Sign in to follow this  
Xeno

Which Internet Connection is everyone using ?

1 minute ago, adity said:

Still though. Barring outliers like this, plans should still be unlimited upto a certain point. With things like game streaming, 4k videos and iot coming in, it really won't take long to go through 1 TB. 

1-2 tb i can understand. But saying 3 tb is less because you use 15tb monthly for torrents is lolworthy

The only times when I ever crossed more than 500GB monthly usage are when I need to download huge games like RDR 2, Destiny 2 etc.. May be going forward, new games all are gonna be like this..

Otherwise even with Netflix FHD usage and 1 or 2 games, I never cross 400GB~500GB per month..
Those days of pirating movies/tv shows are long gone after Netflix/Hotstar came. Helps in freeing up HDD space too in order to store actual stuff like vacation pics, vids n such..

True. The only time I download something via torrent is when it's not available on the streaming sites. I believe 1 TB is more than enough for my purposes. Let's see when Jio changes its plans. I predict the upcoming festival season for that.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

Ya max I have hit is 1 TB that too because I have moved out if DTH also, live channels are also streamed. Both the tvs these days are streaming as my in laws are at home, but 500 gb I find more then enough. What I would like is that instead of 1 mbps, maybe it should be 10% of the actual bandwidth speed. So for 1000 mbps my speed should drop to 10 mbps. 

3 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Spectra net offering 1gb speed for 885Rs unlimited but not available in my area which is weird coz Airtel and Jio fibre are here 

Ya in bangalore also they are available in limited places, they have some good plans here too. 

Im on Airtel V fibre. My connection works fine for all things except multiplayer gaming. 

Recently, my pings have increased to Europe / Middle East servers for Division 2, Battlefield games. Almost impossible to play. 

I complained to Airtel, they checked the line, replaced my modem router but it didnt make any difference. Is changing ISP the only way out ?

30 minutes ago, puns said:

Im on Airtel V fibre. My connection works fine for all things except multiplayer gaming. 

Recently, my pings have increased to Europe / Middle East servers for Division 2, Battlefield games. Almost impossible to play. 

I complained to Airtel, they checked the line, replaced my modem router but it didnt make any difference. Is changing ISP the only way out ?

I am on V fibre too and have observed ping spikes have increased rather than consistent high pings. I don't play any of these games but if you know the server, I can ping and let you know the results.

In Airtel's case, it's never the modem/router for me, this comes down to how they have routed the request. In that case, you can't really do anything.

Edited by kunjanp

2 hours ago, puns said:

Airtel replacing the modem when the routing is faulty, shows their expertise.

2 hours ago, kunjanp said:

I am on V fibre too and have observed ping spikes have increased rather than consistent high pings. I don't play any of these games but if you know the server, I can ping and let you know the results.

In Airtel's case, it's never the modem/router for me, this comes down to how they have routed the request. In that case, you can't really do anything.

I am on PS4 so I have no idea of server details. Im using LAN and DMZ'd my PS4. The local servers and Singapore are fine. Its only recently that Europe / Japan servers have gone bad.

16 minutes ago, WhoCantBeNamed said:

Airtel replacing the modem when the routing is faulty, shows their expertise.

Ya they always do that. Might take this issue with Nodal officer if local is not able to solve this. Tired of registering complaints again and again.

Jio and Hathway both are offering in my area in Noida. Might switch if doesnt get sorted

55 minutes ago, puns said:

I am on PS4 so I have no idea of server details. Im using LAN and DMZ'd my PS4. The local servers and Singapore are fine. Its only recently that Europe / Japan servers have gone bad.

Ya they always do that. Might take this issue with Nodal officer if local is not able to solve this. Tired of registering complaints again and again.

Jio and Hathway both are offering in my area in Noida. Might switch if doesnt get sorted

Yes, same here. I primarily play on PS4 and no way of getting server details to check the routing.

Stuck with BSNL as no other ISP is available here.