Which Internet Connection is everyone using ?

Xeno

It's all kinds of wrong! Just look at what they claim on that page.

We start with:

Dear esteemed BSNL Broadband Customer, give us an opportunity to serve you better by downloading the Self Care Software.
So we are supposed to believe we are ESTEEMED, and how are they going to help us exactly? Oh yes, by letting us help ourselves ('self help').

Somewhere in the middle they try and slip this one in:

Self Care Software shall help you to:

Remotely Troubleshoot your Modem by BSNL Customer Care

BSNL Customer Care... we know where the trouble in troubleshoot comes from.

But if their CC could shoot customer modems remotely, it could save everyone a lot of time.

How did we miss:

You are just a click away to... enjoy hassle free BSNL High Speed Broadband Access.
:naughty: Edited by jDaMn

I think 256kbps.. but I don't know.. I'm still at 1mbps and I don't think I've crossed 15gb yet.

Seems I've crossed 15GB in my last cycle.. Checked just now using my ever-present taskbar app Netlimiter. But I've not been downgraded to a lower speed anytime during the last cycle.

You are kidding right,how can they change your FUP if you haven't switched plans?Mine got bumped to 2mbps for no reason,they haven't informed me of any change in FUP till now so I'm assuming there is no change.

reliance 1mbps unlimited for 1400 here. very little downtime, no fup nonsense, pretty good routing to europe, south east asia so gaming is good. very prompt customer support as well. it's expensive but i find it worth it.

mm..that's what i'm using. and it worked flawlessly for the two years that i've used it. but i'm fed up now. no..that's too mild a term. i'm f**king pissed ;)

i don't want any motherf**king login nonsense when i want to surf or download. i don't want security measures which terminate my "session" (yeah..session in an unltd plan :D ) abruptly if i forgot to logout while leaving home. i don't want an auto-logout after every 24 hrs. if i'm f**king paying to use unlimited services, i should be able to use them whenever, for however long i want. i'm sick and tired of calling the CC to reset my password.

i hate that goddam f**ked up with wrong english "please contact the customer care for to reset your password" screen which tells me i can't use the broadband i payed for, for the time i payed for, unless i call the customer care, confirm my ID and reset my password to the same f**king broadnet, in small letters.

i'm sick an tired of asking the "technical department" for any logical explanation on why they use these security measures or login screens for the f**ked up service that they have.

i lost it yesterday night and requested for termination. i was informed that airtel is present in my area now. i went to their website to select a tarrif plan and 1699 2 mbps sounded SWEET. unless i got into the fine print. 40 GB of FUP cap? are they out of their heavy DTH mind? and then it drops to 256 kbps?

WHATTHEf**k? WHATTHEf**k? WHATTHEf**k? :doh:

i now have no way to get online :(

f**king gujju security measures grumble grumble grumble

Yeahm anytime u have some kinda network or internet issue, the tech guys usual answer is "Reinstall karo,sab theek ho jayega!!!"

^^To which my standard answer is..mac user here, yo! :thumbsup:

Well..Airtel is actually not providing service here yet. After looking at their SUCKAGE FUP i wouldnt have gone for their plans anyway. So looks like I've got no other option for now. *sigh*

Shall ask them to cancel my termination request. :egyptian:

Also..checked on their website and they have a night booster plan with 2MBPS in the night for the same price!! Brilliant!! And reliance don't have any FUP in place too. So it all might actually work out. :threatenlumber:

WTF? y am i getting these errors? also..y steam?

I mean sp1n is always on steam

Also it seems ur the only one....

Has anybody checked the revised Airtel plans for Delhi?

They're effing ridiculous! Pretty much every plan has a restriction like the following...

1 Mbps till 15 GB,256 kbps beyond 15 GB.Service Charges extra will apply.

I don't understand. WTF?!

Edited by Big Daddy T

Guys, I'm having a problem with my BSNL connection (well not exactly with the connection)

I used to use this link to get my usage details

http://sancharnet.in/cgi-bin/redirect.pl (it's for user id in dataone domain)

and now it's of no use (for a week now) and when I try and log in to the portal *new one* http://www.data.bsnl.in/wps/portal (it's for bsnl.in domain and I don't know what's the difference) it says, "enter valid user Id and pass"

anyone else facing the same problem and knows a way around it.....without knowing my usage, I could end up in a bad situation at the end of the month :fear:

Thanks!

I mean sp1n is always on steam

Also it seems ur the only one....

Mm..it sorted itself out. Still, sometimes I get those hostgator errors. Weird.

And I'm not on steam :P

Has anybody checked the revised Airtel plans for Delhi?

They're effing ridiculous! Pretty much every plan has a restriction like the following...

I don't understand. WTF?!

Check my rant on the last page.

Also, you can sign this to let them know of their suckage

I am planning on taking a new internet connection from Airtel..suggest me a good plan.Am ready to shell out around 1.5k-2k per month.I will be using it mostly for online gaming (MW2 most of the time).I thought about going for the 1799 Impatience plan..but now i can't find it in the Airtel site and almost all the plans with decent speed has a very lame FUP.

Hey guys, I'm on the 1099 plan from Airtel. Been on it since January.

I should be getting 1mbps, but then this morning my speed suddenly dropped to 512kbps (downloads going at 64KBps) and it's stayed that way. Speed tests confirmed that the speed is now 512kbps too.

Rebooting/restarting the modem and router have done nothing either.

Thing is, when I joined the FUP cap was 100GB, which the site now lists as 15GB for new plans. When I cross 15gb my speed should go down to 256kbps for the rest of the billing cycle. BUT now the speed is 512kbps, neither the usual 1mbps, nor the 256kbps reduced speed. :( I'm nonplussed at the whole situation. I haven't exceeded the 15GB cap this month either.\

Btw I'm on Airtel in Chennai. Do enlighten me as to why this might be happening.

Edited by Gaurav - Solitaire