The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Kolkata Fan Dies After MS Dhoni’s Run Out Against New Zealand:

A cycle shop owner died while watching the game. According to Times of India, Srikanta Maity (33) collapsed in his shop immediately after MS Dhoni got out. He was watching the match on his phone. He was rushed to the hospital where he was declared dead on arrival.

Gosh... RIP. :(

Funny fact.. 

India lost to two teams in WC and both are in final. 

Aus won from both the teams but are still not in final. 

Pakistan won from both the finalist and still no one cares... ?

• Haha 1

If the toss is going to be so crucial that it can cost a team dearly then why not have knockout games (or all) in the day-night conditions. The only reason I think it because BCCI must have pressurised them as the timings would not be suitable for s asian viewership. 

England opener Jason Roy has been fined 30 percent of his match fee for breaching Level One of the ICC Code of Conduct during the second semifinal against Australia in Manchester on Thursday (July 11). Two demerit points have also been added to his disciplinary record for the transgression.

Roy's outburst was the result of umpire Kumar Dharmasena's decision to rule him out after Australia appealed for a caught behind.

Rashid Khan has been appointed the captain of the Afghanistan cricket team in all formats, the cricket board confirmed on Friday (July 12). Asghar Afghan, who was sacked as captain ahead of the World Cup, will be Rashid's deputy.

Rashid Khan has been appointed the captain of the Afghanistan cricket team in all formats, the cricket board confirmed on Friday (July 12). Asghar Afghan, who was sacked as captain ahead of the World Cup, will be Rashid's deputy.
20 year old as Captain. Must be the youngest ever [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

On 7/11/2019 at 9:04 PM, silentassassin said:

Team misused their review has been a lame excuse for shitty umpiring.

I think it's time DRS to be given to umpires.

Dharamsena raised his finger and then went straight away for TV replay.

That means he wasn't sure of the decision.

But then realised TV replay for clean catches isn't allowed.

Unless the intention is to give the right decision and not mess up the match with some poor decisions which costs some country the match, the system would be messed up.. As of now every damn thing is to save the umpire.. I mean they dont even look at no ball and go for no ball check after a catch is taken..

Its time the system changes to get the right decision , even the on field umpire could be more honest in their opinions instead of the soft signals.. I know there's lot of pressure on the umpires but some ridiculous decisions are hard to digest, and if a player expresses his mind on the decision he is immediately punished with some crap..

Kiran More, the former Indian wicketkeeper-batsman, has been named as the interim coach of the USA cricket team. He will take over from the former coach Pubudu Dassanayake after the 49-year-old announced his resignation due to differences with USA Cricket. :bigyellowgrin:

7 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

Kolkata Knight Riders parted ways with head coach Jacques Kallis and assistant coach Simon Katich, the franchise announced on Sunday (July 14), as a part of changes to the coaching set-up. They are yet to name replacements.

When is rcb removing bholi as captain.. 

• Haha 1

When is rcb removing bholi as captain.. 
Better question is when us Indian selectors removing Bewda as coach.. high time we get a competent one.

Nz batting first. If they make 270+ England will be in tremendous pressure.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic