Which Internet Connection is everyone using ?

Xeno

Pro tip: Never EVER go for yearly plans, no matter how cheap they are. You always get something better down the line. Few years back, my neighbors were paying same amount for 512 kbps as I was giving for 4 mbps, because they took a yearly plan :rofl:

Not necessarily true. I take yearly plans with ACT (you get 2 extra months and 25 extra GB/month), and they always upgrade me when plans change. I was bumped up from 15mbps to 30mbps just last month when they scrapped their 15mbps plans. No extra charge.

Any ACT users here from bangalore?are there frequent downtimes?or a few DC's during the day?or anything like that??reviews please :bigyellowgrin:

im planning to switch over from airtel to ACT

I've been using ACT for two years. Downtime or disconnection issues are rare - I've had three or four over the past two years, and those weren't localized issues.

10 Mbps UL External Internet , CDN - 40 Mbps , Youtube , Google - 60 Mbps

@mohit9206

Unfortunately there are no fast plans in Borivali , there are some providers in Dahisar check them out , which part of borivali do you stay ?

Spectranet is only in Powai

Edited by DinJo

Blocked in Spectranet too :'(

Mine is ACT, blocked as well.

Thankfully, all's well with Zenmate :P

Blocked on D-Vois too. Thankfully the sites I frequent are not banned :P

Since they seem to have blocked the 'popular' ones, what creepy a*s sites you frequenting man ?! :P

Pretty good. Much better than Airtel for sure...

I've been using ACT for two years. Downtime or disconnection issues are rare - I've had three or four over the past two years, and those weren't localized issues.

thanks guys :cheers:

will switch over soon then :D

10 Mbps UL External Internet , CDN - 40 Mbps , Youtube , Google - 60 Mbps

@mohit9206

Unfortunately there are no fast plans in Borivali , there are some providers in Dahisar check them out , which part of borivali do you stay ?

Spectranet is only in Powai

I stay in Dahisar. Which providers in Dahisar offer fast truly unlimited plans?

You sure it's available in powai?, I stay in powai and thinking about upgrading from sh*t MTNL, what are the cost?

Their coverage is society-specific. First check if yours is in the list-> http://www.spectranet.in/ftth_registration.php

Ask @Ethan_Hunt he stays in Dahisar he has 10Mbps @900/- not sure what how stable it is.

The one I got was from my local cable operator and the core ISP bandwidth is provided by Syscon. The price for 10Mbps Download and upload unlimited is @1200/-

As far as stability goes, I would say it has improved gradually over time. There were a lot of disconnection issues initially, but now it's much better. BT peering is also available, so that's a huge plus. YouTube buffering is fantastic @1080p. I'm thoroughly content with it for the price it's being offered at, considering my measly 1Mbit MTNL line which I had earlier. :P

@mohit9206: Which area are you from in Dahisar?

Edited by Ethan_Hunt

Their coverage is society-specific. First check if yours is in the list-> http://www.spectranet.in/ftth_registration.php

My society is not mentioned in the list though the society right next to mine is, is there any chance they would provide it at my place?

My society is not mentioned in the list though the society right next to mine is, is there any chance they would provide it at my place?

Check with their Customer Care once, you might just get lucky :). They have a chat option iirc.

Check with their Customer Care once, you might just get lucky :). They have a chat option iirc.

Had a talk with them, they said they don't serve my Colony also they were pretty rude while talking so I am kind of glad that I did not get it.

Now back to searching again, any other option I have in Powai, Mumbai?