The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Yeah. There is no way in hell any Indian batsman who played with Sachin gets there first unless there is a rule that makes it happen.

There is a rule that says that you should have been retired for at least 5 years before you can be inducted. Point is that both deserve it. Both are legends. No point comparing and arguing over this as well.

46 minutes ago, silentassassin said:

Kohli will be there.

Virat will lead the team. Meeting is on sunday.

Will be present in meeting as well

He better be.. And either he takes control now, or he will see captaincy slip quickly. 

1 hour ago, Right said:

? he needs to be dropped in the series opener. Kohli won't be there, Rohit should do that.

Ex great player he means.. Dhoni has botched his legacy big Time.

Its ironical actually.
He forced ppl like Ganguly, Dravid, Sehwag and even Gambhir out of the ODI team to make way for new guys.

But he's not doing it himself

Also this year, no senior player should be dropped from T20. We need to build a team for T20 WC next year.
So we better play with full team in all T20 matches..

12 hours ago, Right said:

? he needs to be dropped in the series opener. Kohli won't be there, Rohit should do that.

On the contrary rohit is a lot closer to dhoni than virat. If he gets the boot then i think it will be under kohli and not rohit. 

Such dick heads trying to bring down a legend of Indian cricket who has given so many memories to Cherish. 

One idiot on FB posted as Dhoni Retired right after SF game. The Young idiots couldnt do anything chasing in SF. Only good for T20s these are. 

Ungrateful f**ks these are. Dhoni is no where near finished. Please continue the great man. 

Former India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni on Saturday made himself 'unavailable' for the Indian team's tour of West Indies as speculations raged about his future.

An Honorary Lieutenant Colonel in the Parachute Regiment of the Territorial Army, it is learnt that Dhoni will be spending better part of the next two months with his regiment.

Dhoni The selector has made himself unavailable :rofl:

Its sad to see how we decide the future of others.. We all love cricket and we are passionate about how our country does.. But its really unfair to relentlessly post on one individual's decision on his future..

How would it be if some stranger who is known person to the CEO comes into your office and points at a person and says he is unfit to continue in this organisation because that stranger cares for the company..

Regardless of how the response it would be to this post, I just feel its not healthy thing to do.. I wanted the thread to be a healthy discussion on the sport but its just turning out to be another IT company with immediate decisions needed , immediate response to something done..

Edited by funnyadit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Because .....

1. He did the same to other players.

2. He says he doesn't want to play ranji and give chance to a young player while blocking that slot at national level.

3. His current playing style (not form) doesn't fit the way modern cricket is played.

4. What's the point of picking him when he won't play the next world cup. Better to groom a young player(s)

And never forget how he quit test captaincy midway in a series and retired immediately while 2 test matches where remaining. Had he been the legend his fans say he is, he would've played the remaining 2 tests and retired once the tour was over. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Because .....

2. He says he doesn't want to play ranji and give chance to a young player while blocking that slot at national level.

3. His current playing style (not form) doesn't fit the way modern cricket is played.

4. What's the point of picking him when he won't play the next world cup. Better to groom a young player(s)

And never forget how he quit test captaincy midway in a series and retired immediately while 2 test matches where remaining. Had he been the legend his fans say he is, he would've played the remaining 2 tests and retired once the tour was over. 

+1

38 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Because .....

Now that is a reply! That CEO argument posted above this post was a such a joke! :rofl:

Yeah I did expect such response..

58 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

Now that is a reply! That CEO argument posted above this post was a such a joke! :rofl:

Nice to hear you had a laugh, the least I could do..

--------------------------

Could have just ignored posting here just like how I have been for long time.. Sorry my bad.. Will try to avoid posting here from now on..

Edited by funnyadit

4 hours ago, funnyadit said:

Its sad to see how we decide the future of others.. We all love cricket and we are passionate about how our country does.. But its really unfair to relentlessly post on one individual's decision on his future..

How would it be if some stranger who is known person to the CEO comes into your office and points at a person and says he is unfit to continue in this organisation because that stranger cares for the company..

Regardless of how the response it would be to this post, I just feel its not healthy thing to do.. I wanted the thread to be a healthy discussion on the sport but its just turning out to be another IT company with immediate decisions needed , immediate response to something done..

One word... Karma.. And it's a bitch. 

Edited by AtheK

45 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

No one even knows if he has already decided to announce retirement. Everyone is just speculating :doh:

Thats my exact point, why are we stressing on someone's future when ours is uncertain..

I am not against the opinions of people put in.. I even accept the points put in from many but I JUST want others to give the space to take their own decisions.. Its not like things said in this forum would be read by Dhoni and he would announce his retirement in frustration but the least we could do as humans is be positive on life and expect the same from others regardless of what a person has done.. We NEVER EVER know what a person goes through mentally then why not just show love regardless.. Again might be a good funny post but thats just the way I want to look at life.. Just let them be.. This would be my post regardless of who the player is, not because its MS..

PS: Hopefully I get no need to post here anymore.. Let their be good energy and lets spread happiness..

Edited by funnyadit

3 hours ago, Big Boss said:

No one even knows if he has already decided to announce retirement. Everyone is just speculating :doh:

he already said that he's not available for the next 2 months and wants to serve in his military regiment.

To me this sounds like a deal has been made between the selectors and MS. skip the WI tour and be spared the embarrassment of being dropped and you get a farewell game/series when south africa tours india next. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic