The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Indian Premier League 2020 has been suspended until April 15 following global concerns surrounding the now-pandemic Coronavirus (COVID-19).

"The BCCI is concerned and sensitive about all its stakeholders, and public health in general, and it is taking all necessary steps to ensure that, all people related to IPL including fans have a safe cricketing experience," a BCCI media release signed by board secretary Jay Shah stated.

"The BCCI will work closely with the Government of India along with the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and all other relevant Central and State Government departments in this regard."

BCCI Sources: India vs South Africa ODI matches in Lucknow and Kolkata called off in view of Coronavirus.

According to a BCCI source, the BCCI has removed Sanjay Manjrekar from their commentary panel. He wasn't part of India Vs SA commentary panel too, the BCCI is also planning on not to include him in the IPL commentary panel. According to them, they're unhappy with Sanjay's work.

:majesty: :happydance:

12 hours ago, TAZ said:

I think it would be better to cancel the IPL all together than conducting it behind closed doors as it would incur more loss to all those involved. 

How will it incur more loss ?

Just the franchises will lose ticket money. TV revenue & Ad revenue is the main chunk. 

On 3/14/2020 at 11:49 AM, silentassassin said:

How will it incur more loss ?

Just the franchises will lose ticket money. TV revenue & Ad revenue is the main chunk. 

Yes the main loss would be sale of tickets. It would be better to use 2-3 grounds only and limit the travelling of the players as if it happens then schedule will be tight and most likely 2 matches everyday.. 

12 hours ago, TAZ said:

Yes the main loss would be sale of tickets. It would be better to use 2-3 grounds only and limit the travelling of the players as if it happens then schedule will be tight and most likely 2 matches everyday.. 

How will that work? IPL is a very long tournament, and pitches will deteriorate. Having entire 12 (?) teams on 2-3 grounds over a period of some 2 months will lead to some really unfair matches in the long run.

How will that work? IPL is a very long tournament, and pitches will deteriorate. Having entire 12 (?) teams on 2-3 grounds over a period of some 2 months will lead to some really unfair matches in the long run.
If the situation doesn't improve (highly unlikely) I see IPL being cancelled. Cases are increasing day by day and more areas are getting affected. No point taking the risk.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

If the situation doesn't improve (highly unlikely) I see IPL being cancelled. Cases are increasing day by day and more areas are getting affected. No point taking the risk.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic