Which Internet Connection is everyone using ?

Xeno

The best part of Tata Indicom is no FUP.

I pay 1100 a month.256 during day and 1.5mbps at night.No FUP..download close to 80-90 gb a month

Keep believing that. Just wait till one day you get the inevitable call. I was with Tata Indicom for more than 3 years (since before when they were Dishnet DSL and then VSNL and then Tata Indicom). They would warn me regularly about reaching 85% of my download limit. Got pissed and moved one connection to Airtel. The other connection that my dad uses is still with Tata Indicom though.

Wouldnt they charge u pro rata rental for changing plans? I mean, hlow much will u be effectively paying?

Between 1299 and 1399,the more I download the less I pay in alternate months.

125gb may be for the first month that you change... your next month will probably be at 25gb. I really doubt Airtel will let you keep switching at your whim without either putting a 25gb cap on you or charging you.

I don't see how they can deny me migration in a justifiable manner.I can come up with new excuse for migration if they want me to. :(

In any case its worth trying and its not like me doing this will be causing Airtel a huge loss.I am sure they introduced those plans to attract more users and as long as they are doing that they will not be worried about me.

Dude I have been on Tata Indicom for like 2.5 years now........i have been downloading upwards of 60-70 gb/month for the past 4-5 months .Not a single call from them.

lol, then I guess you're just lucky. Or you have a 2mbps unlimited connect or something with a higher FUP ceiling. Anyway, they bugged me so much, I told them to shove it. After that they bugged me every day saying they will "Improve the service, please don't disconnect" etc.

@rithvik

airtel allows plan migration only after completing atleast a month on the new plan... so guess your plan wont work out..

Oops. looks like airtel have thought this through. I knew there was something wrong with this. U cant change postpaid plans 1-2 times in a month.

• 2 weeks later...

Airtel are a bunch of lying bastard scums. They finally decided they could put up broadband at my place. Fill the forms, take the cheque and totally neglected to mention that their so called "1 MBPS unlimited plan" has a cap of 15GB after which my speed goes down to 256 kbps. I asked them point blank about any limitations to downloading. And the f**kers lied to my face. I had to check the net to find out about the FUP. Now I am scrambling trying to get them to stop my cheque and cancel the forms.

MOTHER f**kERS!

Edited by Aftrunner

Airtel are a bunch of lying bastard scums. They finally decided they could put up broadband at my place. Fill the forms, take the cheque and totally neglected to mention that their so called "1 MBPS unlimited plan" has a cap of 15GB after which my speed goes down to 256 kbps. I asked them point blank about any limitations to downloading. And the f**kers lied to my face. I had to check the net to find out about the FUP. Now I am scrambling trying to get them to stop my cheque and cancel the forms.

MOTHER f**kERS!

If you wanna stick on you can change to a plan with a 100GB FUP.

@devil_angel I find airtel to be very reliable,no down time since installation and pricing is reasonable.

Got an sms from Airtel.. 2Mbps for 1699.. Unltd they say.

Some other friends got:

1Mbps Unltd for 1099 ... 15gb Limit

4Mbps Unltd for 1799 .

Looks like there is FUP :unsure:

Edited by choy

If you wanna stick on you can change to a plan with a 100GB FUP.

@devil_angel I find airtel to be very reliable,no down time since installation and pricing is reasonable.

Bro, Airtel doesn't provide any subscriptions in my locality. That is why, I'm looking for anything but airtel! :rofl: