Sign in to follow this  
Xeno

Which Internet Connection is everyone using ?

6 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

I am told by Mayekar broadband to buy TP-Link C20 router as they wont provide one, of course i will go for it only when they confirm they give the net in my area, but for now, if i do buy this router will it work with hathway and/or jio fiber ? In investing money i'd like to make an investment in a way that if i get mayekar and do not like it, i can at least reuse the router and save money.

6 hours ago, Walker said:

IIRC Hathway will provide a ONU unit or cable modem which will connect to the router via ethernet cable (RJ-45). So it should work. I think @VelivolusDas uses hathway. He may be able to confirm this.

Yes. Hathway provides a modem which can connect to your router.

Not sure if Hathway provides any router of their own (even if they do, it'll be charged, I'm sure).

Disclaimer: It's been a while that I've used Hathway personally. So, not sure how their service has been of late. Switched to Tata Sky Broadband for a while. And now I'm without an internet connection at my home (for over a year now). There is Hathway still being used at my Mom's (hence I know about the modem and the router).

Hot off the phone from hathway local cable guy, here is the router they have recommend me for 2.4 and 5Ghz net, does anyone use this and is it good for 50 Mbps and 100 Mbps to get exact speeds and 2bhk range connectivity.

They are saying they can only provide coaxial cable for me, is it good for competitive online gaming?

The plan they are giving is double wifi dhamaka

Price 3600

50Mbps DL
25Mbps UL
1000GB FUP
4Months

Will this be a temporary diwali plans? Or can i keep renuing it for a couple of years down the line till better plans come?

Hathway has some hidden clauses and they change plans to their favour so just asking.d9b215ff2baef9f30d149c08bba28f39.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Yes. Hathway provides a modem which can connect to your router.

Not sure if Hathway provides any router of their own (even if they do, it'll be charged, I'm sure).

Disclaimer: It's been a while that I've used Hathway personally. So, not sure how their service has been of late. Switched to Tata Sky Broadband for a while. And now I'm without an internet connection at my home (for over a year now). There is Hathway still being used at my Mom's (hence I know about the modem and the router).
How was your gaming experience on hathway especially if it was with the fat coaxial cable connection?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

How was your gaming experience on hathway especially if it was with the fat coaxial cable connection?

It was pretty good initially. Basically, all the online gaming I've done in my life has mostly been while on a Hathway connection (right from 2009).

Barring the few times of downtime, I've never had any major issues with them.

Having said that, I'm not someone who plays a lot of online games of late. It's mostly FIFA. But the other times when I have played other shooters (all the way from KZ3 and UC3, KZ: Mercenary on the Vita, all the way to Apex: Legends) it's been fine for me. If you are planning to play competitively, I'm sorry I don't have much knowledge in that context.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

It was pretty good initially. Basically, all the online gaming I've done in my life has mostly been while on a Hathway connection (right from 2009).

Barring the few times of downtime, I've never had any major issues with them.

Having said that, I'm not someone who plays a lot of online games of late. It's mostly FIFA. But the other times when I have played other shooters (all the way from KZ3 and UC3, KZ: Mercenary on the Vita, all the way to Apex: Legends) it's been fine for me. If you are planning to play competitively, I'm sorry I don't have much knowledge in that context.

Even that helps man thanks a ton, i am planning to stream is 25 Mbps upload enough i wonder

52 minutes ago, puns said:

For data hungry users on Airtel connections, there is now an add on for 3 TB data for 299 + taxes. Its a recurring monthly cost but doesnt stack though. 

Great for people on low cost plans like 799.

Its in the Data Balance > Buy Packs on the airtel app and also on website

I am on 1499 plan and this add on pack has been given to me for free for 6 months. Probably some loyalty program thing.

I got the hathway connection, speed seems good didn't play any demanding online game yet,  I'd like to know that there was a time slot with hathway when your downloads would not take any GB from your FUP ? I guess it was nighttime can someone help?

Need help from Airtel broadband users here.

Are you experiencing any sort of slowdowns such as Instagram posts/stories taking too long to load, Twitter not loading tweets, being stuck on Download pending or downloading in Play store for a huge time?

This has been happening to me since two weeks even though my speeds are still around 40Mbps, so I think this is a DNS issue but Airtel has blocked changing DNS on it's modems now!

This problem is generally around 12am-11pm but disappears otherwise. While everything works perfectly, all the time on LTE.

If someone can shed some info. then I will be glad because if Airtel doesn't sort it out then I am switching to ACT.

13 hours ago, kunjanp said:

Are you experiencing any sort of slowdowns such as Instagram posts/stories taking too long to load, Twitter not loading tweets, being stuck on Download pending or downloading in Play store for a huge time?

This has been happening to me since two weeks even though my speeds are still around 40Mbps, so I think this is a DNS issue but Airtel has blocked changing DNS on it's modems now!

This problem is generally around 12am-11pm but disappears otherwise. While everything works perfectly, all the time on LTE.

If someone can shed some info. then I will be glad because if Airtel doesn't sort it out then I am switching to ACT.

Not on Airtel but facing similar issue on BSNL broadband since last 3 days. Internet is not fully disconnected but no website is opening and just keeps on loading forever. Same for any other internet based app etc.

Anybody else with similar issues?

Not facing any such problems . I have a 8 Mbps connection and everything works fine .

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

@WhoCantBeNamed @Krazyniks @Big Boss

Changed to Google DNS at device level and problem vanished instantly. 

Though it sucks that I have to do this one every device. Let's see if I can make them unblock the dns change setting on their modem otherwise ACT it is.

AC7E8526E549828BAB18CFC3D23DBE6E267F13D6

Finally!!! Railwire in Kumbakonam..

Already download 100GB worth of games today ..:D

Also have a doubt.. Does downloading games also use GB worth of upload data? I feel like usage shown is higher than how much I have used the data.. Maybe it could be something in the background but 2GB worth of upload has been done without me uploading anything.. Have only downloaded games, few sites visited, havent watched any videos yet but that has happen..

On 11/13/2019 at 7:42 PM, funnyadit said:

Also have a doubt.. Does downloading games also use GB worth of upload data? I feel like usage shown is higher than how much I have used the data.. Maybe it could be something in the background but 2GB worth of upload has been done without me uploading anything.. Have only downloaded games, few sites visited, havent watched any videos yet but that has happen..

Background uploads via Windows Optimization Service is quite normal. Plus, there are always tons of other services too.

Plus, steam also takes up a bit of uploading, let alone any other ahem services.

And anyway, during downloading there are many disk dump and hash fails, so you usually download more than the said amount.

Download Bitmeter, you will be able to see in real time when your pc downloads/uploads.

• Thanks 1

Guys, after almost 15 years of service, I finally asked for disconnection of Airtel broadband (Delhi).

They didn't offer me quite a lucrative retention plan but even with that I wouldn't have stayed because 40mbps was just not cutting anymore plus their copper had issue every other day, not to mention 2x the cost of what I will be paying for 150mbps ACT.

So let me know of a router for the same, should have great range. Money is not a problem until it's bang for the buck.

Could also go for mesh devices.

Edited by kunjanp

On 11/13/2019 at 7:42 PM, funnyadit said:

Welcome fellow Railwire subscriber. If anything the service has been consistently good. Been using it for 3 years and rarely any issues.

• Like 1