Which Internet Connection is everyone using ?

Xeno

I would f**king give my job, my salary and sell my house to be in your position ! dude, u live with 3 models and work in the indian film industry !

dude....i want to trade my life with you ! what do you say :P ?

Hey dude we hv special Trading Post section for all this....post it there...

@Xeno...dude...think about urs...!

@xeno,

im a bachelor ! I think many ppl are confusing me with the admin vinit ! Check out my status guys, I'm just a member, not an admin....or maybe I should change my username to something else :( !

@chaztin,

thanks for the tips :P !

hey guys, i wanted to ask if there was a cable broadband, cable i feel i much better. In the UK we have Virgin Media, which is cable tv and internet all in one and they have speeds up to 20mb, so like it would sweet if there was like cable broadband service here in mumbai.

There's no cable internet service worth its salt in the country today. Unlike the western world, cable internet has not really taken off in India. The main problem was that cable internet is shared bandwidth. The more the number of users online simultaneously, the more the quality of service would tank. Early adopters found that their magical 512 Mbps and 1 Gbps speeds became 32 - 50 kbps during peak times. This killed off interest in this form of consumer internet delivery.

Hey dude we hv special Trading Post section for all this....post it there...

@Xeno...dude...think about urs...!

wtf??????im only 15!! :P:lol: :lol:

@xeno,

im a bachelor ! I think many ppl are confusing me with the admin vinit ! Check out my status guys, I'm just a member, not an admin....or maybe I should change my username to something else :huh: !

@chaztin,

thanks for the tips :( !

aint this u vinit??????da old 1?????da admin of da old site who i donno y gave his post to sam!!!??? :lol::P

;D

@reaper im using the 500 home plan. 256 kbps. 2.5gb alloted per month.(sorry for replyin late, sumhow missed seeing that question ;) )

can sum1 tell me what latency is exactly. is it the same as ping? kinda confued since am not much of an expert. :P

also is anyone using the same plan from bsnl as me also getting speeds of 700-800 kbps from 2 am to 8 am?? the speedtest.net result sounds too good to be true...

looks like i will be playing live only between 2 am and 8 am ;)

dam mtnl b'band is the most f**kinly bad screwed up connection i hav ever had.... :angry:

bloody couldnt come online fer almost the whole day...... :angry:

exactly the problem i had since morning. my phone line had too much disturbance so connection kept breaking. i called bsnl before going to college and when i came back i saw the guys put up new phone cables :D lucky me, now internet is working again.

before whenever it rained, there was no internet for me thanks to the old phone cables.....

There's no cable internet service worth its salt in the country today. Unlike the western world, cable internet has not really taken off in India. The main problem was that cable internet is shared bandwidth. The more the number of users online simultaneously, the more the quality of service would tank. Early adopters found that their magical 512 Mbps and 1 Gbps speeds became 32 - 50 kbps during peak times. This killed off interest in this form of consumer internet delivery.

thanks for the info, but i wonder how long it would take Indian ISP decide to give higher speed broadband at a decent rate. the best ive seen is tata 1mb infinity. RS.3600, so thats around £50 per month, not too shabby.

i heard that the live subscription package which is coming out for india also had a broadband connection, or something like that. i wonder if the M$ are gonna join up with a particular ISP to promote LIVE. like m$ join with BT broadband for its launch.

thanks for the info, but i wonder how long it would take Indian ISP decide to give higher speed broadband at a decent rate. the best ive seen is tata 1mb infinity. RS.3600, so thats around £50 per month, not too shabby.

i heard that the live subscription package which is coming out for india also had a broadband connection, or something like that. i wonder if the M$ are gonna join up with a particular ISP to promote LIVE. like m$ join with BT broadband for its launch.

Yeah. M$ has teamed up with Reliance for broadband.

Edited by markettantrik