The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Kohli really need to stop or atleast mellow down with f**k off and BC, it's kinda irritating. Not to forget he is the captain of the team, I am. All for aggression, but screaming f**k off all the time on national TV is just bad.

• Like 1

Kohli really need to stop or atleast mellow down with f**k off and BC, it's kinda irritating. Not to forget he is the captain of the team, I am. All for aggression, but screaming f**k off all the time on national TV is just bad.

+1.

It is not needed all the time...you have to show right attitude not in just game but as a person also ....

Btw was so angry when in the 1st session yesterday India lost most of its batting order in span of 38-40 runs.....i was litetrally scolding at them..ki bc Australia ke saamne tum log ka koi aukad nahi hai kya and all...My father was also kinda angry saying they are not concentrating on their games and all..but man what a comeback......sahi hai yaar.....bc de diya Australia ko....

good comeback

i hope the whole team takes few days off & goes home. they all look absolutely knackered from the busy season. bcci madness of grinding our players in dust by playing 13 test matches which is way too much. on top of that they dont rest virat for any of the timepass LOI matches even. he's also human. as it is he plays at 200% all the time, he'll burn out this way. sorry to rcb fans here but for sake of our CT hopes i really hope that rcb dont make it to next stage of ipl so he can get some time off

& that press conference was probably virat's best innings after his wt20 match vs oz. dho daala :punk:

this is how he is from start, even during dhoni times he was like this only... i dont think he is going to change much.

this is how he is from start, even during dhoni times he was like this only... i dont think he is going to change much.

I know, but now he is an icon and a role model, loads of youngsters look up to him now, mellowing down on the blantat f**k off on national TV would be appericated.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I don't think that is a good argument. As your role and stature changes, you should makes some changes in your behavior.

I know, but now he is an icon and a role model, loads of youngsters look up to him now, mellowing down on the blantat f**k off on national TV would be appericated.

yeah, most of his frame on tv is him saying f**k off, benchod only nothing else... and thats very sad... you are the icon now also the captain of the team... your action should speak louder than words... and seeing him behave like this from the start there is no hope for him to change much

+1.

It is not needed all the time...you have to show right attitude not in just game but as a person also ....

I don't think that is a good argument. As your role and stature changes, you should makes some changes in your behavior.

But it's also the responsibility of youngsters to separate performance from the individual. This is what Australians expect of their youngsters. They're very proud of sledging and even claim that it improves their performance. If BCCI feels that sledging hurts our team's performance then they should instruct Kohli to quit spitting expletives during a match.

But it's also the responsibility of youngsters to separate performance from the individual. This is what Australians expect of their youngsters. They're very proud of sledging and even claim that it improves their performance. If BCCI feels that sledging hurts our team's performance then they should instruct Kohli to quit spitting expletives during a match.

He has fan following from age of like 5 to 100(usse uppar bhi ho sakta hai koi) ...so at such young age what will they be able to separate performance with individuality ....they will try to become like him and that is a bad rolemodel he is playing...and its not just that there is one video of him on youtube where he is growing into dressing room and abusing someone from the crowd Madar**** and all...this is unlike the sportsmanship people like Sachin...Anil Kumble, Dravid cricketers we grew up watching displayed ...

It's amazing how everyone has got it so wrong. Just because everyone thinks that Utra-Edge wasn't conclusive doesn't mean that another technology would've been conclusive. Just because one technology doesn't work for a particular situation, doesn't mean that another technology will magically reveal the answer. It all boils down to the premise. If you don't understand the premise then you will not be able to determine which technology to apply to begin with.

I say this because HotSpot is less accurate than Ultra-Edge in a rare edge-case such as this. In a rare situation, one that is not likely to repeat itself ever again, such as this HotSpot would've been useful only to ascertain the size and shape of the contact area; but not the timing of the contact!

In a rare edge-case like this, HotSpot is severly limited by the fact that many video frames were missing in between the two captured video frames, which are:

A) The captured frame that shows the ball in contact with the bat-toe (and possibly pad)

B) The frame captured just before A)

I'm so glad that HotSpot was not available. Otherwise Kettleborough would've mistaken the ball contact area (that was just ahead of the bat toe-edge) with the pad in video frame A) for timing and ruled in favor Australia. Remember, the curved surface of the ball will definitely have a large contact area with the curved surface of the pad compared to the contact area with the bat-toe. And because this contact area is ahead of that with the bat-toe (in the same video frame) it should not be used to determine timing of contact.

Rare edge-cases such as this are once-in-a-lifetime opportunities that highlight the need to improve technology. I only hope that ICC will be motivated by this rare edge-case and soon introduce 4000FPS camera equipment to relay/record matches across all formats.

Edited by pixeljunkie

He has fan following from age of like 5 to 100(usse uppar bhi ho sakta hai koi) ...so at such young age what will they be able to separate performance with individuality ....they will try to become like him and that is a bad rolemodel he is playing...and its not just that there is one video of him on youtube where he is growing into dressing room and abusing someone from the crowd Madar**** and all...this is unlike the sportsmanship people like Sachin...Anil Kumble, Dravid cricketers we grew up watching displayed ...

I'm talking about Sledging in general. This isn't about Kohli. I don't want to point a finger at Kohli. And that should hopefully prevent us Indians from dragging other Australians into this topic.

I'll repeat myself again. I'm talking about Sledging as a phenomenon. And hence there is no need to pull up a particular Australian cricketer with a spotty track record.

My posts emphasizes the following topics:

1) Sledging in general

2) Sledging in Australia

3) Cricket Australia (Governing Body)

4) Sledging in India

5) BCCI (Governing Body)

I did include Virat Kohli's name in my previous posts. But only in a specific context in order to emphasize the aforementioned topics. My posts weren't only about Virat Kohli.

That said...

You are deviating from my context by insinuating that Kohli's sledges would spoil a 5 year-old. Your argument is too specific to be considered a valid response to my previous posts. And even though i suspect you're insinuating, your argument actually has no relevance to the context in my previous posts.

Separating performance from the individual requires critical thinking that is likely to blossom after a certain age, most likely in the teens. Your example concerning the video where Kohli spews obscenities in the locker-room is also one-off and there is no guarantee that it would leave an impression on a 5 year-old, let alone 5 year-old(s). Again, it's too specific. Your following argument about legends like Kumble, Sachin, etc. is also moot. Because if Kohli did not exist, then you'd be criticizing Indian players for not giving it back to the Australians.

Indian critical thinking (if you can even call it critical thinking) is one of a kind. It bears no similarity to Western critical thinking.

Edited by pixeljunkie

angry Virat is best Virat. fun to watch & if thats what helps him going so be it. its amazing to see that even after acheiving so much even getting a single wicket gets him so pumped

Edited by Chewie

Separating performance from the individual requires critical thinking that is likely to blossom after a certain age, most likely in the teens. You're example concerning the video of Kohli spewing obscenities in the locker-room is also one-off and there is no guarantee that it would leave an impression on a 5 year-old, let alone 5 year-old(s). Again, it's too specific. Your following argument about legends like Kumble, Sachin, etc. is also moot. Because if Kohli did not exist, then you'd be criticizing Indian players for not giving it back to the Australians.

That one off moment is right in front of camera and in front of 100s of spectators ......look i am talking specifically about Kohli here but in general it goes to all of them and there is no argument of any sort to make...its simple code of conduct for celebrities and role models to show humility and sportsmanship.......you go around abusing MC, BC in front of children watching you on screen is not a good example he is setting ....

Sledging is different, spitting non stop Mc, BC and f**k Off is different.

+1.

That one off moment is right in front of camera and in front of 100s of spectators ......look i am talking specifically about Kohli here but in general it goes to all of them and there is no argument of any sort to make...its simple code of conduct for celebrities and role models to show humility and sportsmanship.......you go around abusing MC, BC in front of children watching you on screen is not a good example he is setting ....

I could be wrong but i don't think it will happen again. You said it yourself, that was a one-off incident.

Australian cricketers are tough as nails. Our team members lack their fortitude. It's a war of nerves and the Australian's have the upper hand. If Kohli shuts up and India goes on to lose the next two matches, then you guys will be angry with Kohli & Co for not abusing the Australians.

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic