The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Have to say Sandeep Sharma is one of the most underrated players of the IPL overs the years, he has consistently picked up wickets throughout and yet flies under the radar while dogshit like unadkat gets picked up for multiple crores. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Have to say Sandeep Sharma is one of the most underrated players of the IPL overs the years, he has consistently picked up wickets throughout and yet flies under the radar while dogshit like unadkat gets picked up for multiple crores. 

absolutely, see this, better then Bumrah in all department except one. Though Bumrah might have turned many more matches at tough points.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcricket%2Fcricinfo%2F123819

15 hours ago, AtheK said:

absolutely, see this, better then Bumrah in all department except one. Though Bumrah might have turned many more matches at tough points.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcricket%2Fcricinfo%2F123819

He's pretty good but doing it in Rajiv Gandhi Stadium and doing it in Wankhade are two different things altogether. SRH home ground is usually a low scoring affair with scores around 150-160 while Wankhade is nightmare for bowlers. 190 is a par score there.

Moreover, Sandeep's economy gets better with the fact that he bowls with the new ball when most of the batsmen tend to respect new ball so he gets away with a very economical over there which helps his overall economy. Bumrah on the other hand is brought in as a change whenever Rohit needs him to put brakes on opposition or get a wicket when batsmen is mostly settled. Moreover, it is tough to bowl 1 over spells. No bowler likes it but Bumrah does it often. Bowlers usually like bowling few overs together for rhythm. Once ball stops swinging, Sandeep is too predictable and easy to hit. That is why you rarely see him bowling in death. So stats might show you one thing but if I have to pick one, I'll pick Bumrah with closed eyes. He's a far more skillful and dangerous bowler. Sandeep can be a replacement for Bhuvi who seems to have caught the Shane Bond bug :console:

MI are clear favourites today but like SRH showed they ain't unbeatable.. I hope our batting clicks cos we have the bowling to defend it. Hopefully, we play the same team. Sam's didn't took many wickets buy he was quite economical and if Dhawan and Rahane can repeat there innings we have a chance..

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, harsh1387 said:

MI are clear favourites today but like SRH showed they ain't unbeatable.. I hope our batting clicks cos we have the bowling to defend it. Hopefully, we play the same team. Sam's didn't took many wickets buy he was quite economical and if Dhawan and Rahane can repeat there innings we have a chance..

Sam's didn't really impress me. Yes, he was economical but i don't recall any delivery where i could say that he could have gotten a wicket (as you pointed out). Problem with Rahane is that while he is perfect while chasing a target of 150-160 (as we saw in the previous match), as soon as the target goes over 175, i see him failing. Then again, Iyer and Pant have been stinking up the middle order for sometime now anyway. I have very little confidence in our batting at the moment.

7 hours ago, ZooZoo said:

He's pretty good but doing it in Rajiv Gandhi Stadium and doing it in Wankhade are two different things altogether. SRH home ground is usually a low scoring affair with scores around 150-160 while Wankhade is nightmare for bowlers. 190 is a par score there.

Moreover, Sandeep's economy gets better with the fact that he bowls with the new ball when most of the batsmen tend to respect new ball so he gets away with a very economical over there which helps his overall economy. Bumrah on the other hand is brought in as a change whenever Rohit needs him to put brakes on opposition or get a wicket when batsmen is mostly settled. Moreover, it is tough to bowl 1 over spells. No bowler likes it but Bumrah does it often. Bowlers usually like bowling few overs together for rhythm. Once ball stops swinging, Sandeep is too predictable and easy to hit. That is why you rarely see him bowling in death. So stats might show you one thing but if I have to pick one, I'll pick Bumrah with closed eyes. He's a far more skillful and dangerous bowler. Sandeep can be a replacement for Bhuvi who seems to have caught the Shane Bond bug :console:

Bumrah is anyday a better bowler then Sandeep, there is no doubt or debate. My point was to just say as KC mentioned, he does not get the due he deserves.

1 hour ago, harsh1387 said:

MI is losing today :P

17 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

Sam's didn't really impress me. Yes, he was economical but i don't recall any delivery where i could say that he could have gotten a wicket (as you pointed out). Problem with Rahane is that while he is perfect while chasing a target of 150-160 (as we saw in the previous match), as soon as the target goes over 175, i see him failing. Then again, Iyer and Pant have been stinking up the middle order for sometime now anyway. I have very little confidence in our batting at the moment.

The downfall of pant this season has been alarming, iyer started well, but seems the pressure of captaincy is now showing up on the young chap. Hopefully with two chances to qualify he let's the pressure slip and plays a good knock. 

Pant's downfall has to be blamed on Shastri. He publicly criticized him for playing too many shots. So, a swashbuckling hitter has now become an accumulator which isn't his natural game. Iyer needs to break free and stop thinking about captaincy while batting.

Sam's won't take a fifer. But, he isn't leaking runs like deahpande atleast.

Bowling first, if we restrict MI within 175, we have a good chance.

IMO, Kishan has been far more consistent than Samson this season. He stood up for mumbai on multiple occasions and saved them from dire situations. Should have been on flight to Australia instead of Samson or Pant.

7 minutes ago, ZooZoo said:

IMO, Kishan has been far more consistent than Samson this season. He stood up for mumbai on multiple occasions and saved them from dire situations. Should have been on flight to Australia instead of Samson or Pant.

Yup him and SKY for Iyer.

SOmeone told this to Kohli, so Kohli said screw it MI ka captain bhi nahin jayega ab.

Edited by AtheK

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic