The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 12/24/2019 at 11:18 PM, silentassassin said:

Y is ICC and few others have problem with BCCI wanting to play 4 nation tourny.
We will play with whoever the fk we want.

Heard it's because official rules say that individual boards can organize a 3 team series at most.

I guess it's because they don't want continuous tournaments that take the sheen out of the official ICC ones. For example, if India, SL, Pak, Bangladesh (Optional Afg) can regularly organize a tournament, then the charm of Asia Cup will be gone I guess. Same for all teams coming together for unofficial tournaments regularly (BCCI has the money to make it happen) which will take the sheen out of Championship Trophies and World Cups

3 hours ago, TAZ said:

I have just lost interest in all the series that are played in India. All I care about is the India touring AUS or ENG. Playing against SL-WI-SA is just wastage of time and efforts. 

Anyone else feels the same way ? :fear1:

Exactly my feelings. Tour to SL is like weekend XP boost. Real test is Test Cricket and that too in SENA.

2 hours ago, eddy4823 said:

Exactly my feelings. Tour to SL is like weekend XP boost. Real test is Test Cricket and that too in SENA.

Even I rate Test Cricket at top level but playing at home against low ranked teams and finishing in 3 days isn't something to be proud of. I really wanna see Indian team against the best of English team but sadly they aren't touring Eng anytime in near future.. Though NZ tour would be interesting.. 

It's ridiculous to say that real test cricket is in SENA just because we are too good in subcontinent conditions. I for one enjoy wherever my team wins. I wonder if Australian fans said that real test cricket is in subcontinent because they used to dominate everyone in SENA. I bet they didn't and just enjoyed their dominance. I don't know why our fans are like that. 

3 hours ago, Big Boss said:

It's ridiculous to say that real test cricket is in SENA just because we are too good in subcontinent conditions. I for one enjoy wherever my team wins. I wonder if Australian fans said that real test cricket is in subcontinent because they used to dominate everyone in SENA. I bet they didn't and just enjoyed their dominance. I don't know why our fans are like that. 

Precisely
I wanted to rise the same point.

I thought they meant, they need competitive cricket.
But our guys beleive winning at home is sh*t and winning overseas is the real deal.
But the same yardstick is not applied to other teams.

We are going to NZ in feb, the same team who got thr arse handed to them in AUS.

This. It baffles me why our fans underrate our wins in Subcontinent all the time where as SENA country fans boost up their triumphs in their own countries all the time.

Was expecting more spine from NZ but they have really disappointed me. However SA has surprised me, was expecting England to walk over them. I wonder why Steyn isn't playing for SA when he is fit and playing in BBL.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

Everyone sucks overseas doesn't justify India playing bad overseas. India lost test series against SA in SA and lost against ENG in ENG. Why are we justifying Indias loss overseas by saying "They also lose in subcontinent." If you guys rejoice when IND bashes SL and Kohli scores double century like it's bread n better, you can. But we are supposed to win everywhere if we are the best. If Home is the only place where a team wins, then Cricket has to be one of the most boring sport ever. A weak Indian side in 2004 drew a test series in AUS against AUS when AUS were strong. A strong Indian team loses against a weak SA or ENG Team in their soil, I don't digest that. 

2 hours ago, silentassassin said:

our guys beleive winning at home is sh*t and winning overseas is the real deal.

I do believe that and can say that again. Everyone wins at home, what special does India have when India can't win overseas ?

5 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

No one is arguing about what Special India has or doesn't have. The argument here is people calling test cricket in SENA as real test cricket which is just plain ignorant.

so is boasting stats and comparing Kohli to Sachin when all he faces are likes of SL/ BangBros/ WI on Indian pitches. Its not worth watching Indian cricket when a test finishes in 3 days in India.

I do believe that and can say that again. Everyone wins at home, what special does India have when India can't win overseas ?
What special does SENA teams have when they can't win in India? Everyone is stronger at home but Still we are rated No.1 and I admire that. Also, we didn't just defeat WI/SL/Bangladesh but also SA, Eng, Aus, Nz in India. Not a small feat by any means.

And you conveniently forgot to mention that India did win the test series in Australia recently and it is the toughest place to win for a Subcontinent team. And we are quite favourites to win in NZ coming Feb.

10 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

What special does SENA teams have when they can't win in India? Everyone is stronger at home but Still we are rated No.1 and I admire that. Also, we didn't just defeat WI/SL/Bangladesh but also SA, Eng, Aus, Nz in India. Not a small feat by any means.

And you conveniently forgot to mention that India did win the test series in Australia recently and it is the toughest place to win for a Subcontinent team. And we are quite favourites to win in NZ coming Feb.

Why are you and everyone taking my comments as if I am bashing Team India ? I just said Home matches aren't interesting anymore. Real test is in SENA. That's it. 

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic