The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

X factor also gone.

Extremely poor run rate too, you have to score runs to win matches. 150+ in around 75 overs is bad. 
RR is inconsequential in a rain interuppted match where in 75th over the ball is still moving like it's 1st over of match. I think India did very well to not collapse at 100 like they usually do in such conditions.

Sent from my SM-E625F using Tapatalk

38 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

X factor also gone.

Extremely poor run rate too, you have to score runs to win matches. 150+ in around 75 overs is bad. 

These are under 100 all out conditions. 150 from 75 overs with only 4 wickets down is more than welcome.  We don't need to score 400-500 in the first innings here like we do at home.

Hopefully we can cross 250 from this position. Dissapointing shot from Rahane, he was playing well.

Looks like draw is coming, if NZ isn't done today.
Highly unlikely any play wil happen today. Game is 60/40 in favor of NZ right now but things can change quickly for any side. Next 2 days weather is fine but to force a result some drastic collapse needs to happen. ICC made a blunder by not giving more reserve days for such an important historic game.

2 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

ICC made a blunder by not giving more reserve days for such an important historic game.

ICC didn't have reserve day for Champions Trophy which we won in England and thus game reduced to 20-20.
They are master of fkups. 

But you really cant have many reserve days.

ICC didn't have reserve day for Champions Trophy which we won in England and thus game reduced to 20-20.
They are master of fkups. 
But you really cant have many reserve days.
We got lucky with CT and it's not the point if we Win or NZ. Point is ICC keeps on harping Test cricket is dying and then arranges the most Important WTC final in a country famous for his rain and spoiling matches in the month of June.

To counter it they should have given atleast 2 reserve days. If this match ends in a draw cos of rain and bad light and both teams will share the mace ICC will receive a lot of flak and obviously interest in next WTC cycle will reduce.

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic