The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just woke up and saw the scorecard bc another hundred amazing consistency from Virat and good win for India. Shreyas must be rewarded for his innings as well he must be no 4 instead of Pant

Virat and Shreyas partnership was so pleasant to watch. Glorious stroke making. 

Iyer should be given a long run in the middle order. Technically good and has multiple gears in batting.. 

Dont know whats wrong with Path. Is it arrogance, stupidity? Constantly gets out playing like a no 10/11 batsman :doh:

The way he got out was beyond stupidity. 

He seems to have taken his spot for granted. 

He needs to improve a lot on his keeping. Even if he sorts his batting, his keeping remains a concern. 

In a 10-second clip speaking to Windies Cricket, a smiling Gayle said: "I didn't announce any retirement." When asked if he is still with West Indies cricket, he replied: "Yeah, until further notice," as he put to rest talks of retirement. :rofl:

Source & Video: Chris Gayle not done yet, 'until further notice'

11 hours ago, silentassassin said:

Virat and Shreyas partnership was so pleasant to watch. Glorious stroke making. 

Iyer should be given a long run in the middle order. Technically good and has multiple gears in batting.. 

Dont know whats wrong with Path. Is it arrogance, stupidity? Constantly gets out playing like a no 10/11 batsman :doh:

The way he got out was beyond stupidity. 

He seems to have taken his spot for granted. 

He needs to improve a lot on his keeping. Even if he sorts his batting, his keeping remains a concern. 

Ya he dropped a catch yesterday too, zyada hi sir pe chada diya usko. 

Shastri to continue to be head coach till 2021 WC to be held in India. 

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/27398849/ravi-shastri-remain-india-head-coach

I think its a good decision, he has been decent as coach, ya sometime speaks more then required, but overall he has been decent. Plus it's always good that captain and coach share  good healthy working relation. On top of that the one shortlisted were not that great either. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AtheK said:

Shastri to continue to be head coach till 2021 WC to be held in India. 

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/27398849/ravi-shastri-remain-india-head-coach

I think its a good decision, he has been decent as coach, ya sometime speaks more then required, but overall he has been decent. Plus it's always good that captain and coach share  good healthy working relation. On top of that the one shortlisted were not that great either. 

Mike Heason is a good coach dude.

Considering we are playing 2 T20 wcs in next 2 years, would have preferred Hesson actually. 

Lots of inside stuff in today's episode. 

-  Kohli got Sehwag to apply for the post of head coach before CT 2017 and then used him to remove Kumble and get Shastri at the last moment. Virat literally pissed off viru, kumble, dravid, zaheer, and the cac (sachin, Saurav and vvs)

- stuff like if you don't follow orders (like a certain diet or something else) you're dropped from the playing 11

- after the test series win in Australia someone in the dressing room (vk or bewda) said don't show respect to senior players and say we did the impossible. 

- lots of other stuff which they didn't say openly like someone in the team saying  "15 catch, 5 century i" which i think is directed towards rohit. Etc etc. 

Lets just hope virat doesn't destroy the team with his confrontational attitude. 

7 hours ago, silentassassin said:

The umpiring in Ashes has been disgraceful.

Aleem Dar just gave Head not out for a lbw appeal.

on review, the ball was hitting middle of middle stump. How the fk can anyone miss that :doh: 

There was one more howler after that, I think with DRS umpires have started to take things too lightly. 

This Ashes test might end with a lame draw. Shame. I was enjoying the limited action till now.

Btw, Steve Smith is an enigma. The way he shuffles all the time he should be a prime candidate for lbw or bowled, especially when ball pitches on off and middle. But, every damn time he manages to put bat on it. Truly fascinating to watch. And as a Right handed batsman myself let me say, it's a freak thing to do and I dont think anyone else can manage this kind of technique with so much success. Truly enjoyable though.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

On 8/16/2019 at 11:56 PM, KnackChap said:

Lots of inside stuff in today's episode. 

-  Kohli got Sehwag to apply for the post of head coach before CT 2017 and then used him to remove Kumble and get Shastri at the last moment. Virat literally pissed off viru, kumble, dravid, zaheer, and the cac (sachin, Saurav and vvs)

- stuff like if you don't follow orders (like a certain diet or something else) you're dropped from the playing 11

- after the test series win in Australia someone in the dressing room (vk or bewda) said don't show respect to senior players and say we did the impossible. 

- lots of other stuff which they didn't say openly like someone in the team saying  "15 catch, 5 century i" which i think is directed towards rohit. Etc etc. 

Lets just hope virat doesn't destroy the team with his confrontational attitude. 

Wow, so explosive stuff here.

Brilliant chase by Sri Lanka earlier today. Match was very even for first 3 innings and NZ were favourites when 4th innings started but Sri Lankan openers handled it very well. Equivalent to a 350+ chase on a flatter pitch. 

England have also played well. Last evening only Australia looked like they could force a win and England had to bat for a draw. But now England have 45-50 overs to bowl with little fear of Australia even attempting to chase. Aus should focus on surviving the (only) 3 hours of play we will have today. 

1 hour ago, Banz said:

Brilliant chase by Sri Lanka earlier today. Match was very even for first 3 innings and NZ were favourites when 4th innings started but Sri Lankan openers handled it very well. Equivalent to a 350+ chase on a flatter pitch. 

England have also played well. Last evening only Australia looked like they could force a win and England had to bat for a draw. But now England have 45-50 overs to bowl with little fear of Australia even attempting to chase. Aus should focus on surviving the (only) 3 hours of play we will have today. 

Superb chase from SL. They chased it with ease, i expected the match to be close, but SL did it easily...

1 hour ago, AtheK said:

And now archer hits smith sub on the helmet, man ths guy is seriously fast. This after taking two wickets already. 

Yea. Broad told in  PC jofra bowled slow, he can bowl faster after the 1st day he bowled.

He was proved right..

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic