The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

it was always coming...

Kamran Khan reported for suspect action

Cricinfo staff

May 1, 2009

Kamran Khan, the Rajasthan Royals left-arm seamer, has been reported for a suspect action. Rudi Koertzen and Gary Baxter, the on-field umpires for the IPL game between Rajasthan and Chennai Super Kings at Centurion on April 30, said they had concerns over Kamran, 18, and hence requested the authorities to review his action.

The two on-field umpires and TV umpire Amish Saheba reviewed footage of the game and believed Kamran's action needed further scrutiny. The matter has now been referred to the Rajasthan management and the IPL's technical committee.

"The matter has now been referred to the team management of the Rajasthan Royals and the IPL's technical committee as per the laws of cricket that govern our game," Lalit Modi, chairman and commissioner of the IPL, said. "I now await the report from the technical committee and will then decide on the future course of action."

Kamran can continue to play until he is proven guilty of an illegal action.

Kamran, from Azamgarh in the north-Indian state of Uttar Pradesh, was spotted by Rajasthan team director Darren Berry at a talent scouting camp earlier this year. He impressed Shane Warne instantly after bowling one over against the Cape Cobras in a warm-up game played a couple of days before the IPL kicked off. In five IPL games he has taken six wickets at 20.66, limping off the field during his last over against Chennai on Thursday. He was the bowler chosen by Warne to bowl the decisive 'super over' in the win against Kolkata Knight Riders.

So, so happy for Bangalore........Bevdaas :(

Bevdaas FTW.

I dont understand should i feel sad(for punjab) or feel happy.

I think i will just gulp 2 beers :(

great match, Yivi should be dejected, there were on their way to a easy victory and look what happened.... Anil Kumble`s 19th over was fantastic

OMG! bangalore leading this poll to finish Last in IPL 2 !! :D after this victory they will now be on 4th or 5th position

Bangalore beating Punjab is a great result for chennai..

Hail Anil Kumble... im enjoying this IPL in many ways more than last years.. the old times are really showing their class

KP sucked as captain, dint know how to use his bowlers, kumble excelled in that dept.

Kumble is a champion, KP is an overpriced turd

guys, lets get your predictions in for the eventual winner of the tournament.. only 1 choice allowed

even though I support Chennai Super Kings, my pick for winner of IPL 09 is Mumbai Indians

^^ :fear: me too MI FTW!... MI aala re alaa..saglyanchi vaat laun gela re gelaaaaa :P

OMG Bangalore Won. Am i dreaming :devil:

WTF! :devil::thumbsup:

Edited by p34c3

i will change the poll after team reach semi final, as for mumbai winning, they are a good team so they do have a chance.

9353.jpg

Shah Rukh Khan`s Knight Riders team, apart from losing badly in IPL, sent back it`s much publicised cheergirls, Angels!

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic