Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Xeno

Which Internet Connection is everyone using ?

Recommended Posts

On 10/12/2019 at 2:04 PM, Krazyniks said:

Haven't heard of this plan . Can you please share details of this plan . Seems like a retention plan or something . I m on a 450 + taxes plan which is a 8 Mbps unlimited plan . This is the lowest plan they are offering in general .

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
 

Where do you live? In my area the 450 plan no longer exists...it now starts from 799.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shiv101 said:

Where do you live? In my area the 450 plan no longer exists...it now starts from 799.

I live in Indore . I paid for 6 months in advance in May . Yeah they don't show any plans below 799 . But they are still available . You can ask customer care and they will let you know plans available .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shiv101 said:

I asked them but they said that plan has been scrapped

Are you going for a new connection or want to change plan for your existing connection . If it's an existing connection try calling again few days later and say you want to cancel and they will offer you some retention plans .

 

If you're going for a new connection then it's best to contact local sales person and they can get you best plans .

My cousin who had a non fibre connection earlier upgraded it to fiber recently . He is on a 500 ( 600-100 ) per month plus taxes and gets 40 Mbps with 40 GB FUP and 1000 GB extra . He only got this with the help of a local sales executive . 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Are you going for a new connection or want to change plan for your existing connection . If it's an existing connection try calling again few days later and say you want to cancel and they will offer you some retention plans .

 

If you're going for a new connection then it's best to contact local sales person and they can get you best plans .

My cousin who had a non fibre connection earlier upgraded it to fiber recently . He is on a 500 ( 600-100 ) per month plus taxes and gets 40 Mbps with 40 GB FUP and 1000 GB extra . He only got this with the help of a local sales executive . 

 

I called them and they said they have no retention plan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I called them and they said they have no retention plan
Oh okay . You can try again for a few days and say you want to cancel your connection with reason being you want a cheaper plan around 500 or so. Stay firm on it. Then they will take your request and forward your details to their retention team . They offer such plans .
A guy here in IVG who lives in Mumbai is getting 100 Mbps plan with 1000 GB data for 450 .

Normal Customer care executives don't offer such plans . Also plans they offer depend upon how old your account is and how they view it .

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok so i tried getting Jio fiber both with app and online registration process and did not get a callback, only got a message saying currently they are expanding and i should wait, for how long it wasen't mentioned, i called jio fiber CC number and they had no clue about the availability in my area nor any area as they saying they have no system to check area coverage which seems like a joke since the cores of money jio is racking up over the years, it's hard to believe they have not developed a software to digitally monitor coverage.

So now i only have hathway as an option, in the borivali area they say they have a plan of 50 Mbps with 1/2 upload around 25 Mbps, 1000 GB download, 3658 price for 4 months, no installation or router charges, and they say the plan will continue and is not just a introductory plan for a new user, is this legit, does someone use such a plan in mumbai ? If so how does it perform for gaming, actually how does even a lower hathway plan like 8 Mbps DL and 2 Mbps UL perform for demanding games like NFS, Forza, COD etc i will be playing games that require minimal latency, lag, frame drops etc, please help, i have to book it as soon as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Ok so i tried getting Jio fiber both with app and online registration process and did not get a callback, only got a message saying currently they are expanding and i should wait, for how long it wasen't mentioned, i called jio fiber CC number and they had no clue about the availability in my area nor any area as they saying they have no system to check area coverage which seems like a joke since the cores of money jio is racking up over the years, it's hard to believe they have not developed a software to digitally monitor coverage.

So now i only have hathway as an option, in the borivali area they say they have a plan of 50 Mbps with 1/2 upload around 25 Mbps, 1000 GB download, 3658 price for 4 months, no installation or router charges, and they say the plan will continue and is not just a introductory plan for a new user, is this legit, does someone use such a plan in mumbai ? If so how does it perform for gaming, actually how does even a lower hathway plan like 8 Mbps DL and 2 Mbps UL perform for demanding games like NFS, Forza, COD etc i will be playing games that require minimal latency, lag, frame drops etc, please help, i have to book it as soon as possible.

I used Hathway in the past and when it works it works but god help you if it doesn't. Getting those wankers to fix anything is a trip up mount everest. Was staying with a friend in Charkop sometime in April this year (about 20 days) and he was on Hathway. Good lord the connection was unstable AF. And since I work from home it was doubly frustrating because work that normally took me about 6hrs at home stretched a good 9 hrs on Hathway simply because i had to keep reloading stuff because the connection kept cutting out every few minutes. Finally i called their number and it took them 6 days to send a tech. And he came and just reset the router. I could have done that myself. Of course the problem never went away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I used Hathway in the past and when it works it works but god help you if it doesn't. Getting those wankers to fix anything is a trip up mount everest. Was staying with a friend in Charkop sometime in April this year (about 20 days) and he was on Hathway. Good lord the connection was unstable AF. And since I work from home it was doubly frustrating because work that normally took me about 6hrs at home stretched a good 9 hrs on Hathway simply because i had to keep reloading stuff because the connection kept cutting out every few minutes. Finally i called their number and it took them 6 days to send a tech. And he came and just reset the router. I could have done that myself. Of course the problem never went away.
Damn that sucks, i am currently using MTnl 6Mbps plan that only gives me 2-3 Mbps DL and 0.6 Mbps UL.

MTNL and Hathway are the only monopolized net players in my area. So should i go for it, the guy said I'll get 2 choices of cable 1 that fat cable or another RJ something cable, which cable should i get for lag free gaming.

Also which router should i get are the ones they give good I'll need a 4 LAN Port model.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

Damn that sucks, i am currently using MTnl 6Mbps plan that only gives me 2-3 Mbps DL and 0.6 Mbps UL.

MTNL and Hathway are the only monopolized net players in my area. So should i go for it, the guy said I'll get 2 choices of cable 1 that fat cable or another RJ something cable, which cable should i get for lag free gaming.

Also which router should i get are the ones they give good I'll need a 4 LAN Port model.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
 

Hathway is pretty decent now. My uncle has been using it for quite some time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

Damn that sucks, i am currently using MTnl 6Mbps plan that only gives me 2-3 Mbps DL and 0.6 Mbps UL.

MTNL and Hathway are the only monopolized net players in my area. So should i go for it, the guy said I'll get 2 choices of cable 1 that fat cable or another RJ something cable, which cable should i get for lag free gaming.

Also which router should i get are the ones they give good I'll need a 4 LAN Port model.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
 

 

2 hours ago, adity said:

Hathway is pretty decent now. My uncle has been using it for quite some time. 

I meant when it works its great. The problem like 99% of all players is when it doesn't. I'm speaking from my own experience as a Hathway subscriber in the past, and my recent experience when I was staying on holiday with a friend. I'm guessing its more to do with where the connection is and how inclined the local support staff is to resolve issues. 

 

It's surprised to hear a lack of options in a place like Mumbai. No local suppliers anymore? I recall there used to be 2-3 local options around the IC area when I lived there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Walker said:

 

I meant when it works its great. The problem like 99% of all players is when it doesn't. I'm speaking from my own experience as a Hathway subscriber in the past, and my recent experience when I was staying on holiday with a friend. I'm guessing its more to do with where the connection is and how inclined the local support staff is to resolve issues. 

 

It's surprised to hear a lack of options in a place like Mumbai. No local suppliers anymore? I recall there used to be 2-3 local options around the IC area when I lived there.

My place does have quite a few local players. I'm really happy with the local cable Internet. Been using since past 5 years. I pay ₹1,200 for 50 mbps unlimited but get 100 mbps generally. Also, practically zero downtime and very quick support. Much better than airtel or hathway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I meant when it works its great. The problem like 99% of all players is when it doesn't. I'm speaking from my own experience as a Hathway subscriber in the past, and my recent experience when I was staying on holiday with a friend. I'm guessing its more to do with where the connection is and how inclined the local support staff is to resolve issues. 
 
It's surprised to hear a lack of options in a place like Mumbai. No local suppliers anymore? I recall there used to be 2-3 local options around the IC area when I lived there.
Not in borivali east where i live, there is politican ownership of hathway by sai star and gournment net mtnl, even a net provider called mayekar says he can't enter our area, upon asking why he did not reply but gave reason in a gloomy voice that it might take a year.

But tikona which used to provide net in our area said that they don't do so anymore because hathway people break their cable networks, same with airtel.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, adity said:

My place does have quite a few local players. I'm really happy with the local cable Internet. Been using since past 5 years. I pay ₹1,200 for 50 mbps unlimited but get 100 mbps generally. Also, practically zero downtime and very quick support. Much better than airtel or hathway. 

Same here, I pay 1000rs for 50 mbps Unlimited and most of the services are cached at 100mbps. Local Operator since there operation is small scale repairs are quick and well maintained. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone using Mayekar broadband it's a company i found in borivali dahisar area, i don't know how stable they are the quality of service & customer care they provide, are they good for gaming and streaming, if anyone has any experience with them in other area do let me know.

 

This is their website

 

http://mayekarbroadband.com/

 

Here are the plans they WhatsApp'ed me.1d37e6f833a9b57138e454f39642d886.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am told by Mayekar broadband to buy TP-Link C20 router as they wont provide one, of course i will go for it only when they confirm they give the net in my area, but for now, if i do buy this router will it work with hathway and/or jio fiber ? In investing money i'd like to make an investment in a way that if i get mayekar and do not like it, i can at least reuse the router and save money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

I am told by Mayekar broadband to buy TP-Link C20 router as they wont provide one, of course i will go for it only when they confirm they give the net in my area, but for now, if i do buy this router will it work with hathway and/or jio fiber ? In investing money i'd like to make an investment in a way that if i get mayekar and do not like it, i can at least reuse the router and save money.

IIRC Hathway will provide a ONU unit or cable modem which will connect to the router via ethernet cable (RJ-45). So it should work. I think @VelivolusDas uses hathway. He may be able to confirm this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has hathway and Jio gigafiber merged by now, our local cable guy told my aunt that don't buy any other set top box aab diwali ke baad jio aayega, upon her asking if it's confirmed he said talks are on but pakka news nahi hai.

now what do it freaking make for it, i am waiting for jio to come for 1 and a 1/2 years now, i kept my sh*t mtnl costly connection that ambani ji will bring the best net to us in borivali east, they even took tests in borivali west, par 2-3 shadi se fursat nahi mili lagta hum logo ko dry choda hai, aab mujhe jake greeta jaise nare lagane padenge "how dare you" ke tab unko east ke hum logo ka bhala karne ka samaj aayega.

Sometimes i wonder if the rich & gujju area of borivali west is favored more than the non cosmopolitan borivali east side. Sorry i don't even want to make any cast discussions, but as a net user in borivali east, shantivan side, we have been royally screwed for a decade now, with infrastructure reaching us very late, late as in  example getting hands on a PS4 now when the PS5 is a year away from release. Even i reached out to a friend on hathway nancy side, he is using the Rs.9600/6 Months HD Bliss plan and he still gets 3Mbps upload and can't even use share play or whatever PS4 streaming feature that is.

Sorry sorry again for being so angry, it's like wherever i go i am between a rock and a hard place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...