... They suck... But for 750 the plan is VFM.

I already have the modem, been with BSNL since launch. I want to know....how is it for gaming? And video conferencing over skype too?

Edited by devil_angel

It is good only if you can't stand the FUP crap shoved in by private companies because their ping times are a bit higher as compared to Airtel etc, something in the range of 45-50ms locally (ND/Mumbai). But it's cheap. For 750 bucks, you get 512 UL with no FUP. Also if you get the modem from them, be ready to pay a huge bill in the 4th/5th billing cycle because that's the time they bill you for f**king everything, from installation charges to modem charges to what not. :ranting:

what if I plan on setting up a static ip and using an open DNS? Does that reduce ping levels?

@ devil_angel i m using bsnl bb for last 3 years for online gaming in ps3 , now a days ping is pretty much improved , i m getting 250ms for american servers but be ready for everything in bsnl bb because sometimes it gives ping of 500ms for american servers

@ devil_angel i m using bsnl bb for last 3 years for online gaming in ps3 , now a days ping is pretty much improved , i m getting 250ms for american servers but be ready for everything in bsnl bb because sometimes it gives ping of 500ms for american servers

what's your internet speed yaar?

ya if i was you , i would go for 512 UL since there is no FUP, from my experience , i never experienced downtime in bsnl bb and its pretty good for online gaming too , except in mw2 i get good ping in other games , since mw2 uses p2p

Edited by kalish121