The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why are you and everyone taking my comments as if I am bashing Team India ? I just said Home matches aren't interesting anymore. Real test is in SENA. That's it. 
Nothing personal. Let's agree to disagree. Personally I enjoy India vs all top teams whether it's at home or abroad.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

10 hours ago, eddy4823 said:

Why are you and everyone taking my comments as if I am bashing Team India ? I just said Home matches aren't interesting anymore. Real test is in SENA. That's it. 

And real test for SENA teams is in subcontinent, so let's make them play here with each other and we will go play there :p

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, AtheK said:

And real test for SENA teams is in subcontinent, so let's make them play here with each other and we will go play there :p

That would be damn fun!! IndvsSLvsBang in SENA and SAvsNZvsAus in India. A completely fair match with no home team advantage. Absolutely brilliant idea man.

Just a small matter of ticket sales. But between friends, what's one or two bankruptcies for some cricket boards. After all the very important matter - clarification of the definition of "Real Cricket" is at stake.

Edited by roun90

West Indies opener Chris Gayle has hinted at playing franchise cricket until the age of 45. Currently in Bangladesh to take part in the ongoing Bangabandhu Bangladesh Premier League for Chattogram Challengers, Gayle said that he still retains the same passion despite playing at the top level for 20 years.

"A lot of people still want to see Chris Gayle out in the middle. I still have that love for the game and that passion for the game. I would love to carry on as long as possible in T20 and franchise cricket as well. I still play a few games here," Gayle told reporters at the BCB academy premises.

"The body is feeling good and I am sure I am getting younger as the days go so I am looking forward to it. 45 is a good number. Let's talk at 45. I think that's a good number and my first number. I just think I am on the slow side a bit. You know, plan my life ahead. It's been 20 years of international cricket and 20 years of cricket in general. So there is always life after cricket and this is the time where you can put some plans in place as well. Play a bit of cricket as well. It won't be like back then where you play in all the tournaments and play all the games in those tournaments as well. So you have to monitor it as you go on."

Source: Gayle hints at playing franchise cricket until 45

Edited by Black_Hawk

Fked up Team selection
Kohli is awesome at no 3.
We finally found someone decent at no 4 in Shreyas Iyer. Again to accommodate Dhawan, whole batting line up was fked up.
Dhawan completely killed the game in first 10 overs. 
Hardly got any runs. His lack of runs, forced Rohit also to get out. 

Shami n Shardul both are not good for white ball. 
Jadeja cant pick wickets in white ball. We need to back Kulcha and play Saini in place of Shardul. 

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic