The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How stupid was the decision to send Rohit and Decock to bat in superover? They couldn't even put bat on ball. Luckily rules meant Bumrah couldn't bowl again, so it was Boult. I predicted Boult will go for 2 sixes in 2 balls but he went for 1 six and then 2 fours later. He is a typical NZ bowler who bottles it under pressure.

Bangalore win with 2 balls left

Delhi win with 1 ball left

Kolkata win after a tie and a super over

Punjab win after a tie, a super over tie and a second super over.. probably the best T20 match ever in terms of entertainment.

WHAT A WEEKEND...

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, silentassassin said:

Y are punjba still playing Maxwell. 

He has the best ER amongst all Punjab bowlers :giggle:8 overs for 52 in 2 matches. I think they are playing him for bowling and fielding, Batting is just a add on I feel given his recent form. 

He is yet to hit a 6 this IPL. 

Any idea y RCB dropped dube on saturday? 
He was playing really well, n he's a far better batsman than Gurkeerat. 
They are playing him on reputation irrespective of his form and IPL stats. Ideally Neesham should get a go ahead but then Maxwell is bowling well and his fielding is top class so they may still persist with him.

I am more excited for Gayle. How dumb KXIP management has to be not playing the best T20 striker ever from match one. I still believe KXIP won't qualify but they gonna disrupt others badly. Unless KKR screw up badly the top 4 are done.

How stupid was the decision to send Rohit and Decock to bat in superover? They couldn't even put bat on ball. Luckily rules meant Bumrah couldn't bowl again, so it was Boult. I predicted Boult will go for 2 sixes in 2 balls but he went for 1 six and then 2 fours later. He is a typical NZ bowler who bottles it under pressure.
I disagree. Dekock and Rohit are regular openers and getting 6 of an over would be piece of cake for them. Give credit to Shami who bowled an outstanding over to contain them. And ya, the moment they announced Boult will be bowling I knew match will be over in 3 balls. He just doesn't have the pace of his younger years.

3 hours ago, silentassassin said:

He is yet to hit a 6 this IPL. 

Any idea y RCB dropped dube on saturday? 

He was playing really well, n he's a far better batsman than Gurkeerat. 

Cos master Kohli Chahate hain :P

I still think RCB should drop Finch, he seems disinterested as well. Give joshua a couple of games  as opener and relive ABD as WK 

39 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

They are playing him on reputation irrespective of his form and IPL stats. Ideally Neesham should get a go ahead but then Maxwell is bowling well and his fielding is top class so they may still persist with him.

I am more excited for Gayle. How dumb KXIP management has to be not playing the best T20 striker ever from match one. I still believe KXIP won't qualify but they gonna disrupt others badly. Unless KKR screw up badly the top 4 are done.

He's just playing out of reputation for sure. 
Batting he's been awful
Luckily for kings, he's slipping in few good overs.

Dont remember the last time, he delivered in IPL tbh. 

31 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Except Hooda and Singh I got 9 players right in my Dream 11.. just playing with small group of offc folks but might have made a little $ yesterday on the mega contest.. Anyone else playing here ?

Screenshot_20201019-122625_WhatsApp.jpg

I lost around 500 bucks over 2 / 3 weeks lol. 
Stopped playing after that :P 

29 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Cos master Kohli Chahate hain :P

I still think RCB should drop Finch, he seems disinterested as well. Give joshua a couple of games  as opener and relive ABD as WK 

They wont drop him.
We are winning now, , Finch can win matches on his own on his day. So, they'll be hoping, he'll do that soon..

I hope Dubey comes back next game. He's in good form. Bowls few overs as well.. We should back our players. constantly dropping them, wont help..

8 hours ago, silentassassin said:

He's just playing out of reputation for sure. 
Batting he's been awful
Luckily for kings, he's slipping in few good overs.

Dont remember the last time, he delivered in IPL tbh. 

I lost around 500 bucks over 2 / 3 weeks lol. 
Stopped playing after that :P 

They wont drop him.
We are winning now, , Finch can win matches on his own on his day. So, they'll be hoping, he'll do that soon..

I hope Dubey comes back next game. He's in good form. Bowls few overs as well.. We should back our players. constantly dropping them, wont help..

Problem with Mr kohli. 

Archer can't hold to anything today, and Jadhav how shitty is he. 

Sad to see Dhoni struggle, have always seen him super fit and in happy state. Clearly shows he is feeling the pressure of fans and owners alike, might well be the end of road for IPL for him, until ofcourse the owner pressurize him for one last season.

Dhoni saying we didn't give opportunities to youngsters cause they didn't showed SPARK clearly shows how much behind they are in management among all teams.. And Jadhav and Dhoni himself showed so much SPARK to play all matches..ridiculous. He has lost so much value of his legacy in these past couple of years.

CSK deserved to be the first one out. All other teams have fought out and are even fighting now to be in top 4. Look at KXIP yesterday and RR today, doing everything to win matches. And CSK is on a paid vacation with the sole intent to bore viewers with their tuk tuk batting.

The Curious case of Kedar Jadhav is beyond funny now, and yes as you said the PC today by him was wrong at so many levels. He has totally lost it, seems along with big hitting his political moves are also not working. He is and will continue to be the biggest politician Indian Cricket ever saw.

Jadhav is the biggest scam of Indian team. How the hell he managed to get there and stay for so long. Even a 38 year old Yuvi will field better than him and would be far more consistent. :fear1:

• Like 1

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic