The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 hours ago, eddy4823 said:

Pandya has been economical, Let's make sure we don't let him bowl full overs.
What a pathetic bowling display from India in the ODI series and Test series is still 3 weeks away. Can't imagine Smith, Budget Smith, Warner (I hope he's ok after his injury today and doesn't miss any test), Cummins, Starc, Nathan Lyon and Hazlewood ripping apart the Indian batting order which has no Kohli. 

They are not gonna rip our batting. 
We batted okay yesterday. The target was too steep .
As a matter of fact, we ripped Strac apart.. 

1 hour ago, silentassassin said:

We batted okay yesterday.

Tests are a complete different arena. Starc was smashed because of the pace he has. Slower bowling helped bowlers. After 1st test when Kohli leaves, our batting won't be okay.

14 minutes ago, eddy4823 said:

Tests are a complete different arena. Starc was smashed because of the pace he has. Slower bowling helped bowlers. After 1st test when Kohli leaves, our batting won't be okay.

Kohli made 3 & 34 in the first match we won and 82 and 0 in the other one we won. So i don't think he would be missed that much, on the contrary maybe rahane will be a better captain then this good for nothing captain.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AtheK said:

Kohli made 3 & 34 in the first match we won and 82 and 0 in the other one we won. So i don't think he would be missed that much, on the contrary maybe rahane will be a better captain then this good for nothing captain.

Kohli is an average White ball captain.

Test, Kohli is a very good captain. He got the team to no 1 position and we stayed there for quite some time.. 

Kohli is not leadership material tbh. It's one thing to have favourites and draft them into the team and literally every captain from sachin to dhoni did that during their tenure but to have rivalry and try to sabotage (willingly or otherwise) other top players career playing for india is a low no other captain in recent memory has done. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, silentassassin said:

Test, Kohli is a very good captain. He got the team to no 1 position and we stayed there for quite some time.. 

White ball he is pathetic, Test kohli is an average captain. Problem is Dhoni set the standard so low with his test captaincy, that it was easy to surpass that.

Problem is everyone has suddenly made Kohli the talking point then the team, it's as if kohli is the only one playing in RCB and only one playing in India team now. This is a sorry state of affair. He has been very good with bat in recent times, but in T20 he is probably a non starter in majority of the teams. Time we made the odds even and either give the White ball captaincy to Rohit or to KL if they want to groom a new capatin. T20 WC is in india next year, and we really need a better captain then Mr. Chimpanzee. Also it will free him up to play better.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, silentassassin said:

we finally agree on something :giggle:

I think the team could be more grounded and focused without the antics of our hyper-excited punjabi munda. My big worry is by the time we get to the tests, shami or bumrah might get injured. As it is even with a pretty full strength bowling lineup, we have been mercilessly thrashed. Kohli and the drunk now are in face-saving mode and will not have a choice of resting the frontline quicks anyways. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. 

Waiting to see Kohli do another inception-moment by declaring ODIs are irrelevant Wednesday evening. Then T20’s will be irrelevant after a few more days. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

we finally agree on something :giggle:

I think the team could be more grounded and focused without the antics of our hyper-excited punjabi munda. My big worry is by the time we get to the tests, shami or bumrah might get injured. As it is even with a pretty full strength bowling lineup, we have been mercilessly thrashed. Kohli and the drunk now are in face-saving mode and will not have a choice of resting the frontline quicks anyways. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. 

Waiting to see Kohli do another inception-moment by declaring ODIs are irrelevant Wednesday evening. Then T20’s will be irrelevant after a few more days. 

They should rest both Bumrah and Shami for next match, injuring them in a dead rubber is just stupid. Even Dhawan should be rested and Gill should open with Mayank, if they want they can try samson also instead of KL and give KL also some rest from keeping. 2-0, 3-0 doesn't matter.

2 minutes ago, AtheK said:

They should rest both Bumrah and Shami for next match, injuring them in a dead rubber is just stupid. Even Dhawan should be rested and Gill should open with Mayank, if they want they can try samson also instead of KL and give KL also some rest from keeping. 2-0, 3-0 doesn't matter.

But can you imagine the rampage Umesh Yadav might unleash on the scoreboard if one of the two is rested. As it is Saini has been royally found out. Yadav might graduate to a HOF member in the Dinda academy if he’s given the ball on these road-pitches. 

IMHO smith, Warner and Maxwell should just go to Pakistan. They were clueless 20 days ago in the IPL and now be like “Abhi khelne ka nahi, pelne ka time hai” :thumbdown:

The stupidity of captain and coach can be surmised by the very fact that even after the drubbing in first match they played the exact same team in next match..

So, don't expect any wise decisions from these dimwits..

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Just now, harsh1387 said:

The stupidity of captain and coach can be surmised by the very fact that even after the drubbing in first match they played the exact same team in next match..

So, don't expect any wise decisions from these dimwits..

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

https://ibb.co/SKffc5s

Don’t ban me. Trying Imgbb now 

One thing I have seen in recent times which is not an easy task to perform or execute....

When you have RRR at 15.00 and then you bowl to Pandya not giving a single run of all 6 Balls and not a single yorker!! :O

That just shows how good and clever a bowler you are and why you are ranked as the current best in the world! 

Pat Cummins

6 minutes ago, HarishProGamer said:

One thing I have seen in recent times which is not an easy task to perform or execute....

When you have RRR at 15.00 and then you bowl to Pandya not giving a single run of all 6 Balls and not a single yorker!! :O

That just shows how good and clever a bowler you are and why you are ranked as the current best in the world! 

Pat Cummins

Accha hai but yeh saare IPL mein kaise gobar kha rahe thay. Now how come all the pent up libido has come out of nowhere :wallbash:

Poor Zinta almost had to sell her implants to pay for Maxwell and now here he is smashing at a SR of 200+ 

1 hour ago, Jigsaw said:

Accha hai but yeh saare IPL mein kaise gobar kha rahe thay. Now how come all the pent up libido has come out of nowhere :wallbash:

Poor Zinta almost had to sell her implants to pay for Maxwell and now here he is smashing at a SR of 200+ 

:D  Still thats not GoodEnough.

• Haha 1

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic