Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Xeno

Which Internet Connection is everyone using ?

Recommended Posts

Mumbai. retention plan
Very nice,i am anyway planning to shift to Act, had frequent downtime with Airtel in last few weeks, service seems to be dipping

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, speedy said:

I hv airtel with foll plan- 100mbps, 280 gb data per month + 1000 gb add on for -  411/- including GST.

1000gb add on can be renewed as and when required.

Wow that's crazy . I know Airtel does offer good retention plans but this plan is unbelievable.  

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2019 at 5:24 PM, Bird Bird Bird said:

Keep an eye on FK too. They had very limited time deals some weeks back on routers. 

Just waiting for the amazon and flipkart sales like a madman at this point. Ive decided to go for that Nighthawk R7000 router if I can get it in the 5k-6k price as you mentioned.

 

FYI- Apex lags so bad right now that Ive stopped playing with my friends as Ill be dragging down the whole squad,and I frequently hear my team-mates say f*ck you when I play with randoms online. I dont blame them either. My game freezes for over 30-40 secs sometimes and FPS games dont work that way. Lag is real.

Edited by Chirag2001

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just waiting for the amazon and flipkart sales like a madman at this point. Ive decided to go for that Nighthawk R7000 router if I can get it in the 5k-6k price as you mentioned.
 
FYI- Apex lags so bad right now that Ive stopped playing with my friends as Ill be dragging down the whole squad,and I frequently hear my team-mates say f*ck you when I play with randoms online. I dont blame them either. My game freezes for over 30-40 secs sometimes and FPS games dont work that way. Lag is real.
Hey bro, I am looking for that router as well to upgrade, if you find a good deal on it during the sale please let me know as well.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Hey bro, I am looking for that router as well to upgrade, if you find a good deal on it during the sale please let me know as well.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk
 

Yes will do! Please do let me know if you see it too :)

It went for 5k during the last flipkart sale, so Im hoping for a similar price tag this time around too 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yes will do! Please do let me know if you see it too
It went for 5k during the last flipkart sale, so Im hoping for a similar price tag this time around too 
Yup i had seen it when it was for 5k in the Flipkart sale, but before I could make up my mind to get it it was gone. Will dm you if I find a deal, request you to do the same.

It's quite well rated. Though even the 6800 is quite decent if the 7000 does not end up on sale. Though it has an inferior processor compared to the 7000

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Yup i had seen it when it was for 5k in the Flipkart sale, but before I could make up my mind to get it it was gone. Will dm you if I find a deal, request you to do the same.

It's quite well rated. Though even the 6800 is quite decent if the 7000 does not end up on sale. Though it has an inferior processor compared to the 7000

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk
 

Yes will do.

Well I can see the 6800 on amazon for 8k, but assuming theyre both on sale I might as well pick the 7000.

Im looking at 10k for the R7000 on amazon right now, getting it for 5k would be a steal

Edited by Chirag2001

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ask
1) Any major downtimes? Especially during rains?
2) Is the included router any good? Can I use my own router instead
3) Most important question, do they throttle torrents? I have heard so many people say that they are throttling torrent speeds. Is it true?
4) Any sites that are blocked?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

1) Any major downtimes? Especially during rains?
2) Is the included router any good? Can I use my own router instead
3) Most important question, do they throttle torrents? I have heard so many people say that they are throttling torrent speeds. Is it true?
4) Any sites that are blocked?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk
 

1. Loads of downtimes in my area but that is because of cement road construction which results in wire cut. Even Airtel goes down at same time as they use same network. Apart from that there are no downtimes. Rain doesn't affect it at all.

 

2. I got it long back in 2013, that time they gave crap router. In some regions they are giving D-Link router now. Also I am using my own router (they suggested Dir 925 and that's the one I bought to get full speed)

 

3. I use private tracker so there is no throttling. Not sure about public trackers.

 

4. Porn and torrent sites are blocked but their mirror versions work fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2019 at 4:26 PM, Chirag2001 said:

Yes will do.

Well I can see the 6800 on amazon for 8k, but assuming theyre both on sale I might as well pick the 7000.

Im looking at 10k for the R7000 on amazon right now, getting it for 5k would be a steal

any opinion on r8000 ? i am getting a sweet deal on a used router.. should i go for it ? there are quite a few models of r8000 on amazon and price slightly different.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Freelancer said:

any opinion on r8000 ? i am getting a sweet deal on a used router.. should i go for it ? there are quite a few models of r8000 on amazon and price slightly different.. 

Yeah thats even better. If youre getting a good deal go for it :) 

Also yeah multiple models, similar to R7000 and R7000P. Hoping for a deal on either router in upcoming sale.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2019 at 2:08 PM, Big Boss said:

3. I use private tracker so there is no throttling. Not sure about public trackers.

Have you able to get full upload speed to US or EU peers. Mine get throttled If I connect to the users/servers from these countries. However I get full upload speed to China,SEA and Arab countries

Edited by Engineer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Have you able to get full upload speed to US or EU peers. Mine get throttled If I connect to the users/servers from these countries. However I get full upload speed to China,SEA and Arab countries
What are your throttled speeds like? I have heard the same thing about Spectra. That's why I had asked that particular question. Lots of people say that their upload speeds go to 0 and download speed is max 1-2 MBps ~~10-20 mbps

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anyone who is using Airtel BB. Airtel Broadband plan unlimited (~3TB) by paying Rs. 299+tax extra each month,
Haven't heard of this plan . Can you please share details of this plan . Seems like a retention plan or something . I m on a 450 + taxes plan which is a 8 Mbps unlimited plan . This is the lowest plan they are offering in general .

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Krazyniks said:

Haven't heard of this plan . Can you please share details of this plan . Seems like a retention plan or something . I m on a 450 + taxes plan which is a 8 Mbps unlimited plan . This is the lowest plan they are offering in general .

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
 

It's a add on for your current plan. It increases your fup limit to 3tb. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...